The First Time I Caught A Glimpse of You

Chapter 4

Billie's P.O.V.

3 Days Later

Well, my girlfriend moved three days ago. She didn't come to the show either. In a way I was upset, but I was also somewhat relieved. I was still quite curious about Sarah. I planned on doing some investigating. I figured I'd start at Gilman.

When I got there Larry was teaching some kid to play drums. He was pretty good. He looked as if he were my age. I then walked to the back to find Sarah's locker. When I found it, I noticed that it didn't have a lock. Lucky me. I checked around to make sure no one was in there with me. The employee locker room was empty. I opened the green, paint-chipped locker; she had some pictures in it. Most of them were of her and Tod. She had some pictures of the locals too. I saw a little notebook, and I contemplated whether or not I should open it. I didn't think she'd be crazy enough to leave her diary somewhere accessible. Autographs filled the pages. She had a few blank pages with the name Green Day along the top. I decided that I'd get her the signatures she needed. I put the notebook in my jacket, and went to talk to Larry.

Larry introduced me to the kid he was playing with. His name was Frank; he wanted to be called Tre'. I asked Larry if I could speak to him for a moment. He nodded as he got up from his drum kit. Then we both walked outside.

It was quiet outside for that time of day. Both of us lit up our cigarettes, and took a drag.

"So Billie Joe, how's the material coming?" Larry questioned.

"It's almost done. We're looking for a permanent drummer. John decided that he was worn out. He also mentioned something about college." I told him.

"Tre' is a damn good drummer." He said.

"I'll talk to Mike," I replied.

Larry went to go inside. "Hey Larry. I need to ask you something." I said.

"Sure thing." Larry replied.

"Do you know anything about Sarah?" I asked.

"Oh. Tod's little sister." He smirked.

"That's his sister?" I asked somewhat shocked.

"Yeah, she's a quiet one. That's pretty much all I know." He said with a slight smile.

"Thanks Larry.

He left. I was disappointed that all I found out was the fact that she's Tod's sister.They must've been close. I pulled Sarah's notebook out of my jacket. I opened it, and started to write the song that was supposed to be for Lila, but turned out to be for her. It was "Only of You". After signing the page, I headed to Mike's house.

When I got to his house, I showed him the notebook. He chuckled as he signed it. After he returned the book, I put it back in my jacket. Then I told him about Tre'. We talked about it for a long time. We decided to give him an audition. I called Larry so we could get ahold of Tre'. They were still at Gilman, so that's where Mike and I headed, bringing material with us. Mike also brought his Peavey, and I brought Blue.

Once Mike and I got there, we warmed up for a bit, giving Tre' time to study the sheet music. Tre' joined us in playing "Knowledge". He played the song perfectly. For some reason, he sounded better than John. I glanced over at Mike. He nodded, meaning that he liked him. Mike and Larry finally talked Tre' into playing the next show with us. It was in two weeks.

I still hadn't figured anything out about Sarah, which bothered me.