To Love a Vampire...

No Goodbye?

***Shawn***

Caitlin was laying on my bed in the cabin, sleeping. As I watched her, I tried to remember all of what I had done. I felt terrible for what had happened to her. Stuck with David for two weeks.

If we hadn’t of gotten into the stupid fight… If I wouldn’t have left… If I wasn’t a vampire.

“Shawn.” I heard Sam calling, pulling me away from my misery.

She had arrived while Caitlin, Conner, and I were taken captive. She told us she was worried when she couldn’t reach any of us for days. Sam had already attempted to beat my ass maybe three times in the past two days - without much effect. Now, she’s spending all her time either watching Caitlin or helping Conner heal.

“Yes?” I called back, as I shut the door.

“ I just got back from Caitlin’s place. I told her parents she was sleeping here after the carried home and coming back to my apartment for a little bit.”

“Thank you, Sam. Really.” I had to smile, Sam returned it.

“How exactly are we going to explain this to Kaya?” Conner asked as he limped his way out of his room.

Sam hugged and kissed him when he got over to us.

“Troy was supposed to come up with something as to why she had to leave early without Caitlin. Haven’t heard from him though.” I replied.

“I’ve talked to him. He told her she was in Ohio looking at apartments.”

“Why would she go to Ohio?” Conner asked.

“Why would she be looking at apartments?” I looked at her confused.

“Not the point. The point is that Caitlin has an alibi for the last two weeks.

“Are you going to like.. Erase her memory or something like in the movies?” Sam joked as she sat on the couch in the living room.

“Unless Shawn has that kind of power I’ve never seen, I doubt it.” Conner smiled.

“I’m sure Kaya can keep a secret, like Cate and I have, guys.”

“I hope so. ‘Cause if this gets out, we’re all going to have to leave.” I confessed.

Wouldn’t be the first time.

“Shawn,” I looked up at Conner. “What ever happened to that chick?”

I tried to remember what happened to Linda. But there was nothing. Maybe Caitlin would know. I closed my eyes and looked into Caitlin’s mind.

I saw myself. Myself and David. Limbs ripping off his body, blood coming from all different directions. My god, I can’t believe she saw all that.

“Shawn?” I looked up at Sam. “You okay?”

“She never should have gotten hurt.” I sighed as I continued searching Caitlin’s mind.

I tried to see all that she went through because of me. I saw David beating her, pushing her to her limits of consciousness. I saw her trying to escape from her chambers hundreds of failing times. I felt how it hurt her to see me suffering every time we were allowed together. The look in my face when I tried to kill her.

“You couldn’t have known, Shawn.” Conner said, patting my back.

“It was my fault. If she’d have never met me…” That was it. That’s what I had to do. “I have to leave her.”

“Shawn, you’re being stupid. Caitlin loves you. You can’t just leave!” Sam whispered to me, probably trying not to yell.

“I can’t see her get hurt again because of me. I looked into my hands. “Id never forgive myself if I hurt her again.”

“Listen to me. That guy hurt her, not you.”

“I tried to kill her, Sam!” I stood on my feet and stared at her.

Her eyes had widened at my outburst. She looked over at Conner and he shrugged.

“Don’t look at me. I can’t remember what happened after I was thrown at the wall.”

“I can’t put her in danger anymore.” I got up and went back into the bedroom.

Caitlin had turned onto her side, showing bruises she had on her shoulder blade… completely covered in black & blue. I sat on the edge of the bed and ran my fingers over the area, practically feeling the blood flow under her skin.

“It’s all my fault.” I whispered. “I’m so sorry.”

I kissed her forehead and waited a few minutes before I walked out of my loves life.

*** Caitlin***

Visions of David and Shawn fighting in the chamber. I couldn’t look away. David had looked at me again, and started laughing.

I heard growling coming from behind me. I pivoted and was caught by the throat. I gripped my attackers arms and tried to focus sight. Before everything went fuzzy, I heard Shawn whisper in my ear, “I’m so sorry.”


I woke up screaming, trying to grab my attacker. There was shouting all around as I flailed around. Sam’s voice… and hand… hit me just then.

“Caitlin, you’re fine! It’s okay.”

“Sam?” I looked at her. It was like seeing a ghost.

“Yes, it’s me! You almost gave me a sucker punch!” She smiled.

“What… you still have… What happened to California?”

“Troy called me. Okay, I called him because I couldn’t get a hold of you, Conner or Shawn.”

“Conner? Is Conner okay? Where’s Shawn?”

“I’m fine, Cate. Nothing a little blood can’t fix.” He smiled as he walked in and wrapped his arms around Sam.

“And Shawn?”

Sam and Conner looked at me, looked at each other, and to the floor. My heart started pounding. Why wouldn’t they look at me?

“What?” I practically yelled. Conner gulped and I noticed Sam holding him tighter.

“He’s gone, Caitlin.” Conner mumbled.

Silence. My bottom lip started quivering.

“What do you mean he’s gone?”

“He didn’t want to hurt you anymore. He said goodbye while you were asleep.”

“I tried to stop him, Caitlin. I really did.” Sam added, seeing the tears collecting in my eyes.

“This is a sick joke!” I choked out. But Conner and Sam did nothing but shake their heads, with that look of sympathy. This was no joke. “Where is he going?” I whispered, trying to even my voice.

“We don’t know.” Conner sat on the edge of the bed.

“So that’s it? He just left like that?” Conner nodded and I couldn’t hold it in anymore.

Tears came down like a waterfall. He was really gone. I’ll never see him again. No goodbye? Nothing. Why?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I know it sounds a little Twilightish.. sue me. It's all I got. I wanted to get this out before I went apeshit on scholarship essays and what not.

Comments?