The Pack

Chapter Four

Later that night, when The Den was getting ready for dinner, Alpha was with James, laying his head in her lap because he was exhausted from the fight. That is another bad thing about being a werewolf. Being in your wolf form for a long period of time exhausts your body and mind, draining you of all energy. They were just outside The Den near a small waterfall and pool of crystal clear water with water flowers in the water with an abundance of animals around them. Frogs, fireflies, fish, and a few deer on the other side of the pond surrounded them. “I did good right? I fought good? I defended you, my mate. Out of any guy who courted you, stronger guys, better looking guys and you chose me. Why did you choose me?” James asked softly as he traced her face. “I chose you because you didn’t want me for being Alpha like the others. You wanted to court me as your mate because of who I was on the inside. We’ve known each other for 150 years and you courted me 75 years ago. We grew up together, we are best friends and lovers.” Alpha relied to her mate. “I don’t care if we can’t have kids, Alpha. Just being with you makes everything worthwhile. You are mine and mine alone and no one will take you from me while I am breathing. You are my mate.” James said to her and Alpha smiled. “And you are mine as well.” She said to him before leaning down and kissed James on the lips softly. The two talked for the longest while.
In The Den, Emily, Esme and Mrs. Johnson were getting alone swimmingly as the two loved cooking and were having a glorious time cooking a large dinner of Chicken Alfredo with garlic bread and steaks with sautéed mushrooms, baked potatoes and broccoli. Mr. Johnson and a few Shape Shifters were cooking the meat while the others helped set the tables back up. A few of the Pack members were getting out musical instruments to play music while they ate. Alice was miserable at the moment, as she couldn’t use her powers due to being around Werewolves and Shape Shifters. An elderly woman saw Alice being miserable and made her way over to her with a steaming cup of tea that had a mixture of herbs and plants. “Drink.” The woman said with a thick Romanian accent. “Relaxes brain for vampires. Old family recipe. Help your mind. Drink. Drink.” She encouraged Alice and she nodded, not expecting it to work. After about 5 minutes, Alice’s mind stopped throbbing and she could see and think clearly. “This… is amazing.” Alice said to the elderly woman. “How did this work?” She asked. “Great Great Grandfather was turned vampire. Used this to calm brain. Was very smart man with mind great with herbs and plants. Figured this out. Need anytime, find me.” She said before walking back to her house. Alice was in shock at this and was amazed by the hospitality of The Pack, unlike The Shape Shifters. The Shape Shifters were hostile and aggressive right off the bat while The Pack welcomed them with open arms and only fought back if they were threatened. That was one of the traditions, welcome everyone with open arms and respect and only defend when threatened. They were not mindless killers as the movies, books and TV shows presented them as. Alice looked to see what The Volturi were planning and they kept changing when they were going to attack. This frustrated Alice and went to find Jasper who was chatting with some werewolves that were alive when he was human. They were discussing what happened after Jasper was turned and having a great time. The Cullens noticed that the werewolf smell did not bother them as much as the Shape Shifters scent did.
Bella was walking around The Den before seeing a lone house right outside of The Den. Her curiosity got the best of her and she went up to the house and looked inside. The inside reminded her of a Voodoo man’s house and she saw the door swing open. Bella looked inside the house from outside through the door. “Come in, Mrs. Masen-Cullen. Come in…” A male voice with a thick New Orleans accent said and he appeared out of the shadows near the back of the house. Bella was skeptical but the man smiled at her. “Don’t worry! I am not one of those dark magic evil Voodoo men! I am a Healer and Psychic. Would you like me to look into your future?” He asked and Bella nodded as she stepped into the shop. “People used to call me a Witch Doctor, which I am technically in their eyes but I am mainly a Herbologist, and Spiritual Leader. Now, ask me a question and I shall answer it with ‘Voodoo’. “ He smiled and Bella was nervous but needed to know. “Will my family survive this? Will my daughter be ok?” Bella asked and He nodded before he started to perform a ritual in order tell Bella something to ease her thoughts. He took in a deep breath before deciphering what the ritual had resulted in. The man gasped loudly and back away from Bella slightly. He saw the destruction of The Pack, The Cullens and The Shape Shifters. “You will survive but no one else will. Everyone will die while your daughter lives on. No one survives. The Pack, Vampires and Shape Shifters…. Everyone dies.” He said and looked at Bella who covered her mouth in horror. The man then raised his hand and said. “There is a glimmer of hope. They request that your husband join them. If they have something that they want then they will leave. No one will die and everyone will be able to go home, alive.” He said and looked at her with worried expression.
Bella wanted to burst into tears and the man hugged her slightly before Bella shot off to find Edward. She told him everything that the man said and Edward flashed over to the man. “What did you say to my wife?” He asked and the man looked at Edward. “She asked me to look into the future and I saw nothing but death. Everyone in The Pack, your family and those Shape Shifters will die while your daughter lives on and will be raised by the very people you are protecting her from. Is your daughter’s life worth over 400 men, women and children?” He asked and Edward looked horrified and broken at the same time. He couldn’t let his daughter die when she was his biological daughter but… he couldn’t let over 400 people die… Edward sat down in a chair and held his head in his hands. He was torn as he sat there. “You know… there might be a chance that everyone survives this but it is very slim. It said that if you cut off the head of the snake, the body dies. If we kill Aro then everyone will be free from his rule.” He tried to make it better; Edward nodded and left to find his daughter. Edward found his daughter with one of the wood workers who were showing her how to carve a small wooden dog to give to Jake. Edward closed his eyes and was struggling with what to do. He wanted to watch his daughter grow up, see her through everything that a parent should see their child go through….
Soon the whole Den smelled wonderfully of food and that attracted everyone to the tables. Alpha and James walked back into The Den, holding hands and watched as the children were served their food first and then the adults. A few Betas that were sent to deliver the food came back and got their food last. Nights like these, there were no left overs. The air was filled with the smell of delicious food and lovely music.