You're My Downfall

"It won't be easy,"

"Wake up, wake up, wake the fuck up." Sean kicked the bed, his voice screeching as he started to sing his words, "Wakey wakey, Emi."

Emerson shot up, sleep still evident in her eyes as they filled with anger, venom dripping from her tongue, "I swear to fucking God, if you don't the fuck out of my face, I will rip off your dick and shove it down your fucking throat."

"Oh shit,"

Her eyes shifted towards the doorway, her eyes rolling to the back of her head as she fell back into her pillow, her hand rubbing over her face, "Seriously? After all the drinking we did last night? What could you possibly have planned for the three of us at--" she looked over towards her watch, lifting to her face, she groaned, "--8:23 in the morning, Sean?"

Sean smirked, his body bending over hers, his mouth close to her ear, "A threesome, baby."

Em's hand shot out, her hand grasping his belt, her eyes narrowing, "I would highly suggest you add just kidding right now or else you can say goodbye to the only thing that's keeping you sexually active."

"Oh for fucks sake, Emi. I'm just kidding," he yanked her hand off his belt, his own eyes filling with slight annoyance, "you really think I'd arrange that? I mean I would but not with you." He ran a hand through his short hair, "This is payback for not letting me take that--"

"--wanna be hooker?" She interjected.

He rolled his eyes, "Redhead, I was going to say redhead." Sean rubbed his hand over his face, groaning, "I really regret convincing you to stay, I forget how much of a pain in the ass you are."

She sat up, "I can leave today if you'd like."

"No!" He exclaimed, his eyes narrowing, "You're staying and we're going to a movie premiere--"

"--you're hilarious."

"Thank you, I've been told that I am. But, get dressed, babe. You're going to be Norman's escort--"

"--oh now you're being a riot." Emerson glared hard at both the men standing before her.

Norman cleared his throat, his eyes shifting from embarrassment, "What Sean's probably trying to say is that he wants you to be my--uh--date."

Sean smirked, shaking his head, "Mmm, nope. I meant it as it sounded. You--" he turned towards Norman, "--are going to be arriving with a very beautiful woman and sit with your hands in your lap until the night is over and then you two will have wild sex."

Emerson groaned, removing the covers from her body, glaring into Sean's head, "You're lucky that I find Norman to be actually interesting and sweet." Pushing past the blonde haired man, she scoffed, "Asshole."

Image

Even if Emerson didn't want to admit it, she was enjoying herself. She had been to movie premieres before but never with Sean, it was quite amusing watching him interact with friends and people. But, it was even more interesting being around Norman too. She hadn't realized that he was so much more than his shy self. For a man that hated talking about himself, he sure knew how to work the crowd with his stories and interests.

She found herself not falling in love with him but finding it rather hard to not like him. He was genuinely sweet and for Emerson, that was hard to find in a man. But, she knew better than to get involved with Norman's life. He was a nice and low key kind of guy, Em, on the other hand, wasn't entirely known for her good girl attitude. She didn't have to think twice on what kind of things would be said about the two if she ever ventured that far.

Although, she couldn't wait to read what the tabloids and YouTube bloggers had to say about her being Norman's date. It wasn't quite a secret either, especially not with Sean's big mouth. It was pretty clear to everyone that Emerson Ford and Norman Reedus were each other's date for the night. Regardless if anything were to happen between them, she couldn't begin to imagine the crazy rumors or stories she'd hear.

The night was winding down to an end, the movie wasn't entirely horrible and the after party had done it's job in giving Emerson a good time. While she waited for Sean and Norman to finish their goodbyes inside, she waited outside in the cool New York night for their ride. Pulling out a cigarette, she placed it in between her lips as a guy with a camera approached her. She really wanted to roll her eyes and run through a list of things she wanted to say but shr held her tongue like the semi good person she was and gave a slight nod.

"Emerson! Just the girl I wanted to see." He seemed to be fairly new, she could see it clear as day on his face, he was rather friendly and sweet but she could tell he hadn't faced the difficult problems that would soon arise in this kind of business.

She took a drag, letting the smoke rise into a small faint cloud above her head, "Is that so?"

"Is it true that you and Norman Reedus are secretly dating?" He positioned the camera towards his face, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

Emerson gave a slight chuckle, flicking off ashes, she gave the kid a look, "What gave you that impression?"

"Well, you were his date for the Hell's Companion premiere right?"

"I suppose so, but if you really want to get technical, I was really part of a group. Sean Flanery, Norman Reedus, and the cute little blonde that Sean invited." Em placed the cigarette in her mouth, giving the camera a small little smile.

The guy frowned, "Oh, so you're single?"

She gave a loud sigh, nodding, "When you're constantly going from state to state, country to country, you really don't have a chance to have relations of any kind." Putting out the cigarette, she smiling lightly, "Yes, to answer your question, I am single." Emerson glanced towards the entrance of the building, feeling relieved that the two men he came with were on their way out, "If you'll excuse me, I have to go."
♠ ♠ ♠
<3

Image