Status: New Story - Based on The Maine's 'Love and Drugs'

Flames in Our Veins

We've Got Flames In Our Veins

"John?" Her voice was filled with concern and worry as she repeated his name over and over again. All he did was stare at the house in front of him and his friends. They had just placed the bikes down on the ground and brushed off the dirt that had collected on their jeans considering they had rode straight through a thin layer of sand that had formed into a neat little sandstorm, which they found amusing. How they even decided on riding their bikes all the way to this house was all so confusing for John. After all these years, they still remembered. How could they still remember?

He felt her hand lightly grab his elbow, and thus bringing him back into reality, away from his deep thoughts. The tall man blinked his eyes several times until he found himself gazing down at the petite brunette standing by his side.

"Are you alright?" She asked him, her eyes almost doe-like and John nodded, his lips twitching slightly as he looked back at the house. For the first time in five years, John was nervous, anxious, worried, and second-guessing everything. Was he truly alright? Was he okay? No.

But she had no idea.

"Hey John, you sure you want to do this?" O'Callaghan heard the faint voice just behind his shoulder as he watched the brunette, Ashley, walk towards her other female friend. John ran his tongue along his bottom lip and turned his head to look over at Kennedy, who had his arms crossed against his chest while his eyes scanned the area.

He wasn't so sure anymore, but he couldn't back down now. Here he was, and there was the house that started it all. For the past five years, he wondered about her. He wondered what she was doing, what she looked like, but most importantly, how she felt about him.

In a perfect world, she still cared for him, just like he still cared for her. But this wasn't a perfect world; this world was far from being the utopia he often dreamt about. There was nothing but bad shit in the world, but he needed to know.

The rumors he had heard from people who knew them well filled his mind twenty-four seven. So as he stood in front of the large and lavish house that he once considered his getaway five years ago, his thoughts changed instantly.

Swallowing the lump that had formed in the back of his throat, he exhaled shortly and watched the rest of his band mates approach the gate, followed by Ashley and Sam and their hushed voices. Kennedy walked around John and gave him a thumbs up before joining the others at the front gate.

There was no turning back now.

"Hey guys, hold on," John spoke up once he noticed the guys struggling to get through; there was a code needed in order to get passed the gate. Of course, he thought. She was always careful. As the tall man approached the group, he extended his hands out towards the keypad and grinned. "I think I got it..."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is based off the song and music video. If you have gone through the comments on the music video, you may have read some theories on what the music video means. Now you can have your opinions on whether or not those theories are true or not, but after reading and watching the video multiple times, I believe they could be right about the whole thing. So, I have decided to start a story based on those theories. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.