Status: This isn't supposed to offend, I'm sorry if it does

Rainbow Pride

Chapter 13

Six o’clock came around quickly, and as promised Kaden arrived to pick me up. Since nobody else was home, I grabbed my wallet, phone and jacket from the living room, and followed Kaden out the front door heading towards Laura’s house, which wasn’t to far from where I lived.

I could tell by the way he kept looking at me, that he was nervous and wanted to talk, but if I was honest I didn’t know what to say.

“Are we okay babe?” Kaden asked finally breaking the silence, which had fallen between us.

“I don’t know… are we?” I replied causing Kaden to stop me.

“What does that mean?”

“It means that I don’t know… I thought we were but…” I said looking at Kaden before continuing, “You came out to your family Kaden, and that was a huge step… but then your friends arrive and I got pushed back to being just your best friend again.”

“I didn’t…” Kaden started but fell silent when I held up my hands to stop him.

“I get it… they’re not a part of our group, and you don’t hang around them regularly, but it hurt Kaden… maybe I’m over reacting, perhaps it isn’t as big a deal as I’m making it, but I’m not going to lie to you about how I feel.”

“I wasn’t trying to hurt you, I haven’t seen them in a while, and if I’m honest with you… I panicked,” Kaden explained stepping towards me, “I’m sorry for hurting you… I don’t want to fall out with you babe.”

“Neither do I,” I replied, “In future if you’re going to introduce me as your best friend, can you warn me first?”

“Deal, so are we okay?” Kaden inquired grinning when I nodded my head, “Let’s go show our faces at Laura’s.”

He took my hand, and we headed towards Laura’s house, arriving ten minutes later. We only stayed for a couple of drinks, before heading home and going straight to my room to avoid my mum, who was working in the living room.

I put on a film, joining Kaden on the bed, and relaxing when he wrapped his arms around me. It was an hour, before someone knocked on my door, and I paused the film.

“Come in,” I said a little nervous about who was on the other side.

“I’m ordering Chinese, do you boys want anything?” My dad asked as he poked his head around the door.

“The normal for me please dad,” I replied looking over at Kaden.

“The same please,” Kaden added with a smile.

“Okay, I’ll bring it up when it arrives, and boys…” My dad stated waiting until we were both paying attention before continuing, “Keep it above the sheets in here.”

“DAD!” I shouted chucking a pillow at him as he left the room, laughing as he went, “Oh my god, he’s so embarrassing.”

“He’s pretty funny actually,” Kaden whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek and pressing play on the remote.

Rolling my eyes and shaking my head in mock disbelief, I settled back down to watch the film, smiling when Kaden laughed pulling me closer.