Big Toe

Big Toe
Little Johnny was attached to his toes just like you and I are. He took his toes everywhere he went. Johnny was a weird sort of child, for beginners he had hair as orange as summer sunset. Buck teeth that were so severe that people would sometimes call him Johnny Beaver face. Even though it sure as heck wasn’t original. Johnny was quite proud of his feet in general, he would often show off to classmates that he could bite his own toe nails. Although he loved his feet somewhat fetishly, the one thing he would not do was leave them uncovered when he was sleeping at night. Little Ginger Johnny hated the dark but he mostly was afraid that if he left his toes exposed at the end of the bed that someone or something would get em. Johnny’s big brother Tommy was a real jerk. Not just to Johnny but to everyone he was something of a local bully who relished the fact that he was tough. He also was happy that he wasn’t a orange haired freak like his little bro so much so that he would also join in in making fun of Johnny. Johnny always thought to himself that one day he would show Tommy, get him back big time. When he thought about it it was one of the few things that made him happy, even put a smile on his face. On one summer day while Johnny was at school one of his classmates named Horace approached Johnny while he was on the play ground.
“Hey Johnny”, he said.
“Hey Horace what’s up?”
“Nothin just having a sleepover wondering if you want to come?”
Johnny thought to himself that they were not really friends and why would he want to hang out with him. Johnny pondered for a moment knowing that something sinister could be a play but he wanted friends more than anything so he replied.
“Yes”
“Where and what time Horace Johnny/”, echoed with enthusiasm.
“Tomorrow, my house around 7.”
“See you there buddy “Horace responded with a joker like grin.
Little Johnny longing for friends did not read much into Horace’s wide smile.
After school Johnny raced home so he could tell his Mom and Dad that he had got invited to a sleepover a real life sleepover. When he got home it was strange, there was a dark cloud that seemed to linger over his house and the closer he got to his front door the colder it had become. Johnny grasped for the door handle when Tommy pulled it open first, almost pulling Johnny into the house as well.
“What do you want Jerk? Tommy yelled aggressively.
“I do live here Johnny” replied.
“Not for long asshole” Tommy screamed while raising his fist in the air.
Johnny thought to himself as he walked up the stairs what was that supposed to mean. Tommy was always mean but never to the point of violence. Johnny walked up the stairs and aging a shiver crossed his bones he knew something was wrong but he continued with what little excitement was in his day.
When Johnny finally go to his room which was littered with clothes on the floor and a wall full of random posters. He looked around and thought to himself this is an awesome room ,Johnny smiled to himself and fell asleep at his bed. Johnny was dreaming that there was a dog nibbling at his toes. At which he jumped out of bed pulled his feet close to him he reached for his bedside lamp and shone it about the room there was no one there. Johnny slowed his breathing and just chocked it up to a weird dream that he was having, so real it felt. Johnny went downstairs to see his mom and dad but again they were not home. This was unusual for them, they were usually home before 6 and now it was 9 o clock. Johnny was so frightened that he even called out for his big bro Tommy but there was no response. Little Johnny was too afraid to eat because even though he didn’t have many friends he had never been by himself. He went back to his room to cry himself to sleep. While Johnny was sleeping he had yet another dream but this time he saw a set of eyes in the dark making growling noises as they licked his toes. He
awoke pulled his feet close this time something else tugged at his feet in the opposite direction. Johnny screamed out in terror as he felt a slimy hand hold tight of his foot. So he pulled harder and whatever it was let go. Johnny turned his lamp on for this time he knew it was no dream that he was having. He scanned the room and in the corner he saw a set of eyes that glew like a firefly in complete darkness. So he shone back in that direction he saw Tommy laughing to himself.
“See I told ya I would get you” he said.
Tommy left the room and Johnny let out a sigh of relief and sobbed to himself on his bed. It took awhile but Johnny actually did fall back asleep. He dreamed fondly of mom and dad wherever they might be. He woke to the sound of mom and dads voices in his room telling him to wake up. Johnny woke up in excitement, but this time his legs hurts and he was jostling around in a pool of something wet.
“Johnny wake up” they said.
He looked about and did not see them except 2 sets of eyes glowing in the dark. As He reached for his lamp he wondered what was wet in his bed. Did he pee the bed again, Tommy had given him quite the scare. Johnny turned the lamp on and there was mom and dad smiling in the dark with blood stained faces.
“What’s on your faces ? he asked.
“Why Tommy of course” they responded at the same time in erie voices.
Johnny scanned his lamp around the room to get a better picture of what was happening, he saw a trail of blood leading into his room. He scanned again and he saw a trail leading from his bed to mom and dad. His heart raced as he had a sense of what was going on. Johnny started to cry as he reached for his blanket. Mom and Dad started laughing and licking their lips Little johnny pulled back the blanket and he shrieked at what he saw.
His feet were gone and he was shuffling his ankle nubs in a pool of his own blood. Mom turned to dad and asked.
“Anyone up for seconds?
They looked at Johnny with sick smiles on their face and approached the bed .
“Johnny screamed out Nooooooooo!!!!!!