Status: actively updating

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

- booze & pills & drugs -

"Gerard, is this going to be a regular occurrence? Because if it is..."

"No, Mama! I swear it won't be!" I lied through my teeth.

"Good. You better be right," the blonde haired, blue eyed Emily Way snapped. "And if I catch you again, so help me God, you will never see the light of day again!" With that, she stormed out of my room in the basement, slamming the door loudly behind her.

So what? It was only a couple of beers. I was sixteen and I knew what I was doing... didn't I?

***

"Gerard, Gerard, Gerard," someone said in a disappointed manner. Great, I had let down someone else. That was pretty much my life story it seemed. I'm just a no good, stupid fuck up. "Gerard," the eerie voice said again. "Is this going to be a regular occurrence? Because if it is..."

"NO!" I shouted, jumping up, still angry at myself for giving into death.

"Good, it better not be," the Devil replied. "Because if it is, we're not working out."

Those words... I knew those words...

***

"Gerard. GERARD! Get UP!"

Fuck you, asshole, I thought, rolling over in my pretend sleep as a shrill voice screeched in my ear.

"FINE!"I heard dresser drawers being opened, angry footsteps, and the flush of a toilet.

In a flash, I was on my feet and racing to the bathroom. There she was, Jacketha Ramirez, standing by the toilet, her blonde highlights shining against her raven colored hair.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO?!" I screamed at her, spinning her around and grabbing her upper arms. "WHAT THE FUCK?! JACKIE! TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST... FUCK!!!! WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"What it look like, baby?" Jackie asked, a stupid smirk on her face. How come every time someone decided to hurt me, they felt the need to smirk? Why was this a thing?

"JACKETHA!" I shook her, I couldn't help it.

"I watch my mother hurt while my father do drugs! I do not want to be like mother. I want you safe! You my angel, Gee," Jackie explained, tears suddenly staining her tan cheeks.

This touched my nineteen year old heart, I must admit, but right then the cocaine that was now dissolving in some shit hole was more important to me. My booze was more important to me. I liked the life I lived; the booze, pills, drugs. They made my life complete. Lately, Jackie had been on my case about my bad lifestyle. I was finding it really hard to stay and live with her.

"Babe," she said. "Just let me in. Tell me what you thinking... you don't need alcohol or... or drugs. You have seen what it do to people. You know what it does. Please, let me in, Gerard."

"Nevermind the times I've seen it!" I snapped. "We're not workin' out, Jackie."

She began to cry even more and I let go of her. If she really loved me or liked me at all, she would just let me live my life how I wanted rather than chastise me about it. I really hoped I wasn't mistaken, but I was almost positive that this was the right choice, leaving her.

"We're not workin' out," I said again, my voice cold and heartless. She started to cry even harder. "Cry all you want." I left the bathroom and began to gather all my shit that was at her apartment. "I don't care how much you invest yourself in me. I Don't care." I was at the door now, Jackie standing in the middle of the room. "Oh, and don't fucking touch my friends! Just leave them the fuck alone!" With that, I left her sobbing and all alone.

***

"Do you enjoy your little flashbacks?" Satan's tone was so conversational it was irritating.

"Not really," I hissed, annoyed that all of these flashbacks involved pain, sorrow, and suffering.

"Oh, that's too bad," Satan replied with mock sympathy.

Asshole.

"Gerard, next time I will warn you when you are about to have a flashback."

Good.

"Have fun now."

Now I was standing in the hallway of an unfamiliar house.

Some warning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't want to make an extremely long chapter, so this one is a bit of a filler. There is a little insight to how bad off Gerard was before his hospital stay.