Caught Between Two Worlds

ch.12

Ch. 12

All Ava saw was a blur as she sped around the hotel to get back to Paul’s room. That’s all she wanted was to be alone after her confrontation with Gene. She didn’t understand how her not liking him in that way would elicit such a strong hatred. When she got to his hotel room she stopped running and looked down at the knob. “damn it…” she sobbed just remembering that she didn’t have the key to the room. “ah fuck it…” as she took her hand and grasped the knob so hard that it broke off. And she touched the door with one finger and it opened. Once inside she sat down on the bed thinking about what her next move was going to be. “god what am I going to do? Can I really leave? Can I?” Could she leave? She didn’t think she could because if she did…what would happen to them. Cody was clearly sending a message to Ava with the attack of peter, let alone leaving him alive for that matter. But if she left would he still go through with his plan?
As she pondered this a shooting pain shot through her making her fall back into the bed, in the fetal position, fighting off the pain with a silent scream. As her eyes opened, they revealed ever changing colors shooting through them. Once the pain subsided Ava got up from the bed and cautiously walking into the bathroom. Once she did she lurched forward having dry heaves. She leaned her upper body up against the sink and vomited violently until their was nothing left. Ava wiped her mouth and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She saw her face paler now, and her eyes still changing colors drastically. “STOP! Why cant this stop!?” Ava moaned in pain and clutched her head as she turned on the bathtub faucet and watched it start to fill with hot water. As the bathtub was filling with water she stripped herself of Paul’s borrowed clothes and hopped into the tub resting her head on the back of the bathtub.
Once Ava finally relaxed in the tub, feeling all the horrible feelings slowly drift away, Paul made it back to his hotel room. He looked down at the door knob that was sheared off and pushed the door open. Once inside he noticed that the door to the bathroom was open slightly, so he walked into the bathroom and saw Ava taking a bath. “I thought you were leaving?” “and yet your room is the first place that you stop at to see if im here…” “that’s because I remembered you left your clothes here…” “mmmmhmmmmm…” Ava replied eyes closed.
That’s when Ava heard rustling and opened one eye and looked up seeing Paul starting to remove his shoes. “What are you doing?” “What does it look like im doing Ava…I mean I surely cant waste a great bath with a lovely now can I” As Ava closed her eyes again, not wanting to leer at Paul as he undressed, and leaned her head on the back of the tub once again. Ava felt a gentle hand on her shoulder, followed by a “lean forward” as Paul gently help her lean forward in the tub allowing him room so he could get into the tub with her. Once he sat down behind her, Ava laid her head against his chest as he wrapped his arms around her body and nuzzled her neck. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes when another wave of pain shot through Ava, who instinctively tried to grip the sides of the tub in pain. Paul held onto Ava, as she started to convulse again and again, trying to keep her from falling further into the bath water. Paul held her against himself and tilted her head towards him and saw the flashes of color in her eyes as she groaned in pain. “Ava please tell me what’s happening? What can I do to make it stop…” Paul asked fear resonating clearly from his voice. To which Ava weakly replied “its…its because I healed peter…I haven’t used my powers in a long time and this is what happens if I use a lot of it…I shouldn’t have helped him in that way….i should’ve just stitched him up….but I thought I could do it…that I should because I knew that he was in pain…”
As Ava clearly started relaxing as the pain subsided, so did Paul, as he leaned down towards her face and kissed her gently. “thank you for helping him….” “well thank you for what you did back there….cause you didn’t have to defend me..you could’ve agreed with him…” Paul laughed at that “ Ava, Gene can be a dick and if he sees me enjoying myself, he get pissed and jealous because of that…because he thinks that I should be miserable like him….and plus I did kinda enjoy calling him a dick” Ava laughed weakly and pulled Paul’s face down for a kiss.
When they pulled away for air Paul looked at Ava with furrowed brows. “what aren’t you telling me Ava?” Ava pulled back and smiled at him “so im that easy to read huh? Well…I guess I should tell you since it’s been bothering me…I had a premonition last night. That’s why you found me up late at night in the bathroom. It was about me and my cousin, Dakota. I killed her in my premonition and I showed little remorse about it….it scared me…still does… to think I could be capable of killing my cousin…because shes the closest thing I have left of my family.” Paul’s eyes widened at this “how? Why would you kill her…that doesn’t make since because you guys seem pretty close…” “well not at the moment…after our little spat when she found us together..she threatened to leave me for good… and well she said that if I were to see you again that she would have to come with. Stubborn me left her yesterday to come to your concert and she found out and followed me…now I don’t know where she is and this premonition scared me because what if I lash out at her and do something horrible. I mean god knows what ill do now since I started using my powers again.”
Paul sighed at this and said calmly “how ‘bout we get out of the tub and we can talk about we continue to talk about this when we get out..cause the water’s getting cold.” “ok…” ava responded as she weakly tried to stand up in the tub, and almost falls back down. Paul grabs her by the hips to stop her from falling and stands up quickly behind her. “ok letting you go out first was a bad idea….i’ll get out us both out…” as scoops her up by gripping the back of her legs, while stepping out of the tub. Once he was out he set Ava down on her feet and handed her a towel, and grabbed himself one to dry himself off with.
When they were both dry they walked out of the bathroom, and Paul helped her up on the bed to sit on as he wrapped the towel he had around his waist as he went over to his suitcase to grab them both clothes to wear. He grabbed a t-shirt for Ava and a pair of shorts for himself and walked back towards the bed and handed Ava the t-shirt. “so do you wanna still talk about it?” Paul asked as he put on the pair of shorts, and Ava threw on the t-shirt. “mmm….i’m just freaked out about what I saw in my dream…I don’t know what could’ve happened before it to make me go and kill her the way I did…” Paul laid down next to her in the bed and asked “well…how did you…uh do it…” Ava sighed “I bit her and drank her blood…so much and stabbed her with this special dagger we each have…that’s the only thing that can kill us…” “so you guys are immortal then…” “mmmhmmm…” Ava replied. “so like if I snapped your neck you would come back to life…” “yeah pretty much….BUT don’t do it…cause I don’t wanna have another relapse like I did twice already from using my powers…” “by the way…there’s no way im letting you leave….just an f.y.i. for you…” Ava rolled her eyes at that and looked up at Paul “oh course im not leaving do you really think Gene scared me into leaving…plus I don’t know if Cody will come back or not to confront me or to hurt you guys so its in your best interest to let me stay…” “mmmhmmm…and what about your other cousin, Dakota, when are you going to get back into contact with her cause I think she’ll be helpful..” Ava smirked at that “HA! Your have no idea what her or I can really do at full capacity…we should show you sometime..and tell the rest of the band for that matter…but that’s another thing to do on another day cause right now I feel bleh…” “well let’s see if we can get some breakfast and then go back down to peter’s room to see if he’s awake yet..” “ok…that sounds good..” Ava replied as they both got out of bed and changed clothes and left the hotel room to see what the accommodations the hotel had to offer.