You're My Downfall

"with you, it's different,"

"I seriously can't believe you convinced me to stay," Emerson narrowed her gray eyes into Sean's skull as she placed her suitcase down on his foyer, bending down to kiss the top of Donut's head before turning her full attention to the blue eyed Texas native, "I'm only staying for a few days, Sean. I mean it."

"Yeah, yeah. You're going to fucking love it here, Emi." He gave a smirk, "You're going to want to stay for other reasons aside from the good street food and nightlife."

"Ew," she squinted her eyes at him, "I really question your predatory approach sometimes. Is this really what women are into nowadays? Like do you really get laid as much as you claim?"

He laughed, even throughout all the years of her being apart of different cliques, she was still the same Emerson. Some what rude and funny without trying, it was his favorite trait about her. If it weren't for the fact that he didn't want to get into the chaotic mess of being her boy friend, he would have sailed that ship a long time ago. He just felt bad for the poor sap that would end up stealing her heart because if he knew Em, she would be a handful and pain in the ass. "Stay a little bit longer, Emi and you'll get your answer."

She pointed a finger, "You better not bring a girl home." Emerson took a seat on his couch, her eyes narrowing, "I don't want to hear it. Oh Sean, oh my god, yes, right there, don't stop. Oh Sean, Sean, Sean!" She shuddered as she mimicked what she would assume it would sound like.

He snickered, "You do that a little too well there, baby doll. You sure you don't want to give it go?" Sean wiggled his brows.

Em rolled her eyes, "Only in your dreams, and not even there." She cooed to his dog, placing another kiss on top of the pitbull's head, "Right, Donut? You don't want to hear him banging some wanna be hooker."

"Wow, I'm actually really hurt that you'd assume I bring home 'wanna be hookers'" Sean retorted, faking a hurt expression with his hand over his heart, "When has this impression of me gotten so low?"

"When they wear short dresses with thigh high heels and wear enough perfume to choke you into oblivion," Emerson pressed her lips and gave him a look, "they're wanna be hookers." She gave him a sultry salute and then pointed towards him, "Think about it, Sean."

Image

"You know, it's kind of funny watching him pick up chicks." Norman held a glass of Jack and Coke in his hand as both himself and Em watched Sean flirt relentlessly with a redhead that wore a tight black dress.

Emerson nodded, then shaking her head, "It's more sickening then anything," her head tilted as she watched his body language, "it's like watching a starved dog attacking a piece of meat."

Norman laughed, agreeing with her. He downed the rest of his drink, "She reminds me of a wanna be hooker."

Em snorted, licking her lips, she turned her attention towards Norman, "Finally, someone who agrees with me." She shook her head, bringing the wine glass to her mouth, leaving a faint pink mark on the rim, "So, tell me a little about yourself and I don't mean work related things."

He shifted in his seat, Norman never liked to talk about things, he was more of a listener, but her gray eyes were enticing. Almost urging him to spill every little detail about himself. "Um, well. I have a fourteen year old son and a cat. I mean I'm pretty boring, there's not much to tell you." He placed a cigarette loosely in his mouth as his brow raised at her response.

Her eyes sparkled, "Tell me about your son."

"Oh, uh, his name is Mingus--"

Emerson rose an eyebrow, "--like Charles Mingus?" Her attention was peaked, she had a thing for Jazz music, it always calmed and relaxed her mind whenever she had a rough day.

Norman smiled lightly, impressed, "Yeah, yeah. He's a cool kid, I mean, every parent must say that but he's real chill and down to Earth. He's taught me a lot, it's weird how that goes." He cleared his throat, his eyes adverting down to avoid her stare.

"Does he live with you or?"

"He lives with his mom and her boy friend mostly, whenever I'm home for awhile, he'll stay with me."

Em nodded, swirling the golden liquid, her eyes concentrated on the wine, "I've always wanted kids, but I don't think I'll ever have them. I can't see myself being a mother," she made a face, "my parents are still convinced that I'm going to bear Sean's children." Emerson shuddered at the thought, "God, they're delusional."

Norman chuckled, glancing back over at his good friend. Sean was never a fond believer of love, he was a bit of realist when it came to the subject. Always claiming that love wasn't a true emotion, it was all learned. Norman would pay to see the day to see Sean with the news of being a father. "What? You don't see yourself settling down with Flanery?"

"The world would have to be ending in order for me to ever think about taking that seriously." Emerson pressed her lips as she watched Sean talk his way into possibly taking the redhead home, "I've known him forever, meaning that I know pretty much everything about him. I would be downright stupid to involve myself in his mess."

"Afraid to take risks?" Norman asked, a small smirk playing along his lips. The alcohol has surely hit him and the more he stared at the pretty brunette, the more liquid courage he got.

Emerson snorted, taking a long sip of her wine. "Sean is not a risk," she flicked her wrist towards him, "you'd be the risk."

"I see," he licked his lips.

She smiled, shaking her head, "And I'm not a risk taker, by the way." Em winked at Norman, standing up, "I better jump in between those two cats before they start tearing off each other's clothes. Sean is not allowed to bring a girl home on my visit-"

"-you could always crash at my place." Norman shrugged, "I live a few blocks down from him, pretty convenient."

Emerson puckered her lips, "Inviting as that sounds, I think I'll stick with being a cock block for the night." She placed a quick kiss on his cheek, "I'm sure I'll see again before I leave."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image