The Pack

Chapter Six

Alpha was stuck inside her own mind as she slept and Edward could see everything that was going through her mind. Alpha was seeing herself as a small child 300 years ago. Her mother was beautiful like an angel and her father looked like a brute Pirate….

--
Alpha was in her home in Romania with her parents. Her mother had just made her a new dress for her two-year-old daughter and was wearing it. Her father had just walked in from a night of patrol and smiled at his little baby girl. By the time she was born, her mother had been changed into a werewolf. He picked up his little girl and said “How is my precious?” before tossing her in the air slightly and easily catching her. Annabelle was her mother’s name and most people called her father, Kristoff. Her father really did look like a pirate, he had an earring, scruff on his face, long black hair that he kept in a low ponytail, held together with leather. Annabelle had long blonde hair with fair skin, rosy cheeks and deep green eyes unlike her husband’s brown eyes. Alpha inherited her mother’s eyes and her father’s hair. Alpha’s eyes where purple when she was born and shifted between dark green and bright purple. She never interacted with people in the village, only the pack members. They would bring her gifts they and their mates had made for her like dolls and toys. Her mother made most of the clothes for her and her husband, who would sometimes come home with his shredded. Annabelle and Kristoff were like the perfect couple, they loved each other through thick and thin. The two would often be found dancing around the small house that Kritsoff build himself with the help of the pack for her wedding gift from him. It was nothing fancy but Annabelle loved it. They tried for another child after Alpha but it Annabelle just wasn’t getting pregnant. Then when Cais attacked them, Kristoff knew they had to flee somewhere else, leaving everything they knew behind. Kristoff and his Betas fought off the vampires as their mates and children ran for the safety of the mountains. Kristoff and 3 of his Betas made it back to the mountains alive. The mates and children of those who perished had a choice to stay here or go with them and they all chose to stay with Kristoff. The group traveled from Romania to Paris, taking all back roads and staying away from the main roads, killing wild animals to avoid killing livestock as Kristoff knew that those animals were someone’s livelihood. He would carry his daughter most of the time because he was protective of his one and only children. He would show his young daughter how to skin an animal, where their weak points were to strike them. He taught his daughter everything he knew so if anything happened to him, god forbid, she could take care of herself. When they made it to Berlin, they had to change clothes, as their clothes were now falling apart. Annabelle and the other women distracted the clothing shop owner as the men stole fabrics and other things needed to make their own clothes. Kristoff didn’t like to steal but since they didn’t have money to buy the cloth and they needed to change, he had no choice. Annabelle and the other women sewed and made their clothes before changing into them. Kristoff still wore all black and boots. The Pack made their way to Paris where they lost a few more pack members to sickness and a vampire attack by Cais. By the time they made it to English Channel only half of the Pack was alive and with them. Kristoff held Alpha the whole boat ride to London as she slept. Annabelle knew how much Alpha meant to him and knew he would do anything and everything, including giving up being Alpha to make sure she was safe and happy. When they finally made it to London, Kristoff had to fight off a few men away from Annabelle and his daughter as they tried to kidnap them as did The Pack. They had to stay in London for a few days and they found 20 lone werewolves without packs around the city. Kristoff planned to board a ship and then take it over, forcing the captain to sail to The New World. Kristoff didn’t know what he would do when they arrived but once there he would think of something. The group sailed the seas, losing a lot of the crew to sickness even though they tried to help them get better. The Captain saw they were good people just trying to start over and he didn’t fight them. When they finally reached North America, they parted ways with the Crew and Captain before heading into the forest to find a place to settle down. The group traveled for miles and days before finding themselves in near the Appalachian Mountains where Kristoff decided that they were to settle there. The group built a small village by hand, making the tools, cutting down the trees, and building the houses among many other things. After about 2 months of living there, Native Americas became curious and attacked the village of intruders on their land. One warrior picked up Alpha, making her scream and cry, getting the attention of Kristoff. That was when he began to transform into his Alpha state and the Natives backed off, seeing the man turn into a giant wolf with glowing red eyes. The Chief instantly got on his knees and bowed down, his tribe following in suit. Kristoff then slowly went back to his human form and looked at the Natives. The Natives had a deep respect for wolves and dogs in general and thought if this man was half wolf then he must be respected. From then on, The Natives helped the village with gathering food, hunting and raising the children and vise versa. The two lived together in respect and harmony. The Chief even made Kristoff and his pack Tribe members. The Pack helped fend of other settlers who tried to take the land and the Natives helped keep other Natives from taking the village. The Tribe treated Alpha like a princess, as the child of the Mighty Wolf was certainly special. They taught her how to do things like they did, how to tan hides and make them into clothing, how to make bones into beads among many other things. Alpha was excited and happy to learn which made the Tribe happy to see the young girl smile and laugh. Alpha would play with the other children in the Tribe and even a few fathers asked Kristoff for his daughter’s hand in marriage for their sons but he always said no. He would let his daughter choose whom she wanted to marry. The two groups lived together until Alpha was 15 and then tragedy struck. In 1716, Cais discovered where they were and attacked. The Tribe tried to fight the vampires off but all died fighting. Annabelle also died, protecting the young children of both The Pack and The Tribe. Cais ripped her heart out of her body right in front of Kristoff and Alpha. Everyone heard the fight that took place next, Kristoff roared and turned into his Alpha form, ripping apart any vampire that he got a hold of. Alpha did her part as well. The two nearly took out the entire Volturi army, leaving Cais for last. The two closed in on Cais but then Jane and Alec attacked the two, Alpha’s screamed ringed throughout the forest as Jane used her powers in her. Kristoff attacked Cais but his daughter’s screams distracted him and the three got away. Kristoff held his daughter to him as they both cried. The Pack members that were left helped bury the Native Tribe and their pack members respectfully. Kristoff lived the rest of his life with the guilt that he was responsible for the entire tribes' destruction. He decided to salvage what they could and head West. They took the long routes through the forests of the North, to stay hidden until they came upon another mountain range. Kristoff made the choice to build another settlement here and put in place laws for his Pack.

