The Pack

Chapter One

The world is not always as it seems. A person could be the nicest person on the outside but be a murderer on the inside. Bella Swan found that out when she met Edward Cullen and her life was turned upside down. She had a child with him and is now a vampire. The child is now a year old and in danger once again. The Volturi have decided that Renesmee is a danger to the vampire kind again. This time, they will bring their full army plus as many recruits as possible to storm The Cullens. The Cullen’s Patriarch, Carlisle Cullen, knew that his family and their friends could not hold them back like before and he decided to cash in his last favor from a very old friend. He gathered his family and the pack together in the backyard. “The Volturi can not be stopped this time by diplomacy. I have decided that we need to ask for help from an old friend of mine. There are rules now in order to go there. You have to follow everything they say to do. You do it without question. Remember, we are doing this for Renesmee.” Carlisle said and Edward took a step back. “You aren’t saying what I think you are saying…” Edward said and Carlisle nodded. “Yes. I am.”. Jake looked at Carlisle said asked. “What are you saying we should do?” Carlisle straightened up. “We are going to ask the help of the American Werewolf pack who resides in the Rocky Mountains..” Sam shook his head. “We are werewolves.”. Carlisle shook his head. “No. You are shape shifters. These are actual werewolves from the legends.” He said before adding. “Follow me and do not wander from the trail. When I stop, you stop and do not go ahead of me.” Carlisle looked at his family and The Shape Shifters. “This is for our safety.” He then took off into the woods with his family running after him and Shifters took off after them.
The group travels for 2 days, stopping once and a while to feed and rest before a strong smell of dog, much stronger then the Shifters' scent began to hit their noses. The group heard snarling and something running on either side of them before Carlisle slid to a halt. The snarls got louder around them before a roar sounded through the forest and glowing eyes of yellow and green lit the dark forest in front of them. Carlisle took in a deep breath before saying. “I would like to speak to the Beta in charge of this sector!” Soon the eyes began to move and shift upwards and to the sides before a pair of blue eyes appeared. “Carlisle Cullen… It had been a while hasn’t it?” A young woman stepped out of the shadows and into a spot of moonlight; her bright blue eyes slowly went back to the brown they were naturally. “Claire, Nice to see you again. We need to talk to the Alpha, urgently.” Carlisle said and Claire raised her eyebrows before seeing the pack behind them, the growling and snarling got louder behind the Beta and she held up her hand. “I have some requirements. Those shape shifters cannot be in that form. They have to be human if they are to come with you.” Sam growled as if to say “Fat Chance” and Jake snapped at him, giving an Alpha order. The Shifters slowly changed back and put some clothes on. “Very good. Now follow me. Don’t worry. The others wont attack you if you do not present a threat.” Claire said and turned her back to walk away. Carlisle took a step forward and the others followed. They were now in Werewolf territory.
Claire walked at a pace that they could keep up with and the group noticed dozens of glowing eyes around them. “How many are there in this pack?” Paul asked. “194, soon to be 196 when the two women who are pregnant give birth.” Claire answered. “We have three, as you would say it, hunting ground that surround The Den. The outer ring is my and Andrew’s responsibility. He takes the North and East side and I take the South and West side. The second ring is most dangerous because that sector belongs to Adam and Thomas and the rest of the testosterone filled young males of the pack. If someone can get passed them then they are pretty good.” She commented before two young girls sprinted out of the shadows and took down a grizzly bear with ease. The two girls couldn’t be older then 14. Their faces were wolf like but also human. Elongated teeth and their face was a mix of a wolf and human but the two girls looks like they were preppy girlie girls. They have pink dresses on and heels with their hair pinned up with their make up all perfect. When they both stood up, not a drop of blood was on their dresses. Then three boys came out and picked up the bear to bring to The Den. “We are responsible for the hunting and outer protection. After they are initiated into the pack, they’re sent to either my sector or Andrew’s sector to be trained in hunting among other things.” Claire explained. “Initiated?” Jared asked. Claire turned to him with a smirk as they reached a rocky canyon and passed a large crevice. Claire went over to the edge and pointed down. “The newly changed ones are placed down there and they stay down there until they climb their way 200 feet straight up. The reason we do this is because when they are fresh, they are very dangerous and need to be contained until they calm down enough to think of a way to get up the wall. Once they do then we know that are ready to start their training.” Sam then looked down the crevice and saw at least 24 people down there, fighting, roaring and scrambling up the walls, their eyes black as the night. Good thing the moon was full and bright. "Why aren't you freaking out under the full moon?" Quil asked, making Claire laugh. "The whole 'going crazy under the full moon' crap was something one of the first werewolves made up to scare humans but on full moons our wolf side does peak a little more but nothing big."
