To Love a Vampire...

Explanation

“What are you talking about, Shawn?” I laughed without any humor.

“Your cousin saw rouge vampires killing your family. These specific rouges are deadly though.”

“You’ve fought them?”

“They’re the ones that gave me my scar, yes. Caitlin,” He grabbed my hands again and I looked directly into his eyes. “I barely survived that night.”

“But you should know how to protect them, right? I need to protect my family.”

“I can only fight them. Killing them is quite difficult. You have to be precise.” He cupped my face in his hands. “I can’t allow you to be near them.”

“But I’m going to protect my family, Shawn. I’m not going to let them die.”

“They’re only using them to get to me. That’s the only reasonable explanation for it. They may be killing spree fanatics but they think about who to kill.”

“Then we need to warn them.” I stood up and started walking towards the door but Shawn grabbed my arms and pulled me back to him.

“What are you going to tell them? That Anna saw a couple of rouge vampires that your boyfriend has fought with before and that there’s little chance of your survival cause they’re coming after you?” I looked away and he let me go. “I’m sorry, love. But I can’t risk it. It’s my fight and I want you away from it. Far away from it.”

“It’s a little too late for that, don’t you think?” He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

“Probably. But I can’t risk losing you.” I looked at him and immediately kissed him. He pulled me closer and I grabbed his face. I pulled away and got him to let me go. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” He sent me an annoyed look.

“Liar.”

“Shut up, Shawn. Now’s not the time.” I walked out and went to check on Anna again. I heard Kaya snoring away in her bed and Abby was out of her room. Probably went for a run again. I felt someone behind and following me. “Shawn, don’t.”

I didn’t get a reply but, I got a tug on the shoulder. I turned to face Shawn but there was nothing there in front of me. I shook it off and kept walking to Anna’s room. I turned the doorknob and I hear a rustling sound. I quickly opened the door and there was a figure started close to the bed.

“Hey!” I said and started walking towards the bed. The figure looked up right at me and I stopped. He had blood red eyes. He looked down at my hand it looked like and started walking towards me. I started backing up slowly but I tripped over my feet and fell to the ground.

I hit my back on the wall and started to climb back up, seeing as how I was close to the door. I went to run but the creature ran at me with such speed and grabbed my neck. He said something I couldn’t comprehend and tilted my head to the side. He got closer to my neck but I saw something collide with him and knock him to the floor.

I looked at the creature then at what hit him. It was a giant creature with more hair than a man should. Yet, it held the stance of a man. It looked at me and I recognized the eyes. They belonged to Brett. My eyes widened as another one came into the room. It made its way near me with a limp on its left leg. Then, right before my eyes, it started to shift. It took more of a man-shape each passing second. The face started to look like Colin.

“You okay?” He asked. I blinked a couple of times and we walked right up to me and wrapped his arms around me.

“Get the fuck away from her!” I heard Shawn’s voice yell and suddenly Shawn tackled Colin and they hit the floor.

That caught the creature’s attention and it looked at me, smiled, and jumped out the window. I didn’t think about it before but I ran to Anna’s bed to see if she was okay. I checked her neck, careful not to wake her. After I checked her out, I looked at Colin and Shawn. Shawn was on top of Colin about to throw a punch when Brett grabbed his fist and punched him.

“Guys!” I rolled my eyes and walked over to them. I grabbed Brett’s ear and pulled to get him off of Shawn and Colin was still on the floor.

“What the fuck, Cate?” Brett whined as I pulled even harder on his ear. Shawn stood up and looked at me.

“Really, how do you know these…. Dogs? “He yelled.

“Fuck you, bloodsucker!” Colin yelled back. I smacked Colin and didn’t let go of Brett.

“You two are supposed to be at the hospital.” I said, ignoring Shawn’s growls.

“What! You mean to tell me that these two are the ones you came all the way out here for.”

“We’re family, Shawn!” I looked at him and he backed up. “I didn’t know how to tell you. But I was going to.”

“Then why didn’t you!”

“Because I was afraid!” I felt tears trickled own my face and he looked at me with hurt eyes.

“Afraid of what?”

“Of losing you!” I cried and walked up to him, releasing Brett’s ear. I put my hand on his chest and he flinched back.

“You’re one of them. Wolves. I can’t believe this.” He raked his hands through his hair and started to walk off.

“Shawn!” I pleaded and he looked back at me. “Please. Just listen.”

He looked at me and then at Brett and Colin. I turned around to face them and they put their hands in defense.

“We’re gone.” Brett said and Colin put his hands in his pockets and they both left the room. But, not before ramming into Shawn. Shawn didn’t do anything but look at them then back at me.

“I’m listening. You’ve got five minutes.”

“Fine. Brett and Colin inherited a lycanthropy trait, yeah. And ya, it runs through my blood, but it’s dormant. My parents made sure of that. I don’t know how so don’t ask. But, I’m not a werewolf, Shawn. I’m just related to them. They got into some kind of accident last week and since I’m so close to them, it hurt me so I had to come see them. To make sure they were okay. As you can see, they’re fine. But if you wanted to hear me say that I’m a werewolf and what we have is unnatural, then deal. Because I’m not, and what we have is completely normal.” I grabbed his hand and this time he didn’t flinch away. “Two people who love each other so much and never want to lose each other. One just so happens to be a vampire, and the other with a dormant werewolf trait.”

He didn’t say anything for a moment and I decided it was no use and started to walk away.

“I never would have thought this could possibly happen.” He mumbled and I stopped walking.

“What?” I asked without looking at him.

“Falling in love after three hundred years.” He walked up to me. “Even before I was damned, I never truly loved someone like I have you. Ever. But, this, finding this thing out, it makes things so much more complicated.”

I felt tears prickling my eyes again. He put his hand on my shoulder and I turned to face him.

“Then don’t make it complicated.”

“Easier said then done.”

“Then maybe you should leave.” I stated and tried to move out of his shoulders. He just stood there and I walked back into my room.

I laid in my bed again and tried to calm myself. I didn’t want to cry over this. I heard someone walking towards me. I didn’t want to talk to anyone so I just turned and pretended to sleep. I felt someone sit down on the bed. I felt a hand wrap around me and as soon as I was about to say something, someone grabbed my mouth and I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
okayy so i know people don't really like this story too much but idc
i have the idea on how to finish this and dammit i'm going to.

comments would be cool;; though i know prolly noone will.