The First Time I Caught A Glimpse of You

Chapter 2

Billie's P.O.V.

Friday?! That's in 3 days! Why didn't she tell me?! Does she think I'm not good enough for her?! I can't believe this!

"Billie, are you okay?" She asked.
"Yeah. You're coming to the show tonight, aren't you? I have something to gi..."
"Billie, you know I wouldn't miss it for the world." She interupted.

The whole time she was talking, tears were flowing down her rosy cheeks. I was trying my hardest to be strong for her, but I knew at any moment the tears would start to flow.

"I have to go home now." Lila whispered.
" I don't want you to leave me." I said, tears starting to fall.
" I'm sorry. I love you so much.". She said.

Lila hugged me for what seemed like an eternity. I wish it would have been. I didn't want to let her go. Before she turned to walk away, I kissed her with as much passion as I could find within myself. When the kiss broke, she smiled weakly, and turned to walk home. Just like the tears flowing down my cheeks, the rain fell from the sky.

I started heading home. I didn't have an umbrella, but then again, I really didn't care. I couldn't believe she was moving. At least I get to play the song I wrote for her before she leaves. I know she hates it when I play songs I've written for her at Gilman. Gilman? I wonder if that girl will be working tonight. What is it about her? You know what's funny? I didn't start writing that song about Li... Oh shut up, Billie. Yes, you did, you know you did....[i/]

Lila's P.O.V

I walked home from the park in the rain. My clothes were soaked by the time I opened the front door. I headed up the stairs toward my room.

What's wrong with Billie? He seems so distant. He's been like this for the past two weeks. I wish I didn't have to leave him. It's almost like I'm the only reason he tries. Kind of pathetic when you think about it though. My dad's probably right; I could do better. But I love him so much. Or do I? Am I that desperate for someone? Darren is coming over soon. Darren is more appealing than Billie Joe in a lot of ways.

Guess I should think some things out.

1. I've know Darren since 3rd grade. I've known Billie Joe since my freshman year of high school. We're seniors now.

2. Darren lives in Fresno. Which is where I'm moving back to. But Billie lives here in Rodeo. I'll have friends in Fresno. I have friends here too. They aren't as popular as the one's in Fresno though.

3. What Darren has to offer that Billie doesn't?.....Money. Billie has never had much money. He probably never will. Especially not if he relies on this band of his. Sure they're good, but I don't really think they'll make it. Sure Billie says he loves me to death. I don't know ...something's up with him. I wonder if there's someone else. There couldn't possibly be. The only girls he knows are my friends. They would never go out with him or any one of his friends.
Darren could give me a good house to live in. Instead of a shitty flat with 8 other people splitting the rent. I'm not totally sure Billie would make the best father either. I've tried to get him to clean up his act, but the more I ask him to quit, it seems like the more he does.
I can't just break up with Billie. It'll kill him. I've got to let him think he still has me with out him actually having me. He won't have any material seeing as most of his songs are about me anyway. I guess to be honest the only thing I'll really miss about B.J. is the sex..........