The Pack

Chapter Two

The rest of the night was spent in separate rooms throughout the castle like house. Rose and Emmett stayed in different rooms. Esme and Carlisle had a room that was decorated so wonderfully that Esme was taking notes on how to make her guest room like that, making Carlisle smile. Edward, Bella and Renesmee stayed in a room that had a smaller bed for a child in it plus had a few children’s toys for her to play with. The small child was happy and picked up a porcelain doll with shiny, long brown hair. “You know, when I was human, Dolls like this were made specially for a little girl. The doll makers made the dolls look like them plus, in some cases, the doll’s hair was made out of the little girl’s hair. This doll is very precious so please be careful.” Edward told his daughter and she nodded, placing the doll back down. Alice and Jasper found a room that was glorious and stayed in the bed the rest of the night. When sunrise came, The Alpha and James stood out in the main entrance and said. “If you wish to come to breakfast, they will be serving it soon in The Den’s center.” Knowing very well everyone could hear them.
The two mates waited until The Shifters, Alice and Jasper, Esme and Carlisle, Edward, Bella and Renesmee and Emmett came out. Rose refused to come down. “Lets go then.” The Female said and led to large group up the path and into a now busy Den. The Betas were setting up tables in the large courtyard for everyone to eat at. The smell of freshly baked bread, muffins and waffles filled the air. The Alpha led the group to a rather large one story home with the words ‘Mrs. Johnson’s Bakery’ engraved in a large piece of wood above the doorway. A kind looking middle-aged woman walked out covered in flour with a large smile on her face. “Some of the members went to the town and bought me 100 more bags and cartons of ingredients so I can make a proper breakfast for The Entire Pack plus your guests!” She said excitedly. “The menu today is Muffins, Waffles and Biscuits! Mr. Johnson is cooking up the bacon, sausage and eggs. Our children are making the juice and gravy as we speak.” She said smiled widely. “Everyone. This is Mrs. Johnson, The Pack’s main baker and her husband is the man you saw last night. He is The Den’s butcher. Their children are cooks as well. Mrs. Johnson is going to bake herself to death one of these days.” The Alpha explained and joked. “Oh, pish posh! Baking is my life’s purpose and I am honored to do it every morning. Thank you again for getting me 2 more professional ovens. They come in handy everyday.” Mrs. Johnson said to Alpha before entering her bakery again.Alpha smiled as she was happy to do it. Right next to Mrs. Johnson’s Bakery was the slaughterhouse, which smelled greatly of blood and meat.
Right on the other side was a small store ran by their children for anything else that couldn’t be freshly made. “Mrs. Johnson’s pies are to die for.” The Female said with a smile. The group could now see how many children were actually living there because they were out and about, helping with setting the tables and helping their parents with the morning chores. Some parents pulled their children away from the strangers.
Adam then walked out of the woods with a young boy and smirked. “Another one made it up the wall.” He explained and The Alpha looked at the young boy. “Let him eat and get cleaned up and changed before bringing him to Andrew’s sector.” She smiled at the young boy and Adam brought him into a home to get washed up before Adam returned to his sector. When breakfast was finished being made, a few Betas took a few large bowls of everything to the pack members outside of The Den. The Alpha didn’t like to bring Adam and Thomas’ sector into The Den because that group had the tendency to want to fuck every female. Andrew and Claire’s sector couldn’t leave because they were the first lines of defense. The Children were to get their shares first and sit down before the adults. The whole process was like a huge buffet line. Everyone got as much as they wanted because they had plenty to go around. “The leftovers are packaged up and driven to the town and given to the Outreach program there. Only 75 members are allowed to drive to town. The reasoning behind this is so we don’t have people going everyday to town and drawing more attention to where they are going once every two weeks. We alternate who goes so they won't get recognized that easily. We have 10 different trucks and two are sent to bring in supplies we need.” The Alpha explained as She, James and her guests sat at their own table.
