Status: Thanks for reading!! :D

Timeline

From the Beginning

It was the first time I met her, but as I would soon learn, it was her second.

I felt it. In me, in her, the connection, it was deep and full and I doubt the string that drew me to her was going to fray.

It was an odd thing. She came to me, and asked me if I'd like to go to have coffee or something, and I, under no obligation to say no, said yes. And we went, and she told me everything, how I was, would be, and how we would be. Together. She told me about the seeds and how she got an upgrade to see me in the right way.

And I believed it, and I almost didn't believe that I believed it. It was so out of this world. Time-travel. I mean, we just overcame some serious tech-wars in Japan, you wouldn't think we'd make the impossible possible with all the idiotic wars.

So she talked and talked, and talked some more. And I was entranced, watching her speak was like watching a machine run. Everything was going over in her head, then coming out of her mouth. She was younger than me. In her early-twenties I'd bet, and such bright eyes showed it. Bright green, the color of mowed grass. Natural, much unlike her hair, a pastel pink that somehow fit her.

She was beautiful and pop-punky, and I wondered why I felt such an instant connection. Because she already loved me? Or is it because the whole 'already met in a different timeline'?

I thought about it and after a while started listening to her speak again. What was her name?

Cassandra. It's Cassandra. I wondered how I knew and then decided it didn't matter. I just did. It doesn't matter what circumstance that we've met, what matters is that we have.

I bent over the table, spilling cooled coffee, and kissed her, wishing she'd gone further back, so I would have a reason in feeling so girlish, so young.