Status: Thanks for reading!! :D

Timeline

To the End

Time rolled to a stop, as it always does, but in this way it was different. Not for scientific reasons, but mental reasons. I don't even know exactly, but it was most definitely happening.

The first time I met her, was the hundredth time for her. She knew everything about me, and I knew nothing about her. It was a shock to hear her say my name with such joy, and hold me with a love that I only, just then, became familiar with.

I'd gotten a fildament seed for my birthday when I was six, the year 3000, most literally. My mom filled out all the papers, and to me, the fildament seed was what old people called "a brand new car". It gave me the power to go back in time, to fix mistakes, but only by seconds and minutes.

I got an upgrade for my job, to hours, then days, years, decades. Of course, I was assigned a helper, to get me out of sticky situations, like accidentally going back to the war days.

That's against the rules, you can't change that piece of history because if we hadn't had the Last War, then we wouldn't be as technologically advanced or be the peaceful society that we are now.

But, this day, 2024, many, many years before the war, was the day I met her. Esta. She had hair so brown, one'd expect it to be chocolate, and eyes so blue, you'd believe they were just carved and polished fresh. Skin the color of stained wood, black thin lines of tattoos drawn across the smoothness. I wished I'd known her from the very start, since the time she met me.

I made a mental note, as soon as I got back to my time, I was getting the future upgrade on my seed, and I was definitely making that wish come to fruition.

I nearly couldn't wait for me to get back so I could restart, for her to love me, and I to love her, from the beginning.