Status: ew

I'll Never Be What You Want.

chapter 4 m8

Brooke was even luckier than I had thought, she seemed well off.
Why? She lives in a mansion, no, bigger than a mansion.
It turns out her father owns the coffee place I work at, which pays surprisingly well.

When I rang the doorbell, I was greeted by a young woman in a uniform.
"Who are you here for, miss?" She asked. I took a wild guess that she was a maid.
"I'm here for Brooke. I'm Tay." I answered back.
"The name's Anna," She smiled. "Follow me this way."
I entered the 'house', amazed. It was huge. Anna led me up the stairs and through a big hallway until we stopped at what I assumed was Brooke's room.
"If you need anything, just shout." Anna said to me and walked off. I knocked on Brooke's door.
"Ugh, Anna, just leave me alone-"
"It's Tay." I cut Brooke off.
"Who?" She opened the door and looked at me with a confused expression.
"Uh, Jordan introduced us to each other last week. I'm sorry I ruined your, um, ..date." I told her.
"What? And you better be-"
"Brooke, where's my flat iron?" Brooke was interrupted by some girl who looked exactly like her, but with a nose ring and didn't wear too much makeup and a spray tan. She was just the complete opposite of Brooke.
"Who's this?" The girl gestured towards me.
"Some lame stalker that found our address and decided to harass me. Get her out of here." Brooke said and went back to her room.
"So you're Tay?" The girl asked, smiling.
"How do you know my name?"
I asked, confused.
"I'm Amber," She held out her hand for me to shake, and I shook it.
"I met Jordan in California, and he always talked about you. I thought he was like in love with you or something- Anyways, he talked about you a lot."
She continued to say, she seemed much nicer than Brooke.
"Well, we were just best friends. I can promise you he was never in love with me. And he has what I'm guessing is your sister." I said to the floor.
"Come with me." Amber said, I followed her to the end of the hallway and into her room. I didn't even need to assume things anymore.
She gestured me to sit down, so I did.
"You love him, don't you?" She said to me suddenly.
"W-what? No! We're jus-"
"You are more than 'just friends', mate. It's so obvious that there's feelings between the two of you, and I don't even know you. He may be dating my sister, but not for long. She cheats, she's a player. By the way he talks about you, he obviously has feelings for you." Geez, I was getting cut off a lot recently.
"But Brooke is so...perfect. And I'm so..me. And I'm nothing special." I looked at the floor again.
"If you consider plastic surgery and fake tans perfect, then yes. But don't be so hard on yourself, I'm pretty sure any guy would be lucky to have you!" Amber replied.
"Do you write? It helps." She asked.
"I've never really told anyone this, but I wrote a song while Jordan was gone. It's really bad though." I told her.
"Can I hear it?" Amber had an excited look in her eyes.
"N-no. Not yet, at least." I responded, the excitement in her eyes quickly turning into disappointment.
"Anyways, I've gotta go. It was nice meeting you." I started to get up and leave.
"Wait!" Amber stopped me. "Can I ask how you even found our house, if that's okay? I mean, we just moved here, because 'dad just randomly decided to move back to the coffee shop.' Bullshit, Brooke just wanted to move here for- Um, yeah, how'd you get our address? " She asked, which was a bit random. I take it she isn't on great terms with Brooke, from that little rant she had.
"Jordan gave it to me." I replied and left with just that.
♠ ♠ ♠
just kill me now