To Love a Vampire...

Untitled

About ten minutes later, we arrived at the trail. There was this huge line of cars outside. We could only recognize like three cars, Kat's, Connor's and Shawn's. Suddenly out of the blue, Shawn walks up behind us and scares the crap out of us.

"Just for the record, I was against this." He laughed.

"Who cares? This is going to be great," Sam replied as she was scanning the crowd. "Where's Connor?"

He just stands there and points to the DJ's equipment. There was Connor, trying out new sounds for the party. Sam went running up there and almost fell over a cord. Luckily, Connor caught her and started to laugh as Sam turned rose red from embarrassment.

"You okay? You fall alot don't you?" He asked.

"No..." She said sarcastically. "So what are you doing up here?"

"Trying to think of songs for this party."

"Try Avenged Sevenfold. They rock! I would know, I hung out with them in Cali."

"So I've been told."

"What? By who?"

"My sources."

"Psh...That really helps me. You're really mean to me...oohh did you ever realize how blue your eyes are?"

"You get distracted very easily don't you?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes...yes I do. Well see ya later gator!" She said before walking away. He looked dumbfounded for a second before a smile spread crossed his face.

I just walked off with Shawn and we like just completely left the party. We actually were just hanging out on the rock I saw him on when I learned his secret.

"How did you find this place anyway?" I asked him.

"I was actually looking for something to hunt with Connor and Rich and well I kind of got a little lost. Well I was running and I just saw this big opening and I just thought this place was just so amazing." He explained.

"Wow. That's so funny that you actually got lost." I laughed.

"Question."

"Yeah?" I said turning to face him a little more.

"You didnt tell Sam yet have you?"

"No."

"Good." He nodded "Connor should tell her."

"I agree." I sighed "I love the stars. They're so peaceful."

"I know." He said looking up. Which it made me too... Isn't weird how that happens all of the time. We sat there in silence just enjoying each others company. "Well we should head back before Sam and Connor come and look for us."

"Yea you're probably right." I said. He hopped off of the rock and held his hand out for me to take. Which actually surprised me but I took it great fully. It was icy compared to mine but I liked the feeling. When we got back I looked for Sam and Connor in the direction of the DJ booth but they weren't there. I leaned closer to Shawn...

"Hey you have the vampire eyes, where are they?"

"Over there in the corner." He smirked as he pointed over to the far, far corner. I stepped onto my tippy toes and seen Sam and Connor sitting there at a little booth leaning really close together. It looked like Connor was saying something and then Sam leaned away laughing. I smiled as Connor took Sam's hand it looked like she fought the urge to pull back and I knew why. He made her stand and pulled her around to his side of the booth.

"Do you think we should go and say Hi before things get too carried away over there? I'm a little worried."

"Sam has to be careful." Shawn called.

"Why?"

"Because she doesn’t know and Connor does get carried away sometimes and now isn’t the best because he hasn’t fed in awhile." Shawn screamed over the music.

"Definitely then." I said as I pulled him through the crowd. We got over there and Sam looked surprised she scooted away from Connor her cheeks burning. Connor gave Shawn the teeniest glare but I caught it.

"Hey Sam."

"Hey Cate what's up?"

"Nothing much...so are we still up for the bet?"

"Yeah!"

Shawn cut in.... "Sorry girls that’s going to have to wait. I need to talk to Connor first." He looked at Connor "Outside Please."

"Whatever," Was all Connor said before standing. Sam pouted; Connor gave her a little smirk "I'm sure you can survive five minutes without me. I know it's hard but you have to try." Sam smiled and I couldnt help but smile too. Shawn gave my hand a little squeeze before letting go and turning his back to us and walking towards the door. Connor tugged a piece of Sam's hair and then followed Shawn.

"So are you and Shawn dating?" Sam asked plopping down in the booth her and Connor where just sitting at.

"No...Not yet. What about you and Connor?"

"Caitlin we just met like half an hour ago! No we aren't."

"Hey you never know. And it was like three hours thank you very much." I shrugged and sat across from her.

"Is Shawn upset with Connor? He didnt look to happy when he walked up here."

"Umm I don't really know." I lied I knew exactly what Shawn was talking to Connor about. But she still didnt know so I wasnt going to say anything. I do know one thing; if Connor doesn’t tell her soon, I will.

"Oh. This is all so much fun. I love it here, I'm glad you met Shawn. Because I now know Connor."

"Yeah he's a good guy." I said.

"You like Shawn alot don't you?"

I blushed I knew he could hear every word. Connor could too.

"Yeah, Yeah I do."

"I knew it!" She cried. "That's ok I never believed in love at first sight...well besides Zacky. But when I seen Connor I swear my heart stopped." She said looking down at the table and tracing little designs into it.

"Awww." was all I could manage at the moment because I knew Sam. The fact that Connor was a vampire wouldn't change her feelings. She's like me; when she falls in love she falls hard. We both looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"I can't believe that I just said something that corny!" she said between laughter.

"I know!!!" i said. Sam suddenly stopped laughing,

"Uh Oh." She said.

**********Shawn's POV***********

When I saw the look in Connor's eyes, I had to pull him away from her. When Caitlin and I showed up at the booth, Connor was really pissed.

"Hey Sam."

"Hey Cate what's up?"

"Nothing much...so are we still up for the bet?"

"Yeah!"

I had to cut in.... "Sorry girls that’s going to have to wait. I need to talk to Connor first." I glared at Connor "Outside Please."

"Whatever," Was all Connor said before standing. Sam pouted; Connor gave her a little smirk "I'm sure you can survive five minutes without me. I know it's hard but you have to try." Sam smiled and Caitlin couldnt help but smile too. I gave Caitlin's hand a little squeeze before letting go and started walking towards the door. Connor tugged a piece of Sam's hair and then followed.

When we got outside, I clentched my jaw and looked at Connor.

"Okay. What do you want?" Connor asked as he glared at me with a haze in his eyes.

"Don't get pissed because I pulled you away from her. She's not a random girl you can feed on."

"Dude! I wasn't going to bite her." I put up a hand to shut him up.

"I'm just saying. She's an off limits human. Caitlin, too."

"Please you're prabably just saving Caitlin for yourself. I've seen the way you look at her. Don't deny it, dude. You know it's true. You're always holding yourself back when she's around. You don't even realize it. You're just too distracted." Connor smirked as he walked closer to me. I shook my head and chuckled as I looked down.

"You see. You're delusional from loss of blood."

"Fuck you, Shawn. If you haven't noticed, I actually like Sam. Just like you like Caitlin." We glared at each other for a while.

"Well then you should tell her don't cha think?" I smirked and raised and eyebrow. They stood there again just starring at each other. Connor said and walked away and back into the house.

I stood outside for a while as I collected my thoughts. *Well he does have a point. But I'm not going to damn her to eternity. I'll keep my fellings a secret for just a while longer. Hey, maybe she likes me too.* I chuckled at the thought as I stared up at the stars and thought about her. Then I remembered that she right inside. I smacked my forehead and turned around and headed inside to find Caitlin.