Status: In the works!

Change

Chapter Nineteen

Liam’s Point of View

After a long few hours of getting blood drawn and CT scans. I find myself sitting in a patient room anxiously waiting with Henry at my side.

I catch Henry staring at me. “What?” I ask.

“Thank you for doing this.” He whispered, shuffling his comic books that were in his lap. “I know you never wanted any of this.”

“There is not a thing I wouldn’t do for you, Henry.” I say.

“I know, and I wish I could do the same.” He sighed.

“You do more than enough.” I smile at him as he beams back.

++++++++++++++++

“Mom?” I began as she entered the room with tear filled eyes, “Please tell me what’s wrong.” Tears began falling even harder now as she finally looked at me. “What’s wrong?” I ask her again as she waves me off with her hand as she tries to control her emotions. She was really trying to keep it together in front of Henry and I.

“Mom?” Henry says seated next to me in a hospital wheelchair.

This honestly cannot be good at all.

“Please answer me.” I state.

“I- I think-,” She said in between sniffles. “You should just hear it all from Dr. Fox.”

I am going to die, so much for being hopeful.

“Liam?” I hear Dr. Fox’s voice say as the door opens. She walked in her hands filled with the test results.

I look at Henry as he stands up slowly to make his way over to me. He lifts himself into my lap with some help from me. Nestling closely, he takes both of my hands, his shaking and cold.

“I have your test results.” Dr. Fox stated quietly as she took a seat on her stool. “I just have one question for you first, Liam.” I look over towards my mother as she stifles her sobbing, trying to calm herself as I make eye contact with Dr. Fox.

“Uh, ok?” I say a bit confused, holding tightly to Henry; what is she about to ask, my last dying wish?

“When would you like to schedule the bone marrow transplant?” Dr. Fox asked as I stared blankly at her.

“I beg your pardon?” I say shocked as Henry’s head pops off my chest to look at me. I stare at Henry as I smile spreads across both of our faces simultaneously. I pull Henry into my chest as he breaks down into tears; mine almost doing the same.

“I think you know what I’m getting at here.” She smiles as she looks at my mom, I look to her with a smile as tears fall from my face. For once we are hopeful.

“Mom.” I say once again with tear filled eyes. “You honestly had me scared.” I say as she makes her way over to me, taking Henry and into a hug, she was finally content.

“Finally, some good news.” Henry mumbles into my chest as he squeezes my tighter. “Finally.”