Mr And Mrs Stamkos

Christmas Time Already

It was already Christmas time. My parents, Steven and I were heading up to Markham for Christmas this year. Steven and I actually ended up going around LA and different states for our honeymoon - he surprised me.

"You excited babe?" Steven asked

"So excited" I answered kissing him. We were about to land soon and I was VERY excited to see everyone once again.

***
I grabbed my bags out of the car and Steven grabbed his. I ran towards Stevens parents door and rang the doorbell.

"Oh my goodness! Hi! I've missed you both lots!" My mother-in-law screamed as she hugged us both. My parents came 2 days ago so they picked us up at the airport.

"Well c'mon in guys!" My father-in-law said as I hugged him. Steven and I walked in and got settled.

"What room are we going to be staying in?" I asked.

"I'm not sure ... I know your parents have the guest room, so maybe take Stevens room or something" my mother-in-law replied.

"Let's just sleep in my bed babe" Steven said

"No problem with that" I winked. We carried our bags up into Stevens room.

"Been a while since I have been here eh?" I smiled as I placed our bags down and looked throughout the room.

"Yeah" he replied.
Ding dong...My parents are here.

"Ooo c'mon babe!" I said excitingly as I ran downstairs dragging Steven with me.

"Ahh oh my god mom!" I yelled as I embraced my mom with a hug.

"Hi sweaty. Hi Steven" my mother said as she went and hugged Steven.

"Hi dadddd!" I yelled as I ran outside and hugged my dad.

"Hello" he replied laughing a bit. I grabbed the bags and brought them inside and set them up into the room where my parents were staying. Everyone was already sitting at the table since dinner was almost ready.

"So Steven ... You have a lovely wife....Thinking about any kids yet?" Stevens mom asked. I know she loves kids and wants grandchildren. I never really thought of it, but I have always wanted kids. I walked down the stairs and joined everyone at the table.

"I don't know ma, I love kids but we haven't really talked about it" Steven said.

"Well I wouldn't mind some babies crawling around the house Either" my mom and dad said at the same time.

"I mean c'mon with Emily's looks and Stevens talent...you two are bound to have amazing children" my Father-in-law spoke. I mean he did have a point no.

"Can't disagree with that one there dad" Steven laughed.

The oven rung and Stevens mom went and got the chicken (or whatever we were having). She placed the meals and drinks on the table and we dug in.

"Enjoy!" She laughed.

"Thanks ma" Steven smiled
"Thank you Mrs.Stamkos" I smiled with my mouth full of food. Everyone thanked Mrs.Stamkos and dug in.

"I still can't believe it has been since the wedding" I said. Wow that long ago.

"Yeah. What a amazing wedding" my mom smiled.

"I married the love of my life and I couldn't be happier" Steven said as he turned to me and kissed me.

"Same here my love" I spoke as I kissed him once more.

"I remember ... I tapped the whole thing-so you can show your grandchildren" my dad winked.

"Well first you two got get working on the children first eh?" Steven dad added.

"One day" Stevens smiled as he cut him self a piece of his meat.

"Trust me you guys would be the first to know" I laughed.
We finished our dinner and cleaned up. It was actually getting pretty late so Steven and I were heading up.

"
"Thanks again guys...so you tomorrow" Steven said as he picked me up and carried me bridal style to our room.

"I love when you do this" I said

"Me too. Reminds me of the best day of my life" he said looking down at me.

"Oh yea...when was that?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Marrying you" he smiled.
"Although getting drafted and meeting you for the first time ... Were all pretty great too" he laughed.

"I love you so much babe" I said as he kissed me.

"Me too babe...forever and always" he said. Steven finally put me down too his bed. We got changed and laid in bed looking up at the ceiling.

"Steven..do you ever want kids?" I asked

"Yeah I honestly love the thought of having kids with you" he said as he turned to me.

"Me too." I added

"But right now we still got the dog to worry about" he joked.

"OMG Steven!" I said as I placed a hand over my mouth.

"What babe! Babe your scaring me what's wrong!" He said concerned.

"I forgot your ketchup chips at home" I said.

"How could you?! You know what it's over I ... I can't be with you anymore ... Hand me the divorce papers" he joked.

"Fine" I said as I pretended to wipe away a tear.

"Oh c'mere you know I love you" he said as he brought me into a hug. I laid my head onto his chest and heard his beating heart.

"Plus my parents have tons here" he whispered and I laughed.

"Goodnight Steven ... My love" I said as I kissed him, closed the lights and got under the covers with him.

"Night beautiful" he yawned. He brought me into his arms and we slowly fell asleep that way.