Status: In the works!

Change

Chapter Ten

“Reina.” I hear Liam whine from the other end of the couch, just as the sun is starting to rise, too early for my liking. “ You are such a couch hog.” He says sleepily as he nudges my legs

“Sorry sassy.” I yawn as I bring my legs towards my chest.

“I am not sassy.” He says as I lift my head up to look at him still half asleep on the other end of the couch.

“Mhmm.” I stifle a laugh as I shut my eyes again hoping to fall back asleep. “Whatever you say, Sass.”

--------------------

It feels like barely any time has passed until Liam’s alarm starts going off to wake him up, or should I say; wake me up. He was still sound asleep. How could I blame him though, he stayed up so late with me last night.

“Liam, wake up.” I say shaking his shoulder. He just waves me off and goes back to sleep.

I sigh and make my way into the kitchen, wide-awake now. I grab the cereal from the pantry and make myself a bowl. It was 7:00 in the morning, why the heck am I up so early? I am not a morning person.

Liam comes into the kitchen, his bare feet padding against the hardwood floor.

“Morning, Sunshine.” I smile at him as he stares at me with his sleep-ridden eyes as he takes a seat next to me at the table.

“Oh wow this is so much more comfortable than sharing a couch with you.” He smiles at me as his head is resting on the table. “I could fall asleep right here.”

“Not much of a morning person are you?” I glare at him as I grab another bowl for him.

“Not at all.” He says taking the bowl from my hands with a smile.

I just want to say something. He is so cute being all sleepy and whatnot. Like, really adorable with those tired blue eyes. “Do you have a lot of chores to do today?” I ask to make conversation.

“Just feeding today.” He sighed. “Want to help me? I shouldn’t take very long.”

“Yeah I will be out in a bit.” I smile as Liam gets up from the table and makes his way outside.

“Wear your aunt’s boots or something. It gets really muddy after it rains.”

“Yes sir.” I say with a salute as Liam leaves the house with a smirk on him face.

I finish up my breakfast and make my way outside after changing into clothes that I didn’t care to get dirty. I found Liam who has ditched his hoodie and is making his way around the barn in the sticky post-storm humidity.

“What would you like me to do?”

“Around the side of the barn are buckets to fill up.” He states as he goes about filling up two stalls with fresh water. “They get pretty heavy so take your time.”

----------------------

We go about getting the chores done taking care of the animals until we are done around noon.

“What do you like most about Iowa?” Liam asks as I look over to him as he lies next to me on the bales of hay.

“I don’t really know.” I smile at him as his blue eyes hold my gaze. “I haven’t really gotten out much. You’re the only other person I know here besides my aunt and uncle.”

Liam reaches into his pocket as his phone goes off. He takes a moment to read the text and sets his phone down. “Would you like to change that?”

“Well I guess since I will be going to school here now.” I say looking at him confused.

“There is a bonfire tonight at my friend Josh’s house and I am, ‘supposed to bring the new girl’.” Liam says looking at his phone again.

“How do people know about me? And why do they even care?”

“Your aunt must have enrolled you because Josh found out through his mother who is the school principle.”

“And how do they know that you know me?” I question.

“Well we are sitting in your uncle’s barn at the moment.” He smiles and shrugs. “You know, because I work here and whatnot.”

“Right.” I laugh. “I guess I can fit it into my nonexistent schedule.”

“Perfect.” Liam smirks. “I will pick you up at 8:00ish?” He looks at me for approval as I nod in agreement. “I know you have a lot of people to impress but no need to dress up.” He says jokingly as I laugh.

“Thanks for the heads-up, Liam.” I say sarcastically as he laughs with a beautiful smile on his face.

“Well I better go. I have football practice in an hour and it can’t start without me.” Liam says as he sits up from the hay bales and pulls on his shirt. “I will be here at 8:00 to pick you up.”

“See you then!”