Caught Between Two Worlds

ch.16

Ch. 16
When Paul and Dakota got to Paul’s room with Ava in her arms, he set her down on the bed and put the covers over her, as Dakota sat down next to her. “so…do you think shes going to be okay?” Paul asked. “I don’t know…we’ve never used our powers before at night…because we didn’t know what would happen to us…because we were scared…he warned us that something awful would happen if we did…” “cody….he told you that…why?” Dakota looked from Ava to Paul “because he was the one that gave us this curse…” Paul sat down next to Dakota with his eyebrows furrowed at this bit of information. “you mean your brother…he gave you these powers…” “no…he didn’t…he just found a way of restricting them for us…he cursed us by having our powers only available for us in daylight and if we were to try to us them at night…well all he told us was something bad would happen so we never tried until tonight…” “how..why did he restrict your powers?” Dakota laughed slightly at this “all because he wanted Ava weaker…hes always had it against her for getting the powers first..but it was understandable…she was married to the man after all…” “woah woah woah….she was married to a guy that had the powers…I thought she just was born with them or something…” “well she married this man who in our town there was whispers about him possessing these gifts…and cody being greedy struck a deal with him…Ava for a chance at possessing these same powers” “so your brother just traded her like that…..” Paul said astounished “well it was a different time back then…we were short on money and marrying Ava off to him helped with the money shortage…one less person to feed and all that….” Dakota said calmy. “now enough talk about our past…we need to worry about Ava right now..” As Paul looked back at Ava who laid on the bed curled up in the sheets. Dakota touched Ava’s forehead “uh….shes hot ill get a washcloth….” As Dakota got up and went over to the bathroom, grabbing a washcloth and running it over coldwater.
When Dakota walked back in the room, she saw Paul get up from sitting on the end of the bed, and went to lay next to her holding her. “here…put this on her forehead” as she handed the washcloth to Paul, who laid the washcloth on Ava’s forehead. “hey I was wondering when you were going to go check on Peter….he should be in a room at the hospital by now…” “did she help at all…with the injury when she was trying to heal him?” Paul asked “well from what I could tell hes going to be fine probably put a bandage on the wound, but he might have a couple broken ribs, cause he fell pretty hard when Cody attacked him.” “I wanna stay here with her…until morning at least then ill visit him…”
Just as Dakota was going to refute the phone began to ring. She grabbed the phone and answered it. “hello….mmmm…ok ill get him…” Dakota handed the phone to Paul, who mouthed “who is it?” “its Ace…” pushing the phone into Paul’s hand, as he got up off the bed and walked into the bathroom to talk to Ace. “how is he? What….he was asking for me…and Ava…well shes still unconscious…Dakota’s here helping me with her until she wakes up….ugh alright…alright Ace calm down…I’ll be right there…” As Paul clicked the off switch on the phone and walked out of the bathroom. “so how’s Peter?” Dakota asked. “he has a couple broken ribs, broken collarbone and he had to get stitches in his neck…Ace said that Peter was asking for me and Ava and that I should get over there right now…I think hes only saying that though because Gene is bothering him…so I guess im gonna go over and see Peter…and if she wakes up..call the hospital and ill be right back here…” “ok but I don’t think anythings going to happen anytime soon..so go see Peter and when you get back tell me how hes doing ok..” Dakota replied, as Paul walked out of the hotel room on his way to the hospital.
After Paul left the hotel, Dakota sat down next to Ava on the bed. Dakota noticed that Ava was rolling around slightly, which made Dakota feel better, because she was no longer unconscious anymore, but sleeping. When suddenly Ava shot up in bed, gasping for air and was looking around in the room, and saw Dakota sitting next to her, who was shocked. “AVA! Holy crap your ok” Dakota said hugging Ava. Dakota let go of Ava and really got a look at her and noticed that her eyes were black. “Ava…are you ok?” “where’s Paul at?! Where is he?” Ava asked Dakota. “he left…he went to visit Peter in the hospital why?” In response Ava grabbed Dakota’s hand, who gasped at the contact, as she saw the vision that Ava had. “he going to be there…alone with him…we have to go to stop him..come on” Ava told Dakota, getting up off the bed, then backing up towards the bed as her head rushed. “ugh….no no no dakota im fine lets go…” As Ava weakly got up and started walking out of the hotel room. “well you better not use your powers again…if anything happens let me take care of it okay cous’” Dakota said following her out of the hotel room. “fine…as long as we get to the hospital…” as they ran down the hallway towards the elevators.