The First Time I Caught A Glimpse of You

Chapter 1

BJ's P.O.V.


Who was she? She was amazing. She was beautiful. I wonder why I've never seen her there before. Those eyes, they were peircing. That smile of hers was pretty fucking amazing too. WAIT! WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?! I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND! C'mon Billie, snap out of it! Ugh, but she was so amazing. Billie! What are you thinking? You have the best girlfriend in the whole fucking world. You're crazy to be thinking about some girl that is just like any other. Or is she like everyone else? She's the only girl I've ever seen that works at Gilman. But I've been there so many times. How come I've never seen her before?


"Beej, Lila's here", mom called
"Okay, I'll be down in a minute." I yelled back. Damnit! She always comes at the most inopportune time.I put on a clean shirt, and ran out my door. I almost ran into Anna on my way out. I reached the stairs and jumped down. I actually landed right this time.
"Show off." Lila chimed.
"Ah, remember that if i wasn't a show off, I wouldn't be me." I chirpped back

She snickered at my comment and gave me hug. Mom looked at me as if giving me the okay to leave. I grabbed Lila's wrist and ran out of the house before Brad could object. We ended up at the park a few blocks away. Lila walked over to the swings and sat on the lowest one. She watched as I walked around behind her. I gently started pushing the swing when she spoke.

"Billie, I have to tell you something really important. It's been bothering me for awhile now."
"Okay." I said nervously. Is she breaking up with me?
"Billie, we're moving." She stated as calmly as possible
"What?! You're kidding, right?" I choked.
"No. My dad says we shouldn't see each other after the move. He'd really like this to be the last time we ever speak." She cried.
"Is he crazy?! Why?! Did I do something to upset him?" I asked.
"No, Billie it's nothing like that. Dad doesn't think that you're good enough for me. He thinks I'm settling."
"Settling? But, how?"
"He's been saying that I only think I know what I want. But he's wrong Billie! I want you!"
By this time, I had moved so that I was facing her.
"Baby, I want you too. You're dad is fucking insane. You mean the world to me. Wh...When are you moving?"
"This Friday. She said in between sobs.
"Friday!?!"