Caught Between Two Worlds

ch.17

Ch.17
At the hospital….
When Paul got to the hospital, he asked where the floor Peter was on, and got into the elevator and pressed the button for the 8th floor. As the elevator stopped Paul got out and tried to find Peter’s room, finally asking a nurse where his room was located, who directed him in the direction of Peter’s room. As he entered Peter’s room, he noticed that no one else was visiting him. “hey Paulie….” Peter said weakly from his hospital bed “hey buddy how are you doing?” Paul asked as he sat in a chair that was next to Peter. “ive been better..but from what Ace told me earlier I wouldn’t be here if it was for Ava…that she healed me…and you didn’t tell me that she had powers dude” Peter said with excitement on his face. “well she didn’t want any of us to know…but well she can hide anything now right…” Peter laughed slightly but then grimaced in pain due to the broken ribs. “ugh…I swear I need to get better soon cause if I cant laugh without having shooting pain…im done for” Paul smiled at him “ah you’ll be fine soon…at least we got you to the hospital” “yeah….so where is ava at?” Peter asked. “shes at the hotel recuperating, using her powers took a toll on her…last time I saw her she was still unconscious…” “WHAT?! And you’re here right now! Ugh you’re an idiot Paul….”Peter told Paul. “Ace said that you were asking for me so….” “SO WHAT! Screw me stay with your girl who risked her life to save me..god sometimes I wonder about you…” Peter said shaking his head. Paul laughed at this “man I thought you were going to act differently from the news but….” “what I was suppose to say ‘thanks paul for leaving the girl that saved me in the hotel room so you could see me’ hell no! now you leave this hospital and go back to her because I want your face to be the first thing that she sees when she wakes up” “damn peter I didn’t think you were a romantic?” Paul asked on the verge of laughing his ass off. Peter rolls his eyes at this annoyed “im only a romantic when I see that you guys are perfect for each other…like come on its so obvious that you like her…if she were anyone else spouting about someone trying to come after us and kill us…you would’ve laughed in their face but no you straight out saw that she was telling the truth….you believed her..and then you helped her become a part of the band…you would’ve never let someone else pull that…dude your falling for her…” Peter said straight-faced. Paul’s eyebrows furrowed at this “but we’ve only known each other for a week….” “so….sometimes love just happens bro….now go…leave now…” Peter said with a smile on his face as he started shooing Paul out of his room “alright alright im leaving happy….” Paul said in response as he got up and walked out of Peter’s room and down the hall.
As Paul turned at corner, right in front of him stood Cody. “well hello there….how was the hospital visit….you know im surprised that he even lived through it….i thought I punctured his carotid artery and it should’ve killed him quickly” Paul glared at him “Ava healed him” Cody’s eyebrows rose in shock “wow never thought she would risk using her powers at night…but I guess that’s fate for you…” “what do you mean by that exactly….” Cody laughed “oh you’ll find out soon enough” As Dakota and Ava round the corner of the hallway and see Cody and Paul. Cody looks behind him “well your not looking so well Ava…I wonder why…” As Paul looked beyond Cody and looked at Ava and saw that her eyes were black. “holy crap Ava what’s wrong with your eyes!” “side affect of using my powers at night that’s all…” “yes…and then comes the hallucinations…the cravings for blood…” cody listed off. “but I guess your already used to the latter..right…how long has it been since you indulged….a couple days…weeks…” Cody said while coming closer to Ava, while Dakota stood in front of Ava “ah ah ah…brother…just leave and I wont have to do anything to you…” Dakota said to Cody. “HA! Like you would do anything to me, you’re my sister after all….” “oh yeah…” Dakota replied, eyes beginning to glow red in anger…as she lunged at Cody with her teeth bared, connecting with his neck biting him, pushing him to ground. Once Cody was pinned on the ground by Cody, Dakota repeatedly punched Cody to the point where blood was seeping from his nose. Then Dakota calmly gets up and brushes herself looking down at Cody. “just because Im your sister doesn’t mean I can beat the shit out of you….brother…” Dakota said glaring at him with blood dripping from her mouth. Ava weakly walked towards Dakota “Dakota what have you done….you bit him that means—“ “don’t worry I didn’t ingest it…” Dakota replies as she spits the blood that is in her mouth onto Cody. “your going to regret this…” Cody said as he sped out of the hospital clutching his neck.
Once Cody was gone, everyone sighed in relief. “since that craziness is over with…let’s go see Peter” Ava said as Dakota began to follow Ava to Peter’s room. Paul stopped Ava “do you think that’s a good idea, you don’t look so good…well and your eyes..” Paul gestured. Ava smiled at him and her eyes went from solid black to their normal color. “im fine see…” as Paul shook his head. “no your not gonna go in their…plus peter needs to rest and so do you…” “well Ava I wouldn’t argue with his logic…plus we can see him tomorrow morning when your all rested up..” Dakota added with a smile on her face. As Paul led Ava towards the elevators, Ava looked back at Dakota who was smirking at her.