‹ Prequel: Disenchanted

Objects in Mirrors

Rain matted her dark dreads and her brown e desperately blinked away the drops. It took everything I had not to drop to her knees right then and beg for her forgiveness. But she expected better of me and wanted me to be happy. In some form or another.

“Is that really what you want?” she asked, her voice cracked and made me feel twice as bad. I was the one who requested the divorce. And now that things were going my way, I was starting to see things from a different point of view.

“Yes Adrienne.” I choked on my own thudding heartbeat as I forced out the name of my 'ex' love of my life.

“It's what I want.” I assured her with a weak smile. At first I couldn't be sure if she bought it. I bit my tongue so hard I tasted blood. I waited to her her reassuring words that would promise me that we had grown apart and just weren't good for each other anymore. And began to panic whe they never came. I reached descreetly into my pocket, my clammy fingers locking around the bottle of anxiety pills. I put a few in my hand and faked a cough. Covering my mouth with my hand and tossing them in as I did so.

I choked them down and let the sugary sweet feeling overtake my mind. And thoughts of Her, the other half crowded my mind. I blinked rapidly, clearing my sight of mixed rain drops and tears. My hair was matted to the back of my neck, mixed with the sticky feeling of persperant.

“Okay...” she finally spoke. Mostly to herself. Turning halfway around and looked at her car parked across the street. She turned back to my with sad, sorrow filled eyes, leaned in and wrapped her arms around me in what would be our last hug. She pecked my lips in what would be our last kiss, and she smiled, a small smile, but still enough to make my heart explode like it did two years ago when I stood in my mothers backyard, I stood there in a rented tux while she walked towards me on the imaginary isle, in a dress she bought at Goodwill for 20 bucks. A nervous smile playing on the edges of her coy lips. And when we said “I do...” I was the happiest man alive.

But apparently, flames do die out eventually. Except for one, it burns so bright, still after two years of painful seperation. She is still my other half.

“Be... Be safe. And happy, I'll always love you.” she assured me, pecking my cheek once, less passionately, and turning and quickly fleeing down the drive to her car, driving out of sight and out of mind.

•••••A/N: Ok, I got really crafty with the love story between He and She. Disenchanted, is She's version of the breakup and all the good stuff you guys don't know about yet. This story is His version. No names have been placed on either character, so you are all in suspense! Haha I'm so mean.
Anyways, you can read both stories or one half. Not both will be nessicary to read the sequels that will come after, if you've already read Disenchanted, this one is not nessicary but will help you understand better, ok let's get this show on te road! Prepare yourselves for Disenchanted Part 2, Objects in Mirrors.