To Love a Vampire...

Dream

After a few hours at the hospital, reminiscing about when we were younger and shit, the visiting hours were over with and Jess, Anna, and Abby went back to the house. Kaya and I stayed for a few minutes before we took off for the house. Kaya had just left the room and I was about to join her when Brett grabbed my shirt.

"Cate, remember what I said. Watch yourself."

"I'll be fine, Brett. Trust me. I'll see you around." I kissed his cheek and hugged him and then I made my way to Colin.

"Take care, Catie."

"You, too. And try not to flirt with the nurses again." I laughed and winked at him when he gave me a playful glare. "I'll see you guys."

They waved and I left the room. I met up with Kaya by the elevators and we were silent until we got back into the car.

"You better now?" She laughed as I started the car.

“Yes. Yes I am.” I winked at her and I started cranking the stereo started playing my favorite song, Somebody Save Me by Full Blown Rose. I started singing the lyrics and we took off for the house.

****************************************

I honestly didn’t think this would be the way it should have happened. I thought that I’d never have to sacrifice myself for the sanity of Shawn. I didn’t expect him to act this savagely towards Connor and myself.

He inched his way over to me, eyes as black as night. I tried to move but my legs shook and stayed in their current position. I kept my eyes on him, my heart pounding.

He spoke in some language I couldn’t understand.

“Shawn?” I whispered and he cocked his head to the side and still stared at me. I quickly glanced over at Connor, who was knocked unconscious on the side of the building, blood trailing down his neck. I looked back at Shawn and he was in an attack position. “Shawn, I know you can understand me. Don’t do this.”

He stood there for a second and I saw his eyes go from black to grey to black again. He shook his head fiercely and looked at me. He said something I couldn’t understand and slowly made his way towards me.

“Shawn please! Don’t do this!” I grabbed my necklace and showed it to him. “Remember who you are! You don’t want to hurt me!”

Tears were falling down my face as a connection was made through our eyes. I saw the flicker in his eyes again and this time, they stayed at grey.

*Maybe I’m getting through to him.* I kept thinking. He inched his way over to me still and his eyes became a little hazy, and then they became black again and he smirked and suddenly was behind me. I let out a gasp and I thought I heard him chuckle.

“Oh god, Shawn. Please.” I whimpered and he wrapped his arms around me.

“Shhhhh. It’ll all be over soon.” He whispered seductively in my ear. I held my breath as he kissed a trail down to a pounding vein in my neck. He licked the spot and I felt his fangs on my skin before….


I sat up quickly. Sweat rolling down my neck. I looked around the room and remembered I was in Jess’s guest room. I grabbed my neck and thought I felt blood but when I looked at my hand, it was nothing but sweat. I laid my head against the bed frame and I got out of the bed. I went to my bag and grabbed my cell phone out and scanned through the messages I had forgot to check out before I went to sleep. Two were from home, One from Sam, and another from Kyle. I figured I’d call Sam and Kyle back later and exited out to grab my parents number. I looked at the clock and saw it was 4:30 a.m.

*Mom should be up probably* I pressed the send button and the ringers stopped after two rings.

“Hello?” She slurred.

“Just get up, Mom?” I laughed as I made my way to the balcony to get better reception.

“A few minutes ago, yes. How are they?”

“Pretty good actually. Brett’s done with surgery and should be coming home in the next few weeks and Colin’s coming back in a few days.”

“Good. That’s very good. And how’s Shawn taking all of this?”

“I haven’t told him about Brett and Colin so he doesn’t need to freak out just yet.”

“When do you plan on telling him?”

“I don’t know if he even has to know, Mom. Can’t we just keep it hidden like we always have?”

“You know we can’t, Caitlin. I’m sure he’ll understand.”

“But I don’t have it. Dad said it won’t affect me.”

“Don’t make this complicated. Look, it’s simple. If he really loves you, he’ll understand.” *Too bad it’s not simple.*

“Okay well, I better go. I think I hear Jess walking towards here. I love you, Mom.”

“I love you, too. Be safe.” I hung up and continued to stare out the window. I heard the door open slightly and I turned my head. I saw Jess in a big T-shirt and basketball shorts and carrying two coffee mugs in her hands.

“Cappuccino? You’re favorite. I figured you’d be up. Always the early riser you were.” She sighed. I took the cup and slowly started drinking.

“Thanks.” She leaned over the balcony with me.

“I can’t believe my boys had to get into an accident.” She laughed without humor.

“I’m surprised they sustained such damage. I thought that they were quick healers like they’ve always been.”

“So did I.” She closed her eyes and shook her head. “So did I.”

“At least they’re okay. That’s all that matters, Jess.” I put an arm around her and she returned the gesture.

“Thanks hunny. So, on a lighter matter, how’s this new boy of yours?”

“How did you- Mom called you huh?”

“No. Kaya told me actually. I really like her. She’s a sweet girl. But that’s not the point. I want to know about this boy.” She laughed.

“Okay.” I sighed. “His name’s Shawn. I met him a few months ago. He’s such an amazing guy, Jess. But, he’s … different than the rest of the guys I’ve dated.”

“Different, how?” I stared out into the night and started to wonder if I should tell her the truth. “Come on. You can tell your Aunt Jess.”

“I don’t know how to explain it. That’s pretty much the problem. Like just everything about him is different. The way he acts, the way… he does everything.” I turned to peer into my room and she nudged me.

“At least you found a good man. I thought I had it good but, look at me now. I’m a single mother raising four kids.”

“Hey! You made your choice and you know it!” I laughed and nudged her back. I looked at the clock and sighed. “Well I think I’m going to take a little walk.”

“Where are you going?”

“Maybe up the old trail we used to walk around when I came here to visit.” I saluted her and I went to my bags and grabbed a hoodie, a Twilight shirt, and a pair of jeans. I got changed and grabbed my iPod out of my bag and headed out the door. I passed the room that Kaya was sleeping in and laughed, knowing I would be back before she even woke up.

I went to check up on Anna before I took off. I swear, I’m pretty much one of Jess’s kids because I’m so close to everyone in the family. I opened the door and walked into a dark purple room with a bunch of stuffed animals and toys. I looked at the dotted comforter and saw Anna sound asleep.

I walked over to the bed and stroked her hair. It felt like yesterday that I was that age. She flinched a bit but that was totally normal for her. She always flinched while she slept.

She flinched again when I pulled away and she started grunting. She was mumbling something and I leaned down to try to comprehend it. I focused on her voice and was surprised at the response.

“They’re coming.” Was being repeated in terror.

“Anna? Hunny, can you hear me?” I went to nudge her when she screamed and sat up. I saw tears running down her face and I immediately went on reaction and grabbed her and cradled her. “Anna, it’s okay. Shhhhh it’s okay.”

“They’re all dead!” Anna cried out. “Brett, ‘Olin, Abby, Mommy, they’re all dead!”
♠ ♠ ♠
okayy i have this whole story figured out and i want to hear if i should continue this or not.

i would really appreciate it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

XOXO Caitlin