The group continued on their way before they noticed above them, dark figures with glowing eyes were following them from a few hundred feet up. Threatening snarls and growls echoed around them as shadows and figures moved around them. They passed a few large rocks before seeing the glowing of yellow and green eyes were closing in on them. Then a loud and dominant roar echoed and two grown young men jumped onto two large boulders in front of the group with glowing blue eyes. “Hey Babe.” One said and smirked. Claire rolled her eyes and said. “Hello Thomas.” The other one Adam was eyeing the group before locking eyes with one of the females in the group. Leah’s breath hitched in her throat slightly as she tried to ignore the glowing feeling inside her. Thomas smacked Adam before saying. “Safe it for mating season next month!” Adam snarled at him before looking at Claire. “Who are they?” He asked in a baritone scruffy voice. “They are requesting to see The Alpha. Carlisle Cullen would like to use up his last favor and one of you is going to have to take them to The Den.” Claire responded. The two men looked at each other before Thomas said. “Rock Paper Scissors to see who stays.” He held out his fist. Adam smirked before saying. “One, Two, Three!” Thomas held out Rock as Adam did Scissors. “Ha! You get to go!” Thomas shouted and Adam snarled before tackling him off of the boulder. The Two Betas fought for a good while before Adam walked out victorious and Thomas followed. Both had cuts that were healing. In the moonlight, the group noticed Thomas and Adam were covers in giant scars all over their bodies and faces. Adam cleared his throat before saying. “Shall we continue? I hope you all can keep up.” He smirked before taking off in a flash, leaving behind a cloud of dust and a few rocks shot into the wall of the canyon.
The group of vampires and shape shifters took off after Adam, The Cullens kept up easily but The Shifters had slight trouble since they weren’t in their wolf form. The group travel for another hour before they came upon a small town like village in the middle of the woods. Houses were every few feet and were two stories high but looked rustic and old like they were built 100 years before. Women and Men were outside, some were skinning animals, some were doing woodwork and others were helping repair some of the houses. Adam slowed down and turned to the group with a smirk. “Welcome to The Den.” He said. They followed Adam to an area with a large house with the words ‘BETAS” painted onto the front door and a group of guys in the front lawn. Two of which were fighting while the others cheered them on. The few girls were on the porch talking. Adam waved at them before going down a long path to a large home with two large double doors in front and stone steps leading up to them. Sitting on the stone railing was a very handsome man with red hair, sharp facial features and bright blue eyes. His face looked wolf like without being in wolf form. He had a hard look on his face as he read the book in his hands. When he heard Adam and smelled vampire his eyes shot up and they glowed blue. “What is it Adam?” He asked and stood up. “They would like to speak to The Alpha, James. It’s Carlisle Cullen.” Adam replied. James stiffened slightly but nodded. “I’ll be right back.” James went inside for a few minutes before returning, opening one of the doors wide open.
Inside, the group could see very bright glowing red eyes and the click of heels against the marble floors. A young woman with shoulder length black hair and an angelic like face, fair flawless skin with rosy cheeks, stepped out of the house with a smile on her face as she walked down the steps and stood in front of Carlisle. “Carlisle Cullen. It has been a few years since I have seen you. Esme, How nice to see you again.” She hugged Esme. “I hear you would like my help. Correct? What is wrong? Oh, Please come inside. I can see you call need to feed and I am certain that the shape shifter would like something to eat. Please come in.” she welcomed them with open arms. Her voice was filled with authority and kindness. The Shifters were hesitant at first but the group headed inside the large home. The interior of the house was like a castle. Large paintings of past Alphas and their mates and children., carpets that had beautiful patterns sewn in, the heads of various animals on the walls and many doors. The female Alpha opened one door to a large dinner table and motioned for them to sit. Another man in a bloody apron walked out and the young Alpha asked him to bring some of the animal blood in large cups for The Cullens and some of the meat stew in large bowls for the Shifters. “My pleasure, Ms. Alpha.” The man smiled and went back to the kitchen. The young woman then sat down in her seat. Carlisle smiled at her. “Thank you for gracious hospitality. I would like to ask you for you help in protecting my family. The Volturi has decided to take back the diplomatic agreement against not killing my granddaughter and my family. My granddaughter is a Halfling, Half vampire and half human. They think she is a threat to our kind and they believe we violated the rule about turning children.“ “You have a granddaughter? Oh, I am so happy for you, Carlisle!” She smiled brightly before she nodded, “They are the reason my kind are in hiding, that we have to take so many precautions to protect ourselves. I have to think of the nearly 200 lives I am in charge of protecting. Here is what I will do. I will let them vote on it. Even though I am the Alpha and my word in law, I do not want nearly 400 people putting their lives on the line if they do not wish to do it in the first place. In the morning, I will put it to a vote and I do hope that I can help protect your family because you protected mine when we needed it. I want to use my Alpha position to just say we are going to do so but I do not wish to be a tyrant or dictator.” She said and Carlisle nodded. “I understand that.” He said before a few teens walked out with tall glasses of blood and bowls of stew, setting them in front of the desired person.
