Status: Active -- Writing in Progress

Guitar Notes Tug Heart Strings

Two.

“I hate when you drag me out these shitty concerts,” Juliet complained as Cecelia handed her a beer.

“No, correction you love them.”

Juliet rolled her eyes and smiled. “Only a tiny bit,” she took a swig of her beer and looked around.

“Why are there little teenagers everywhere?”

“This is the newest sensation,” Cecelia said shrugging. “That’s according to Jess anyway.”

Juliet laughed and shook her head. Her long red hair fell to her back, was curly today, long spiral ringlets. She had on her tight black jeans, a long V-neck gray tee shirt and her black leather jacket. Her bright green eyes crinkled at the corners, smiling at her friend.

“I love that you’re sister knows more about music than you do. And what the hell are we doing here anyway? You don’t ever cover bands at this place,” Juliet raised a perfect eyebrow and put a hand on her waist.

“I’m trying to prove Josh wrong, I’m so sick of covering the same shitty band. They’re all the same.” Cecelia said before taking a sip out of her dark brown bottle. “This band is really hot right now, if I get a story with them and get the guys’ picture on the cover Josh will have to promote me.”

“I like that you make it sound so easy.”

“Oh, it’s not going to be. But I don’t give up.” Cecelia said finishing off her beer. “That’s it for me, I have a tab open though, just don’t go crazy.” Cecelia warned before pushing off the stool.

Sliding her press pass out of her bag, she slipped it around her neck and headed for the crowd. There were easily 200 girls waiting in front of the stage, there were a few guys lingering in the back, and that’s usually where Cecelia started.

“Hey, so how’s the band?” She asked as she slid out a notebook.

The tall guy in front of turned his head to take her in. He smiled and held out his hand.

“I’m Braden Hoggs, and you are?”

“I’m a reporter, so like I said how’s the band?”

“As their manager I think I’ll give you a biased opinion.” He said with an easy smile. His broad figure did stand out from the crowd, and he was better dressed than most there.

Cecelia smiled and placed her hand in his, giving him a firm handshake.

“I’m Cecelia Hearning, I work for,”

“I know who you work for. I’ve read your stuff.” Braden interrupted. He put his hand on the small of her back and led her to the security guards.

He head nodded at them and they moved to allow them through the backstage door.

“Look, I don’t know what story you’re working on, but if you haven’t noticed the guys don’t do many interviews.”

“Oh, I’ve noticed. And I want to meet them first. I’m not asking for a story at the moment. Just a chance for them to get to know me, and vice versa.” Cecelia said as she slid her notebook bag into her bag. Grabbing a business card she stuck it out for Braden.

“I’ll see what I can do, you wait here.” He said as he pushed open the door and headed into a room. She could hear cheers as he entered and slightly smiled.

She leaned against the cool wall and waited.

Finally the door opened in front of her, and Braden stuck his head out. ”Come on in.”

Cecelia pushed off the wall with her tall black boots and walked toward the door. She slid past Braden and saw five men drinking, eating and talking.

“Guys, this is Cecelia,” Braden said as he closed the door. “Be nice.”

One tall and lanky member walked towards her. He had on a plain black tee shirt, super tight skinny jeans, converse and colorful belt holding up his pants.

“I’m Steven,” he said as he held out his hand. “I’m one of the guitar players, and that over there is Nick the bassist, Mark our drummer, Jake our other guitarist and Ren our singer.”

“It’s nice to meet you, like Braden said I’m Cecelia Hearning, I’m a reporter. But I’m sure he already said that,” she said pulling out a business card for Steven.

He scanned it over and smiled. “So you work for Music Unlimited huh? You must be a good reporter to work there.”

She smiled and shrugged. “Guess you’ll find out.”

He grinned and nodded. Ren stood up and walked their way. He moved about as if he had the world’s largest ego.

His charcoal skinny jeans weren’t as tight as Steven’s, but they were pretty close. He had on a white V-neck short sleeve with a leather jacket on overtop. He shoved his hands in his pockets when he reached them.

“So Cecelia,” he said as he pronounced every letter in her name. “What brings you to see us? We don’t let reporters usually back here. And we haven’t done in an interview in.”

“Six months, I know. I do my research before I set out. And I’m an excellent reporter so that’s why I’m here,” she said crossing her arms over her chest.

Ren smirked and ran his eyes down her body. “I’m sure you are, but if you don’t have a story you’re going to have to go. We’re due on stage in five minutes and you’re in the middle of our process.”

She smiled and nodded. “I understand, just wanted to give you guys my card and I look forward to seeing the show.” She turned and started towards the door. “It was nice to meet you all.”

“Dude, you’re such a dick,” she heard behind her as she closed the door.

Rolling her eyes, she headed back to the crowd to get some opinions.

“They’re like, so amazing.” Gushed a fifteen-year-old. Inside, Cecelia rolled her eyes, outside she smiled and nodded.

“Well, what do you like the most?” She asked as she held her phone closer to the two girls.

“Well, I know when I was first getting into their music, they helped me through a lot,” the one identified as Sally said. She twirled a lock of her blonde hair around her finger as she chewed gun. “Some of their songs are really deep.”

“Yeah, like I’m pretty sure the one is about Ren’s brother being really sick. But I’m not sure.”

Cecelia nodded and thanked the girls before moving onto a cluster of boys in the back of the crowd.

“Having fun?” Juliet joked when Cecelia joined her.

“Dear God, I don’t know what those kids learn in school, but it’s definitely not how to form a complete sentence.” She said stealing her friend’s beer.

The lights overhead dimmed, the stereo music stopped, and the crowd began to scream. Juliet pulled out her earplugs and shoved them into her ears.

Cecelia had been covering enough shows to be used to the deafening screams by now. She moved closer to the crowd as she saw people set up instruments on the wooden stage.

“What’s up guys?” Ren asked the crowd. They still couldn’t see him but the girls roared back.

“You ready for some kick-ass music?” He asked as the guitars began and the lights finally showed what the crowd was waiting for.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd really appreciate any type of feedback. I swear, I love criticism when it comes to my writing, so I'll take it!