Mr. Johnson had collected animal blood and had glasses ready for The Cullens. “You have an entire working community in the middle of The Rocky Mountains and humans have not discovered this?” Jasper asked, making The Young Alpha laugh. “When humans just so happen to cross upon The Den, we give them a choice of joining us or making them forget they even saw us.”. “What exactly would that be?” Jake asked, a little hesitant. “You see, there are many plants that cause severe hallucinations and we have them drink a mixture of them and send them back to town. Even if he were to say he found us, no one would believe because when he was discovered, he was hallucinating. Don’t worry though, we don’t give them enough to kill them. In Extreme cases, we do have to eliminate them and dispose of the body in a respectful manner.” Jake spoke up "What about the satellites? they can see everything around the world." Alpha looked at Jake. "We have a member who agreed to make sure they don't see us. They work for the government so they classified this area as a military base and it is blurred out on every digital map. Even if they were to discover it, the member will make sure it will not happen again," She explained before a little boy walked up to her with glowing purple eyes. “Ms. Alpha. I picked these for you from my mommy’s garden.” He explained and held up a few dandelions. “They are beautiful. Thank you Jeremy.” She smiled and the little boy grinned before walking back to his mother. “When they have purple eyes that means they were born a werewolf.” She explained with a smile. “He is only 4 years old and it is nice that he picked flowers for me.” She laughed slightly. Everyone was slowly realizing that she was their Alpha but… she didn’t abuse her position. She led her pack with kindness and respect not brutality and intimidation. They trusted her with being their leader because she was a leader, not a dictator. The young Alpha smiled when an elderly man walked up to their table and she pulled out his chair for him at their table.
“Mr. Wellson. How was your visit with Dr. Larent?” she asked as the man sat down slowly. “Oh you know, he examined me and said that for my age, I was very healthy.” He smiled before he began to eat slowly. “This is Miles Wellson. He and his wife took care of me when my mother passed away and my father was away.” The Alpha smiled. “And now look at you. You are Alpha!” He said happily. The group chatted and laughed until the clock rang 10AM and a group of large, scarred, rough looking middle aged men walked out of the forest. “They are the Night Watchers. They are professional trackers and hunters so if they lose a scent or need to find someone who they do not know their scent, they can find them and if they see that person at the threat… well, you get the picture. They roam the forest around The Den and the roads leading here.” She explained. The men sat at a different table and ate their breakfast. Soon the Betas she sent to deliver the breakfast to the others came back with their votes on what to do. She cleared her throat before getting up and walking over to the high stand where everyone could see her. “Can we have a clap for The Johnsons for cooking this amazing breakfast?” She asked and clapped as the others clapped and shouted. “Now, to business. You have noticed that a group of Vampires and Shape Shifters have joined us. The reason they are here is because they asked for our help in protecting them from the very people that made us go into protected hiding.” She announced and a loud gasp from several people were heard and murmuring. “I am putting this issue up for a vote. Some of you remember the illness that Carlisle helped us get through. Please take this into consideration. The outer protections have put in their vote and 80% of them say yes. Now it is time for the rest of you to vote to either help them or send them on their way. Raise your hand if you say yes to the protection of them.” She said and she watched as one by one, members raised their hands. James took a count of the hands and write down the number.
Once James finished calculated the percentage and handed her the number. “All right, the majority of The Pack voted-“ she looked at the number. “To help them.” She said and looked at her guests with a small grin. “I will ask them if they would like to stay with us or return to their home.” She looked at Carlisle who looked at his family and The Shape Shifters. They were all in agreement. “We would like to return to our homes and pack up a few things before returning here.” Carlisle said and Alpha nodded. “I’ll send Adam and a few from his sector with you. If they try anything just smack them on the nose or something.” She joked and got a laugh from everyone. The Alpha walked down to the group. “I’ll have Colleen walk you to Adam and Thomas and have Adam select a few to take you back to your homes.” She said before Sam spoke up. “We have our imprints, mates, back there, unprotected. I ask your permission to bring them with us. They will not tell your secret as they have kept ours. Please, I couldn’t bare it if anything happened to Emily.” Sam said softly. The Alpha looked at James and he looked down at her. “If we were in the same situation, I would do the same thing.” He said softly and she nodded slightly. “You may bring them but there are some conditions. They are to help around The Den in any way possible, as will you all. I will have places for all of you to stay while you reside here. Colleen will bring you to Adam and He will take over from there.” She smiled softly before James placed his arm around her waist and held her close. Carlisle grinned slightly before saying. “We shall be back in 4 days. Thank you. Renesmee, can she stay here for the time being?” he asked and she nodded. “Of course.” He nodded before Colleen walked over and smiled softly. “Please follow me.” She said before leading the group back to Thomas and Adam’s sector.
