Status: Active -- Writing in Progress

Guitar Notes Tug Heart Strings

Four.

“You’re such a lucky bitch,” Jess said to her sister as she coasted down the highway. Cecelia smiled at the phone.

“If they come back, I haven’t check far enough into the schedule, I’ll bring you. I promise.”

“Well you better since I gave you the scoop.” Jess said twirling her pen. She tapped the pen against her notebook and sighed.

“Listen, I need to talk to you before I tell mom and dad. I need you on my side.”

“What Jess? You better not be pregnant.”

“God no!” she yelled. Rolling her eyes at her dramatic older sister she sighed. “I just hate college. It’s not for me. I loved high school, but I want to take a year off.” She said sighing. “All my friends went away for the summer to exciting countries, and I was home working my ass off.”

“I know Jess, but come on.” Cecelia said. “I know college sucks your first year. Classes are god awfully boring, but once you start meeting people it’s the most exciting four years ever.”

“Yeah, but I’ve been here three months, my only friend is my roommate.” Jess sighed and looked around her empty dorm room. “And she hardly counts.”

Cecelia sighed and looked at the clock. The show started in two hours and it took about an hour and a half to get to Baltimore. She pulled over before she hit the highway.

“What are you doing tonight?”

---

“You know you’re my favorite sister, right?” Jess said grinning at her sister. Cecelia rolled her eyes but smiled at her younger sister. She watched as Jess flipped down the mirror and apply light pale lipstick.

“I’m your only sister,” she said as she hit the highway. “I just hate you’re having a rough time at school.”

She saw Jess shrug and throw her long blonde hair behind her. She took after their mom’s looks, her long golden blonde hair lightened in the summer, and naturally curled. Her bright green eyes sparkled all the time. She soft small pink lips never needed lipstick, but Jess was obsessed with it. Her pale face was always so clear. Her small button nose was perfect for her small features.

“I’m not like you CeeCee,” she said.

Cecelia smiled at her sister’s name for her. In high school Cecelia was always attending the games Jess cheered at, her dance competitions, her events she held as Vice-President of the junior and senior class, always taste-tested for her bake sales. She was always so involved, but couldn’t afford to go away to school like her friends. Instead of vacationing around the world, she got a summer job and worked to save up money.

Attending the local university wasn’t panning out for her. Cecelia knew she wouldn’t adjust too well at first, but hoped by now she would make friends and enjoy the good life of college.

“I know and that’s perfect.” She said squeezing her sister’s hand. Jess smiled and squeezed back.

“So I have a couple of rules,” Cecelia said, as they got closer to Baltimore.

“One, no fangirling,” she said looking at her sister. She rolled her green eyes and smiled. “Two, when I am working act like an adult. Three don’t do anything stupid.”

“Cee, you act like I’m a child. I will be the perfect 18-year-old.” She said smiling.

---

“Hey Cecelia, glad you could make it down here!” Braden said she and Jess walked into the venue.

She smiled and put a hand on Jess’ arm. “This is my sister Jess, she’s with me for the weekend. She won’t be in the way,” Jess nodded.

“Not a problem, here take these,” he said handing them both passes. “The guards won’t be in your way with these bad boys.”

Jess smiled and put the lanyard around her neck. “Thank you Braden,” she said smiling.

“Thank you,” Cecelia said. “Will you go hang out in the lounge while I go and talk to the band?” Jess smiled and nodded before heading with Braden to the lounge area.

Nick and Mark were standing in the hallway laughing.

“Hey Cecelia right?” Nick asked as they walked to her.

“Yes,” she said shaking their hands. “Thanks for letting me come and hang out with you guys.”

“Not a problem,” Mark said. “We are actually grabbing a quick bite, but the rest of the guys are in there,” he said pointing behind them.

She nodded and pushed her way through the door. Ren and Steven were strumming on the guitars. They looked up when she walked in. Steven stood up, placing his bright blue electric guitar on the faded green couch and walked towards.

“Hey Cecelia, it’s good to see you again,” he wrapped his bony arms around her. She froze for a moment, then let her own arms wrap around his waist.

“Yeah, it’s good to see you too. Thanks for letting me do this story. I really appreciate it.” She said grabbed her notebook and pen.

“You mean your paycheck appreciates it,” Ren said from the couch.

Cecelia raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow at him and shrugged. “Maybe, but I enjoy my job.” She walked around the room and started taking notes of the items they had lying around.

“So what are your favorite foods?”

---

“This next song is about growing up,” Ren said as Steven switched to his acoustic guitar. Nick had stepped off the stage and Jake also had an acoustic guitar. “Who out there wants to grow up?”

A few girls in the crowd screamed in response. “I don’t,” Steven said smiling.

“Me either Steve,” Ren said. “This song is about if you didn’t have to grow up. It asks, what would you do with your life?”

Cecelia tilted her head and listened to Ren as he explained the song. The chords began, and the lights flicked to the three men standing on stage. She jotted down the notes about the song, along with the title and looked at Jess.

Jess was smiling and swaying with the tune.

“This is the best night ever,” she said when she caught Cecelia looking at her.

---

“Shit, Jess, take my keys and head out to the car, I forgot my notebook backstage.” Jess nodded and took her sister’s keys, along with her new tee shirt signed by the band.

Showing her pass to the security guards, she headed back to the backstage room. Knocking on the door, Ren opened it and rolled his eyes at her.

“Need another quote?” He asked stepping back and letting her pass. She brushed by his body, his cologne wafting into the air.

“No, I need my notebook.” She turned and crossed her arms over her chest. “What’s your problem with me anyway?”

He shrugged his shoulders and scuffed his boot on the floor. “No problem, this is just how I act.”

“The songs don’t reflect that,” She said as she shoved the notebook into her large black bag. She looked at him and shook her head. “You need to get over whatever your problem is, I’ll be around for awhile.”

He smirked and held out his calloused hands. “I’m looking forward to it doll.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I enjoy writing this which is why I keep updating. I see I have a couple of silent readers, but I just want to thank you for taking the time to read this.

I would love ANY feedback, good or bad.

I'll try and update in a couple of days!