The Shifters had to restrain themselves from scarffing it down and The Cullens sipped on their glasses of blood. “Now as it is 1AM, I open up my home to you if you would like to rest. The extra rooms are just up the stairwell on the left if you wish. “ She said before looking at the little girl on Edward’s lap. “Is that her?” She asked and Edward nodded. “This is Renesmee.” The Alpha smiled. “Renesmee, what an odd name.” She said before asking. “How old are you, Sweeite?”. “I am one, Ms. Alpha.” Renesmee said back. “She is one of those that grow at an accelerated rate I see. I have a few Halflings in my pack as well. Half werewolf, half human but not half vampire.” Alpha replied with a smile before asking the rest of the Cullens how they were doing. She then looked at The Shifters. “Ah. The Quileute Tribe Shape Shifters, My father heard about your tribe and how everyone was calling you werewolves so he went to investigate only to find out that you were shape shifters. He was disappointed when he found that out because he would have liked to have another scouting pack…” She commented before Leah spoke up. “So you are the Alpha of nearly 200 werewolves and a female. How do you keep your status as Alpha from guys trying to take over because they think males should be Alpha?” Sam looked at Leah as if to tell her to shut it. Alpha smiled widely. “You see, as Alpha, I have extremely enhanced werewolf abilities and unlike my pack, I can fully go into a wolf form that is much larger then your wolf form. I can stand on two legs and be nearly 10 feet tall with claws that can cut through tree trunks and jaws that can snap a bone from a blue whale in half. My roar can be heard for 100 miles or more. My hearing and sense of smell is greater then my Betas. When someone challenges me, I have the clear upper hand” The Female Alpha smiled. “How many Betas do you have?” Leah asked. “Well, my main Betas are Claire, Andrew, Thomas and Adam but the others that you probably saw on your way here are for scouting trips or a fill in if one of my Main Betas gets sick or injured.” She explained and Leah grinned slightly. She noticed that half of the Shifters were falling asleep. “I’ll have James show you to some rooms where you can rest.” The Alpha smiled before James walked in as if on queue. The Shifters nodded slightly and were too tired to object. The Alpha leaned back in her chair and smiled at The Cullens. “What did Carlisle do to protect your family?” Bella asked.
This made the Alpha perk up. “My Pack had fallen ill with a serious illness and our own doctor had died so my father searched for a doctor and found Carlisle. He struck a deal with Carlisle and Carlisle helped heal the pack. We are in debt to him.” She replied. “Then why are you putting it to a vote!?” Rose stood up and shouted, making The Alpha stand up, her eyes glowing red and her teeth elongating, snarling threateningly and her claws extending from her fingers. James ran through the doors upon hearing the disruption and his teeth elongated as well. No one threatened his mate. Carlisle reached out his hands between the two women and Emmett pulled Rose away from the table. The Alpha straightened her posture and cleared her throat as she transformed back to normal. Carlisle went over to Rose and said. “Do not speak out of term again, Rose. The rules are different here. She could reject to help us all together even if I have some pull. Mind your mouth.” Carlisle hissed at her and Rose straightened up and said. “Sorry.” With a slight attitude. The Alpha raised one of her eyebrows and then looked at James. “I’ll retire to my room. Good night Cullens.” She said before standing up, her pleasant attitude had completely disappeared. James followed after his mate before closing the door behind them. Edward and Bella turned on Rose. “Rose! You could have just jeopardized them helping us! She has to put it to a vote because, unlike us, she has 200 lives at risk! What were you thinking?!” Bella shouted at Rose. “She has a debt to pay with Carlisle! She shouldn’t have to put it to a vote! She has the power to order 200 people around without them questioning her!”. “Part of being a leader is thinking about everyone else’s thoughts about things too, Rose! She could just tell them what to do but then she would have an uprising! She can still refuse to help us now that you have offended her after she welcomed us into her home and her territory.” Edward snarled at his own sister.
Rose sighed and crossed her arms before looking at Emmett to back her up but he didn’t. “I’m with them Rose. We need their help and you can’t just offend her and still get her to help us.” Emmett told her and she gasped before storming out of room and outside. She walked down the path before pack members surrounded her. Rose was now terrified. As she saw the glowing eyes getting closer and closer, she screamed and The Alpha came out and roared, sending the members running and whimpering. The Young Alpha looked at Rose before tuning on her heel and heading back inside. The vote would take place at 10AM when the Night Watchers come in.