Status: In the works!

Change

Chapter Five

Staring at the kitchen all around me I look next to Clemmy sitting next to me. She starts to speak. “Can’t you just picture it now, your mother over by the oven flipping pancakes and the sizzling of bacon and look over there,” She says pointing toward the fridge. “Your dad in the fridge grabbing the orange juice, butter, and syrup.” A smile grows on my face, a first in a long while. She was playing out the last weekend I had, or should I say we had with my parents, the two of us sitting at the island bar after just waking up from a late night of talking and watching movies while the two of them danced around the kitchen making us all a huge breakfast.

“I can just smell the bacon cooking now.” I laugh. I am so glad Clemmy came over today and dragged me out of bed, which I have been spending most of my days in being a shut-in.

I look at Clemmy and she gives me a huge smile, “I have been waiting for that smile for weeks now.” She says as I pull her into our final goodbye hug. “I have no idea what I am going to do without you when school starts again.” I could hear sadness in her voice as it quivers.

“I will be just a phone call and a video chat away.” I say as tears roll down my face and I squeeze her harder. “Hold down the fort here until I come back.”

I walk her to the front door as she makes her way to her mom waiting out in the driveway; I shout out to her before she closes the car door, “I will see you soon!” I get the Clemmy smile one last time before I shut the front door and lock it.

I head upstairs to give my room a final look over. It is completely empty. I’m not selling my house because I plan to come back to it once I finish college and I am willing to carry myself well enough, a lot for a sixteen year old to think about.

“Ready?” My uncle says from behind me. I had completely they were here with me.

“Ready as I will ever be.” I sigh turn and grabbing my travel bag off of the upstairs landing.

“All of your things are already packed away on a truck and will be home tomorrow morning.” He says heading down stairs.

I wouldn’t say home, well not to me anyways. Not like the one I am in now. There are too many memories to even think about. Something I can’t give up on or just forget about.