Caught Between Two Worlds

ch.11

Ch.11

The next morning Ava woke up slowly with a smile on her face. She opened up eyes and looked outside seeing the sun slowly rising. She slowly sat up in bed and stretched her limbs which was met with an “ow!” from beside her. She looked over and saw a mass of dark hair from beneath the blankets. She pulled the blankets away to reveal Paul laying next to her, rubbing his nose with an annoyed look on his face. “sorry….i didn’t think I was going to hit you…” Ava leaned in and kissed Paul on his nose lightly. As she started to pull away Paul stopped her and started kissing her. To which Ava responded by pulling away, leaving Paul with a surprised look on his face. “no no no we can’t” Ava said as she scouted towards the headboard of the bed propping her upper body against it. “what?” Paul asked. Ava looked up at him “trust me I would LOVE to…but if we start we aren’t going to stop and we’ll never get out of bed” “well what if that’s what I want..” as Paul started leaning towards her. “ah ah ah…no” ava responded as she quickly got out of bed pulling a sheet around her, leaving Paul pouting on the bed as she walked into the bathroom.
As Ava hopped into the shower she heard the phone ring. “hey paul….the phone—“ I know I got it….” Paul answered. As Ava took her shower she tried to make out the phone conversation between paul and the other person on the other end. “hey…how’s it going?.....WHAT!? HOW…how did that happen we are suppose to have guards with us at all times..how could someone….---“ At that Ava quickly washed the suds out of her hair and got out of the shower and grabbed a towel and dried herself off. When she opened the door she saw Paul frantically pacing the hotel room with his hands rooted to his scalp. “Paul…what happened?who was that on the phone?” Paul stopped in his tracks and looked at her with dark eyes and said “it was Gene. He said that Peter was attacked last night by some guy….I just don’t know how that could be possible because we always have a body guard with us to protect us but I guess the guy was stronger. Come on we gotta go and see how hes doing..” Paul rush over to her and grabbed her wrist and started to pull her behind him towards the hotel door, when she stopped him and took his hand off her wrist. Paul spun around and looked at her with impatience “why are you stopping?! We have to go!” Ava rolled her eyes “yeah I get that…but I cant go out there looking like this” as she motioned toward the towel wrapped around her body. Paul sighed and went over to his suitcase, opening it and pulling clothes out of it. “here hopefully this fits you…” as he hands her a shirt and a pair of drawstring workout pants.
Ava stares at Paul who stares back at her “well..arent you going to change I need to see if peter’s alright..” Ava sighed “well I thought maybe I could change without you staring at me..” Paul’s eyebrows go up in surprise “oh really…now your all innocent because last night..well—“ Ava raised up her hand to stop him “alright you have a point..” as she dropped the towel that was wrapped around her and quickly took the shirt and put it on along with the pants and tied them tight. And with that they were off running in the hotel hallway towards Peter’s room.
When they got to Peter’s room Paul opened the door and entered, Ava following right behind. When she entered the hotel room, she saw that Ace and Gene were also there sitting in chairs next to Peter’s bed. “what happened last night?” Paul asked them, as Ava noticed Gene glaring at Ava. “why is she here? This doesn’t concern here Paul.” Paul rolled his eyes “I let her come with me alright now tell me what happened.” “well his body guard said that Peter was going down to the chicken coop to get another hen and a guy came out of nowhere…and the body guard told him to leave that he was in restricted area, but the guy just stood there with this menacing grin on his face. And he just got knocked the guard out and attacked Peter and when the guard came too later he found Peter laying on the ground unconscious. The guard freaked and brought him back here and tried to stop the bleeding and when he realized it was more seriously then he thought he called me…so that’s why we’re here.” As Ava got closer to the bed she noticed a gash on the side of Peter’s neck bleeding and at that she noticeable paled. “hey girl are you ok..you don’t look so good” Ace said. Ava gulped and responded “I just don’t do great around blood…that’s all…” Paul stood next to Peter and removed the cloth that covered part of the gash and exposed and he cringed at the massive size and depth. “how come you haven’t called 911, cause he probably needs stitches…” Gene replied “someone’s coming to help, cant have anyone knowing that a member of KISS got hurt last night…” “uh you know I can help…with the wound…” Ava spoke up. Gene, Ace and Paul looked at her in surprise. “hey look who’s helpin’ out Gene maybe she’s better then you said she was…” Paul eyes narrowed at that. “What?” Ace cackled in response, while Ava rolled her eyes. “I don’t care what you think about me Gene, I’m just offering you the help that Peter needs to close up the wound.” Gene’s eyes narrowed “fine..help him…and then leave…” Ava looked at him with a straight face and responded with a flat “fine….” As she walked over to Peter and put the cloth on the nightstand next to the bed and examined the wound. Ava looked away from Peter and back at the others who were staring at her. “well…can I get some privacy can you guys wait until its done” All three started walking out when Ava said “Paul…you can stay I need to talk to you…”
Paul turned around and walked back towards Ava and Peter as Ace was shooting Paul two thumbs up and a wink, as Gene grabbed Ace shoulder and angrily shoved Ace outside of the hotel room and closed the door behind them. “so were’s all the stuff…the thread..needle…?” Paul asked. Ava laughed and responded “well sweetheart I don’t need that…” as her eyes glowed, startling Paul who stepped back from her as she stood over Peter and examined his wound. “you know Paul I know who attacked him….last night…” Paul stepped closer. “What? How do you—“ Ava put her hand over his wound and healed in. “because the wound is something that…he would lead behind…any of my family would leave behind…that I would leave behind….” As she removed her hand revealing no wound on his neck, as he continued to sleep. Paul sat down in the chair that was behind him and put his hands through his hair “what do you mean like a vampire or something….” “mmm…not really we’re something completely different…” “that’s why you told Gene you don’t do well around blood..” “yeah I used to be like a bloodoholic I swear..i was the pariah of my family…I was even worse then Cody..but now…he’s the monster…” As she walked toward the hotel door and opened it so Gene and Ace could come back in to see their band mate. Ava walked back towards Peter and covered the area where the wound was on his neck again with the cloth. And Gene and Ace walked into the hotel room and towards Peter, when Gene stopped in front of Ava and said “we had a deal you help Peter and then you leave…for good..no more following us because Paul doesn’t need any distractions, and you’re a distraction missy…” Ava rolled her eyes “yeah whatever and it seems like you’re the only one that has a problem with me…probably because for some ungodly reason I was the first girl that shot you down…which is a stupid reason to hate someone if you ask me but since I already agreed to it I’ll be leaving then” and with that Ava walked out of the hotel room leaving Gene with a smirk on his face. “hey dude that wasn’t cool man she helped us out..helped Peter…because you and your ego didn’t want people finding out about Peter’s injuries…and she still helped him out…why do you have to be such a dick…” As Ace turned towards a chair near Peter’s bed and sat down.
As Paul just stood staring at Gene with dark eyes glaring at him, making Gene slightly uneasy, as he walked closer to Paul. “Paul you have to understand why I had to do it she would’ve been the only thing that you would be able to focus on…and what we need right now is everyone in full capacity because we’re starting to book arenas. ARENAS PAUL! Filled with thousands of fans! Just think of the amount of cash we’re gonna rake in man. Just think” Paul pushed past Gene walking towards the hotel door “well if you’re so excited about it…then put some damn effort into helping for once on writing songs instead of basking in the glory afterwards….dick!” as he left the hotel room in a rage, running to find Ava.