To Love a Vampire...

Interrigations

The next morning, I was seriously more nervous about my parents asking me about Shawn than I did when I was at graduation! I hesitated to go down stairs but, I knew I had to sooner or later. When I went into the kitchen, no one was there and I felt a huge relief.
"Caitlin? Is that you?" I heard my mom calling from the dining room. *So much for an easy and fast get away.* "Caitlin, good morning. Sleep good?"
"Really good." I smirked.
"How was the concert?"
"Amazing! I'm so jealous that Sam got to finish tour with them. They were so cool and I felt like I was in heaven." I babbled on and on about the concert and the band. My mom was actually being polite and not saying a word while I went into huge detail about everything. Well, that was until I stopped after talking about saying good-bye to Sam.
"Well tell me about your other friends you were with."
"Who? Oh.... you mean Shawn?" She nodded. *Good thing I didn't say Connor.* "Well what do you want to know about him?"
"Well lets start at the beginning. How'd you meet him?"
"Um.... well I was hanging out with some friends at the park and Shawn was there. Well it turns out that Shawn was one of my friends best friends and he introduced him to all of us. We hung out for a while and I guess you could say we really hit it off. We hung out for a while, and he asked me out when we went for a hike and I said yeah. That's about it."
"How long have you two been together?" She asked.
"A couple of weeks." I looked out the window and I say my dad coming for the door. "Great. Look, can we just talk about this without him?"
"Caitlin, he's your father. He has a right to know about your love life."
"I don't care! It's uncomfortable with you as it is."
"Fine. I'll tell him." She got up from the couch and went to talk to my dad. I could hear them talking in the background.
"What do you mean she doesn't want to talk to me? I'm her father!" My dad whispered.
"I told her that but she said it'll make her uncomfortable. If she gets nervous, she might lie to us. You know that. She gets that from you." My mom laughed.
"You're right. But tell me everything after. Write it down if you have to. I wanna know about this guy." The booming from his footsteps banging against the floor startled me. He came into the kitchen and stared at me.
"Hi dad." I said without looking at him.
"Humph." I rolled my eyes and scooted deeper into the chair. My mom walked into the room as if nothing had happened.
"Here we can talk out here." She said as she opened the door that led to the porch in the backyard. I followed her and sat on the railing. She sat in the chair underneath a humongous umbrella that had a horrible floral pattern on the top. I personally hated the thing. It was so annoying.
"Well what else do you want to know?" I asked nervously. She sat there for a minute trying to think of a question.
"Do I know his parents?"
"I don't know."
"What do they do?"
"Well Mitch, his dad, makes documentaries for a living and he travels the world. Shawn takes care of his siblings while his dad's away."
"He has siblings?" She raised her eyebrows in amazement.
"Yeah. There's his three sisters, Roxy, Alana, and Keira, and then one little brother. I don't know him."
"Well what about his mother?"
"I don't know if he even has one. He never talks about her. I've never even met her." I said, which is actually the truth.
"Interesting. Well I'm glad you found a responsible man."
"The best part is that now I can double date with Sam and everything."
"Sam has a boyfriend?" *SHIT!!!*
"Uh..... yeah. Shawn's best friend Connor. He's so sweet around her. They are just the cutest. I'm happy for her." I smiled as I pictured Sam and Connor together.
"I am too. It just startled me."
"Yeah. They've been going out like 2 weeks longer than Shawn and I have been."
"Really?" I nodded and laughed. "Well good for her."
"Is there anything else?"
"Why? Have a hot date?" My mom joked.
"NO! But, I told Kaya that I'd hang out with her today."
"Okay just one more question."
"What?" I whined. This was just plain torture!
"Is he a good kisser?" There was silence from me. I just stared there wide-eyed. *I bet Shawn's listening to this.* We burst out laughing.
"Why do you wanna know?" I laughed.
"Just curious, Caitlin."
"Well if you must know..... yeah he is. He's so amazing, mom."
"Well he seems like a good man."
"You have no idea." I muttered. "Well I have to go."
"Have fun hunny."
I ran up the stairs up to my room and quickly got dressed. I managed to wear my favorite pair of jeans, black denim with a beautiful black rhinestone pattern on the left leg and a black t-shirt... as you can tell, i like black.... with a 30 Seconds To Mars logo on it. I grabbed my keys off of my dresser and headed out of the door to my car. I turned the corner and headed off for Kaya's house.