The First Time I Caught A Glimpse of You

Chapter 3

Sarah's P.O.V.

"Sarah, time to get up. You have to be at work in an hour!" Mom yelled.

I pulled the blankets off of my head when I realized someone was yelling at me. For once Mom woke me up instead of John dragging me out of bed.

I climbed out of bed, and went into the living room. John was passed out on our old leather sofa. He must've been drunk. I walked passed him as quietly as possible. I hated him. He was such an ass. Mom knew it too. The only reason she stayed with him was so we'd have a place to live. He basically beat us all. We all knew that if we tried to leave he'd only make things worse. When I got into the kitchen, Mom and Tod were at the table eating. I made myself a sandwich and joined them. We all ate quietly so that we didn't disturb sleeping beauty in the living room. After I was done eating, I walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower. Then I went to my room to find something to wear. I picked something that I knew John would let me leave the house in. Jeans and a band shirt. That's all I ever wear. I jumped into the shower, and did the whole routine. After I had gotten dressed, I dried my brown curly hair, and put on some make-up. The usual. I went back into the kitchen to tell Mom I was leaving for work. We said our good-byes, and I left. Tod would be leaving for work in an hour. We both worked at 924 Gilman St. Gilman had sort of become a home a way from home. Tod was older than me, and friends with all the locals who technically lived at Gilman. I knew them too, but only through Tod. Tod had worked at Gilman a little longer than I had. I finally convinced him to get me a job there. He said it would be too rough for me. I'm managing just fine. This will be my third weekend working the bar. Well it's not really a bar. No alcoholic beverages are sold at Gilman. I had been working the back for the past 2 years. Working the front definately lets you see more. On the way to work it started raining. I had to pass the park to get to work. I thought I saw someone who looked familiar, but I wasn't sure. He looked like the lead singer from Green Day. Whoever it was didn't look too happy. I arrived at work a little early. Tim was there setting up, and asked me to help. I started helping Tim unpack his gear. It completely sucked that this was going to be OP.IV's last show at Gilman. The band was splitting up. All of us were pretty bummed. Tim said he was going to smoke and asked if I'd watch the set. I nodded, and he left me completely alone on the stage. I picked up his guitar, and started to play. I played "Best Thing In Town" by Green Day. Well, orginally Sweet Children. Everyone at Gilman thought I had a crush on Billie Joe seeing as his band was the only one I refused to talk to. He was kind of cute.
Just when I finished the song, Tod walked in.

"Sarah, are you crazy?! You're going to get us both fired!" He yelled.

"No one heard me."

Tod sighed and walked to the back. My guess was that he was going to talk to Tim. Then I heard something.

"I did." A voice said.

I quickly looked up. The person staring at me was the guy from the park. It was Billie Joe. My eyes got wide and my cheeks turned red. He smiled. Instead of smiling back, I got up and ran to the restrooms. I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Billie's P.O.V.

Sarah is it? I didn't know she liked our music. She's even more amazing up close. I didn't know she knew Tod either. I wonder how they know each other. Guess I'll have to find out.