To Love a Vampire...

Shopping at the Mall

I walked up the path, outlined with flowers, and rang the doorbell. The house was bigger than mine and eggshell white. Kaya's family was a little more "sophisticated", i guess you could say, than a lot of people, but Kaya, not so much. She's the complete opposite of her family. She was a rocker, just like Sam, and broke the rules, and defyed anything and everything that had to do with her family. I'm actually suprised her parents haven't kicked her out yet. The door suddenly opened and in front of my stood an average looking woman in a pink silhouette dress and pearls all over and platinum blonde hair, Kaya's mom.

"Why, hello, Caitlin. Welcome to our home." She said cheerfully as she opened the door and stepped out of the way to let me come in.

"Hi, Mrs. Madison. I'm here to pick Kaya up. She wanted to go shopping today and I agreed to go with her while Sam's out of town." I explained.

"Oh I see. Well she's up in her room." She smiled. I think she got more botox or something. Her smile got bigger.

"Thanks." God her mom was way too cheery. I walked up the stairs, down the hall to a pure white door with the words Kaya's room spray- painted on the door. I knocked and in an instant the door swung open and out popped Kaya, with her awesome Escape The Fate t-shirt and ripped jeans.

"Hey girly. Ready to go?" Kaya asked me as she shut the door.

"Hells yeah. Let's go. By the way, did your mom get more botox or something?" We burst out laughing.

We got back in my car and she popped in her newest Escape The Fate cd and we just start head banging as we headed to the mall. We were chatting away as if we hadn't spoken to each other in years. I told her about my mom ambushing me with questions after she caught Shawn and I kissing on the porch. She burst out laughing when I told her about my mom asking me if he was a good kisser.

"And what'd you say?" she hollered.

"I just said yeah and that he's amazing."

"AWWWWW!!! So cute. I'm so jealous."

"Of what?"

"Of you and Shawn. I wish I could be like that."

"Well you want my opinion?" I asked turning the stereo down.

"Sure."

"I think you like Troy, Shawn's friend." Kaya started to blush. I burst out laughing. "See!!!! I'm right."

"Well you gotta admit he's pretty hott."

"Yeah you got a point there. I'll have to admit that all of them are pretty good- looking. But I love Shawn the most."

"Well DUH!!! You're dating the hottie."

"Well why don't you go on a date with Troy? He seems to like you too."

"You think?" She asked.

"Totally! You guys would look so good together AND you two couldn't keep your eyes off of each other at the party!" I accused.

"Maybe. I don't know. Do you know if he's single? A guy that smokin's gotta have a girl."

"That's what I thought when I met Shawn. Turns out, only Roxy, Greg, Michael, and Alana are the non-single ones, well were I should say." I laughed.

"Really? Are they like all together?"

"Yup. Didn't you notice at the party that Roxy and Greg were like, fusing together at the party and Michael and Alana were tearing up the dancefloor together?"

"Oh. I didn't think anything of it. Now that I think about it, I hardly saw you, Sam, Connor, or Shawn throughout the whole party. Where were ya?"

"Um.... Sam and Connor went for a drive and Shawn and I spent some talking walking around the woods."

"Talking huh?" She raised her eyebrows at me. I pushed her and we burst out laughing again.

"Yes talking! God sometimes you're unbelievable, Kaya."

"I'm just blessed with a gift."

"Well come on, oh gifted one, we're here." I joked as we arrived at the mall.

We ran through Target and rushed over to Hot Topic, our favorite store. I got a new Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirt, a Gir hoodie, and Tasty by Gir perfume. Kaya got two Avenged Sevenfold t-shirts, Tasty by Gir perfume, a studded choker, and a Metallica hoodie. After we paid for all of our stuff, we went straight to Debs (my choice) and I bought an Angel t-shirt with a beautiful design of angel wings on the back. I saw it before but didn't have time to buy it.

So we left and went into Spencers. I looked around and I found this amazing poster of Avenged Sevenfold and it reminded me that Sam was with them. I bought it anyway. I also bought a HIM belt, a skull necklace with two guitars that cross just beneath it, a Marylin Manson t-shirt, and a pair of Captain Morgan slippers that my mom wanted. Kaya got a Lamb of God t-shirt, a My Chemical Romance belt, an Avenged Sevenfold poster, almost similar to mine, a few studded bracletts, and an Escape The Fate necklace. James, the guy who worked at Spencers, rang us up and we left the store. I laughed as Kaya was eye- goggling a huge poster of John Cena.

"Isn't he amazinglingly hunky?" She laughed.

"Hell yeah. For a like what, fourty-nine year old professional wrestler??"

We burst out laughing as we went into Journey where I got a pair of Harajuku Lovers and a pair of Airwalks. Kaya only got a couple of permantant markers and a pair of Harajuku Lovers, not the same as me though.... We love to draw on our shoes. It's like an OCD or something.

"I'm hungry. Lets go get some food." Kaya said as she pulled me to the food court.

"Okay okay."

We got food from Japoni Grill, a Japanese stand. After we were done, we took a break from shopping and just sat there in the food court and chatted some more. She started asking me about Shawn. No one was gonna let go of this.

"So how did you really meet him?" I laughed.

"I told you -"

"No! You told your mom that! I want to know the truth. Come on! I wont say anything."

"Fine. I was going for a hike in the woods by my house and I just started running when I tripped over something and I nearly collided with this guy but he turned around and caught me before I fell. We started to laugh and he set me up right. We introduced ourselves and we just started to talk and then we hung out for a few weeks. When Sam came back from Cali, I introduced her to Shawn and I invited her up to the cabin where she met Connor and then we had our first party. We hung out more and more because after the party, Sam and Connor hooked up. About a day later, Shawn gave this beautiful diamond necklace.... I think I'm wearing it now," I went into my shirt and pulled out the necklace and Kaya went crazy.

"Oh my god! That's so amazingly beautiful!!!! I'm seriously jealous now!" She screamed. I just laughed as I continued.

"Anyway, after he gave me the necklace, we kissed and he asked me out."

"I hate you so much!!!!"

"I know. Hey if you and Troy hook up, he'll probably do the same thing to you."

"True. But I dont know if I should. We hardly know each other."

"Want me to do the honors???" I winked.

"Would you really?"

"Totally."

"Well not yet but put in a good word for me. But tell me about the kiss? Was it good?"

"Hell yeah. Wow you sound like my mom."

"Well I love a juicy story like this. I want to know everything."

"You already know everything."

"Not really. I want to know more! What about Sam? Have you talked to her yet?"

"Kaya, she's probably still hanging out with Avenged. She'll call whenever she wants. Don't worry so much."

"I bet you're worse than me." Kaya laughed.

"Yeah at first. Then I realized that she'll be fine."

"Bull. You're still worried she'll do something."

"Okay maybe but it wont be too drastic." Suddenly my phone rang. "Speak of the devil."