At the moment, they all could hear a fight going on and they came upon a large group of about 75, roaring and shouting at two of their members fighting viciously in the center. Thomas was watching up on the tallest boulder. Adam and another male were fighting each other, slicing each other with their claws and biting like animals would fight. Thomas looked and saw the group before jumping over to them. “He challenged Adam’s authority and now are fighting it out.” He explained before the male that challenged Adam was thrown against the side of the canyon and walked away whimpering and limping. Adam let out and roar of victory and returned to his human form, his skin welded back together as he walked over to Thomas. Leah raised her eyebrows at Adam’s shirtless chest and tilted her head to the side. Seth saw his sister doing that and made a disgusted sound and face. Leah looked down at her brother and smacked the back of his head before looking back at Adam. Colleen said. “Adam, Alpha said to take some of the guys and take them all back to pack their things and return here.” She said and Adam smirked slightly. “Alright. I’ll select a few and take them back.” He said and looked at Leah, doing a once over before walking over to the group of guys, yanking a few out of the group and shoving them over to the edge of the Canyon. “Lets go Vampires and Knock offs!” He shouted as he began to walk out of the Canyon. Leah walked quickly with the group before Emmett looked back only to see Rose running as fast as she could to the group. Emmett held onto her as a group of young werewolf men skidded to a halt after seeing Emmett with her. “Horny little pricks!” Rose snapped at them before walking with Emmett. Since it was in the daytime, the forest was stunning and full of life. The group could see the many green and yellow-eyed werewolves around them easily. They saw young girls and boys, teenagers being taught by adult to fight and hunt.
They didn’t look at all like werewolves, just a group of people teaching younger ones. A teenage boy decided to jump out at Adam and Adam grabbed the teen by his head and tossed him back. “Nice try, Lyal. Better luck next time.” The teen looked up at him and huffed. “I’m telling Mom!”. Adam stopped walking and looked at his little brother. “I would like to see you try and tell mom, you little wimpy tattletale.” Adam replied back to his little brother before smirking. Lyal glared at Adam before growling at him and Adam kicking Lyal in the groin, making Lyal shout and whimper loudly as he clutched and rolled around on the ground. “Tell mom that you little punk.” Adam laughed slightly as he looked back at the group. “He is my little brother so you know, I have to make him miserable at times.” He laughed before continuing to walk until they were not in Werewolf Territory anymore. As soon as the Shape Shifters were out of the territory, they went and phased, relaxing slightly. Adam raised his eyebrow when he saw Leah in her wolf form before smirking slightly. “Well, since I do not know the way, you lead. Boys, you stay close to the group, NO WANDERING.” He said and the group took off towards Forks and La Push. The group had to stop a few times to feed where they witnessed how werewolves hunt and eat their prey, which disgusted most of the group. After two days of traveling, they all arrived at Forks and La Push. Adam and another went with the Shape Shifters to La Push and the others stayed at The Cullen Home. Seth had left to go help Jared, leaving Leah and Adam alone in the Clearwater house.
After Leah packed her bag, she went up to Adam and asked. “Do you know what Imprinting is?” She looked up at the 24-year-old male werewolf. “I’ve heard about it, Why?” He asked in his baritone, scruffy voice that Leah found to be so sexy. “Well… it's when you find your soul mate by looking them right in the eyes… their beautiful green eyes… and they fall in love and want them to be happy at all costs. I guess what I am trying to say is-“ Adam chuckled. “You’ve imprinted on me.” Adam finished her sentence and looked down at Leah with a smirk on his face that Leah found extremely attractive on him. “When I saw you last night, I thought you were beautiful even with that scowl you had on your face.” Adam said to her. Leah smiled softly. “Your smile is even more beautiful.” He complemented her. Leah looked up at him and then jumped up to kiss him full on the mouth, yanking him down to the kitchen floor with her.
The Shifters were waiting at Sam’s house for Leah and Adam and getting impatient. Seth groaned and went to his house to see what was taking them. “Leah! Come on! We are waiting on you so we can- OH MY DEAR GOD! LEAH!” Seth shouted and covered his eyes, running out of the kitchen. Adam lifted himself off of Leah slightly and looked at Seth before Leah covered herself. Both adults laughed slightly before getting dressed quickly and Adam grabbed Leah’s bag. Seth made the grossed out brother sound and Leah smirked. “You shouldn’t have came back home.” She said before Adam laughed slightly and they headed to Sam’s house where the Shifters and their imprints were waiting. Everyone already knew what had happened between Adam and Leah and were kind of grossed out. “Let’s just get to the Cullens so we can leave.” Jake said and Sam scowled slightly at Adam. Even though he imprinted on Emily and loves her deeply, Leah was his love before he changed and he still had feelings for her. Adam still had a smirk on his face as they headed to The Cullens yard. When The Shifters arrived, The Cullens had large backpacks packed with everything they might need. The group looked around at each other before heading back into the forest for the two-day trek back to Werewolf Territory.