Status: In the works!

Change

Chapter Four

They had multiple lawyers come and talk to me about the arrangement of the house; it was automatically put under my name, along with the money also according to the will, which there was a lot not to mention.

“What I want to know is who is going to take care of me.” I say twisting my fingers.

“It is stated that your new guardians are.” The man, which I never got a name from pauses and squints at the will. “Mr. and Mrs. Charles and Anna Alrich, does the name ring a bell?”

I look away from the lawyer taking care of all this to my aunt and uncle sitting next to me. My new guardians, I kind of expected it. Who else would I have gone to? My aunt gives me a smile. “My aunt and uncle.” I state turning back to the man as he nods.

“Ah yes, of course,” He says turning to them. “If you wouldn’t mind please; to gain full custody of this here child, you will have to sign a few things.” He says flipping through pages in the will as my aunt and uncle sign things, so many things, after reading just about every single one of the papers carefully.

“It is now official.” The lawyer says. “She is now yours until she turns the age of eighteen, where she can choose as of what she would like to do accordingly.”

We get up and leave his office and head home.

This all means I am moving, to the Midwest, Iowa to be exact, nothing much there.