Status: fluffy one shot!!!

Kindof a Kayne Thing

x

The pen twirled between her fingers as her mouth was set into a hard line while she focused on the beat coming from her headphones. She was barely paying attention to her boyfriend of three months who was busy getting ready for the upcoming APMAs which he was nominated for. The blonde had lazily tossed her short hair into a ponytail and had been dressed in just a tank top and jeans for the past hour while the man had been changing outfits roughly every fifteen minutes, asking her what she thought before changing again. He had asked her at least fifty times now if she thought he looked okay and he sounded seriously worried about it. Then again, he was the same man whose first reaction when he met her was to ask if his hair looked okay.

Honestly, the biggest thing Taylor had liked about him was that he was just so… dorky. All together, his love of video games, his giant love of dogs, his big smile, his “oh God is my hair okay” when he first met her… it all had been so much and it had just pulled her to him. But as for right now, even though she found him funny and amazing, she honestly needed to pay attention to what she was doing. She was being overly critical of herself, as per usual. She responded, “Mhm, it looks great, Gaskarth,” in a distracted tone before he finally realized she wasn’t really paying attention to him at all.

Of course, he knew Taylor was hard at work on her new album but he was still annoyed she wasn’t paying attention to him. It was very important to him that he put together the best possible outfit for the APMAs and he trusted her style. And yes, at first he was slightly crestfallen before he realized there was really only one option to get her attention: be as absolutely ridiculous as possible. He went back into his closet and pulled out the most ridiculous, over the top outfit he could find. A sheer black vest and sheer black pants was exactly what he needed to get her to pay attention to him. He went out in it, putting on sunglasses and went, “Hey, babe, what about this?”

She glanced up for a brief second and her lips parted in shock as she reached up to yank her headphones off with a look of pure disbelief. She stared for a full minute before she started to laugh and it was honestly the most magical sound he had ever heard. Taylor honestly threw her head back into a full laugh, shaking her head. “Oh my God, Gaskarth… you can’t be serious,” she said through her laughter, setting her laptop aside out of fear of it falling out of her lap from how hard she was laughing.

He grinned from her laughter, slightly empowered by it as he pretended to model the outfit for her as she put her hands over her mouth, shaking her head. She kept glancing over it, unable to truly take any part of it seriously – from the sunglasses to the sheer pants, it was just too much and so not him. “Oh, babe, you know I’m dead serious about this year’s Chanel,” he joked, causing her to let out another snort of laughter.

Her bright blue eyes were sparkling and she grinned, trying to gather herself in between peals of laughter (dear Lord, she was adorable), managing to choke out, “Gaskarth, honestly. You can’t expect me to believe you’re gonna leave the house dressed like that.”

Alex grinned at her, glad that she was finally paying proper attention to him and putting the laptop aside for once in the entire day. He nodded as if he was serious, putting on his best serious face to match trying to avoid laughing himself – that laughter of hers was infectious. “Yeah, I totally am serious,” he said, tossing her his phone. “You should take photos of this – let everyone know that I’ve settle on my APMA outfit.”

Taylor laughed again, doing her best to snap a proper photo while her shoulders were still shaking from laughter. She grinned when she finally got the photo down pat, grinning up at him. “I thought the point of me was to make sure you don’t make any fashion mistakes,” she said with a grin. “Though I do gotta admit, you do have the chest for it.”

Alex puffed his chest out at Taylor with a look of pride on his face. “Yeah, you know I do. I was thinking I was gonna put on my best Kayne West impression,” he said.

Her eyes went wide. For a second, he thought maybe he had overstepped it with the joke but she had started to grin again. She shook her head before laughing (and he secretly let out a breath of relief that she laughed), replying in between laughter, “Yo, Alex, I’m gonna let you finish but I have the best Kayne impression of all time. Of. All. Time.”

He grinned slightly, shaking his head. “God you’re a dork.”

Taylor raised an eyebrow, shaking her head. “Hey pot. This is the kettle. You’re black.” Either way, she had still gotten up, a smile wide on her face as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek. “Think you should tweet his photo. It’s a great photo. With the caption ‘Taylor said no to this’.”

Alex grinned. “I have a better caption idea, actually,” he said, typing out “Thinking of going for kindof a Kayne thing this year #APMAS” real quick and showing it to her. She responded by shaking her head and rolling her eyes, leaning her head on his shoulder as he sent the tweet. “Too late to take it back, babe.”

“Yeah. You’re a damn dork,” she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was just a short fluffy drabble because i suck