The Pack

Chapter Five

The next morning after breakfast, Alpha was helping clean up the tables when they all heard a loud Alpha roar come from somewhere in the forest to the east. A roar like that only meant two things, an alpha in need of help or a challenge. Alpha gathered James and the rest of the Betas in the house and headed towards the roar. “You all need to stay here.” Alpha ordered the ShapeShifters and Cullens. Emmett and Jasper looked at each other before looking at Edward. They would obey unless they were needed. Alpha and her Betas headed into the forest at their fastest speed and came across a pack off adult males. Andrew was standing his ground against the pack as his sector stood behind him, baring their teeth and snarling. “What do you want?” Alpha ordered before the biggest of the group, a 6 foot 5, body builder type man stepped forward. “I want your pack’s females to mate with, including you.” He said with a thick Russian accent and smirked making James let out a territorial roar. Alpha held up her hand to her Betas. “You will not touch any of the females in my pack. You are on our territory and I have more then enough pack members to take you and your pack down. Choose what you do next wisely because I have 75 testosterone filled males on my side that would gladly tare you apart.” Alpha said calmly. The man laughed and said. “You are helping Vampires. You are violating a law your grandfather set in place.” He accused and Alpha spoke up. “Those rules were set into place when Cais was attacking and killing us off. My father suspended that rule in regards to Cullen since he helped my pack recover from the devastating illness that plagued every werewolf out there! They asked for our help and by the Codes, we help those in need! They need protection from the very vampire that tried to kill us all off! The Volturi are coming after them because Carlisle’s son had a Halfling with a human. They think that is in violation of the rule that says they shall not turn children! I am abiding by the Laws! I AM ALPHA! I AM THE DECENTANT OF LUCIAN GREY, THE FIRST WEREWOLF. I AM 312 YEARS OLD AND I WILL NOT BE BULLIED INTO BACKING DOWN!” Alpha snarled and she began to transform. The Alpha male bared his teeth and he attacked the smaller female alpha. The Betas backed off as the two Alphas fought, transforming into their Alpha state. Trees were knocked down and the snarling and crashing noise could be heard from The Den. Then it was all out war between the two groups. James signaled to the Night Watchers to help and his roar echoed to Thomas who then sent 20 of their wolves towards the fight. The young males arrived soon after the fight started and the fight could be heard from The Den. A few wolves had to hold back a few of the Shapeshifters, Emmett, Jasper and Edward. “It is not our place!” One said and shoved Paul back. “Alpha will handle it.”. Then the forest went deadly quiet, nothing could be heard, not a cricket nor bird. The Betas came stumbling back into The Den, covered in lacerations and blood. Carlisle and Dr. Larent immediately started helping them. Some cuts hit the organs and those injuries took longer to heal. Alpha was nowhere to be seen or heard and that was making James frantic as Carlisle pinned him down because he had a laceration that sliced into his stomach. Dr. Larent had to sedate him in order be worked on. Hours passed and still no sign of Alpha. James had woken up and immediately asked if she was back and safe. Carlisle shook his head. “Search parties couldn’t pick up her scent, it just ended. Even the Night Watchers could pick the trail back up.”. Upon hearing those words, James began to cry. “No! She is out there! You have to keep looking!” James shouted and he began to transform. If James transformed then his injuries would only worsen so Carlisle sedated him again. The Night Waters, Edward, Jasper and a few others were still out searching a week later. Alice kept looking and using her powers, watching for Alpha and The Volturi. They followed the destruction path that the two Alphas made and found the other Alpha’s body, crushed and sliced beyond repair but no sign of Alpha. If Alpha doesn’t come back soon, her pack will start a feud on who will take her place. The few members from the attacking pack were killed, as they didn’t want to join them and attack a few children within The Den. Thomas and Adam had fun killing them. As soon as James healed completely, he was out in the forest looking for her, eating freshly killed meat and surviving like an animal would. Adam and Thomas had to bring him back to The Den forcefully and tie him up in order to make him stay. It was early one morning and everyone was still asleep when they heard someone outside The Den and the smell of blood and werewolf hit their noses. James was out in a second to see who it was and saw a mangled, bloody and naked Alpha, barely able to stand. James grabbed the nearest cloth near him, which was a freshly washed bed sheet, and wrapped her in it, holding her close to him before calling out to Dr. Larent. Carlisle rushed out and got there before Dr. Larent could and began to inspect the young woman. “Her body is barely hanging on to what little energy she has left. The injuries are massive and infected; we need to get her to a hospital. I can do anything here.” Dr. Larent told Carlisle to take Alpha and follow him to his house. In the basement was a fully stocked medical room equipped with an operating table, IV stands, and sterilized equipment and anything else a doctor would need. The two doctors worked seamlessly together on Alpha and when they were finished, the two came out and Dr. Larent said. “She has signs that she couldn’t transform back from her Alpha state and exhausted herself. I’m guessing that she went further up north and that is why you lost the trail. The lacerations from the fight had healed but the new ones, we will have to ask her when she wakes up.” He sighed as he took off his gloves.”Why couldn’t she transform back?” Alice asked and Dr. Larent swallowed slightly. “Her father had the same signs before he died, not being able to transform back. It means her mind and body are not in complete communication. Soon her mind and body will not be able to communicate with each other which will eventually, end her life. Our Alpha is dying.” He said sadly. “Isn’t there a way to fix it?” Jasper asked and Dr. Larent shook his head. “ We began to search for one when her father showed signs of this but we could never get it right. She will die in a lot of pain.” He said heartbroken. Carlisle then flashed down into Dr. Larent’s lab and began to work at lightning speed. “What are you doing?” Dr. Larent asked. “If she is risking her life to save my family then I’ll be damned to hell if I do not find a way to cure this. She will not die suffering. She will live or I will burn in hell.” Carlisle said with angry passion. Dr. Larent nodded and the two began to work in the lab.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is a lot shorter then the rest of them.