1. One shall help with everything, You do not help, You do not eat.
2. When someone asks for help, no matter whom, you shall help them.
3. Vampires are to be killed on the spot without hesitation. If their eyes are red, kill them.
4. If a challenge has been issued to you, you must take the challenge or be cast out of the Pack and stripped of all titles.
5. You shall not kill any livestock or humans only wild animals.
6. We protect our own.
7. Alpha has the final say in changing someone into a werewolf as an Alpha’s bite completes the cycle.
8. There will be an outer protection, split into a North and East sector and a West and South sector. The next sector will be the young and aggressive males then The Den.

Over the years, laws were added and changed, as Alpha got older. Alpha chose to stop aging at the age of 22 and was now a beautiful young woman with courtships offered to her from one male after another that she said no. Alpha wanted to fall in love with her future mate and not just be attracted to them sexually or physically. She wanted a deep connection with her mate, like her parents had… In 1834, another devastation struck The Pack. A serious illness affected every werewolf in The Pack and by the werewolves that later joined confirmed that every werewolf in the world was effect by this. The illness is still unknown years later. Kristoff issued Alpha, who was not effected yet to find a doctor, any doctor as the pack’s doctor had died. Alpha rode on horse back to the nearest large town, who directed her to the nearest big city with a hospital. Once there, she found a doctor and begged him to help. Alpha knew he was a vampire and she also knew that he would be more help then a human doctor. She promised that if he helped them that he wouldn’t be killed. Alpha took the doctor to the Den and Carlisle Cullen got to work on The Pack. She said to her father that he would be the only one who would be qualified to help them and that his eyes were not red. Kristoff let it happen before his daughter got sick as well. Carlisle helped heal a majority of the pack members after a few months. Kristoff thanked Carlisle immensely and said that he was welcomed on his territory anytime and he was in his debt for several lives over. Carlisle moved on after that and The Pack continued living, adding more and more members over the years.
In 1864, Alpha was walking around the forest and came upon a farm that wasn’t there a few years before. Alpha watched the family for the longest time, as she was curious about humans. She spent most of her time with werewolves, very rarely with humans. Alpha took a liking to the oldest son, James and watched him take care of the horses. One of the horses was his favorite and he would take rides along the forest line. Alpha wanted to meet him, even though her father would probably kill her for it. Alpha stood by the forest line in a very simple grey dress, almost like the women farm hands would wear and waited for James to mount his horse and ride towards her. What Alpha didn’t expect was a Grizzly Bear stalking her. She was so preoccupied by James that she ignored her senses. When she did finally notice the bear there, she screamed, getting the attention of James. James pulled out his gun and galloped over to where he saw her run out of the forest line. When James arrived he shot the bear and his horse helped kill it by kicking the bear in the face and stomping on it. When the bear was dead, James nearly threw himself off of his horse and rushed to the girl who was sitting on the ground. “Are you alright?” He asked and knelt down to make sure she was alright and not hurt. When Alpha looked up at him and the two locked eyes, both felt like they were looking into the heart of the universe. James had never seen a more beautiful girl in his 24 years of being alive. The scream and gunshots got the attention of his father and his brothers who ran over to help. The youngest brother also took a liking to the mystery girl and smiled like an idiot until James punched his shoulder. His mother was the sweetest woman there ever was, as Alpha put it, she was the real life Molly Weasley. Alpha loved to read books and it only increased with James since he loved reading as well.
Betty and Walden Jefferson and their sons James, Peter, Wallace and Anthony all lived on a small farm and the whole family loved it. James loved his horses, Peter was in charge of the cattle, Wallace was in charge of the repairs and Anthony was in charge of all the other animals like the pigs, chickens, dogs and cats. Their dogs took an instant liking to Alpha when they insisted, well Betty insisted, on bringing her inside the house for dinner, as it was getting dark. Alpha knew her father would be looking for her as soon as the sun went down but Alpha didn’t care at the moment. The family took an instant shining to Alpha and they asked for her name, Peter said. “She looks like a Laura honestly.” He joked and Alpha nodded. “You all can call me that then.” Everyone smiled and after a few hours, everyone heard a loud pounding on the front door and Walden opened the door to reveal Kristoff. “Hello, my daughter has seemed to have been lost. Is she here?” He asked with his thick Romanian accent and all the boys stood up and stood in front of Alpha. They didn’t like the fact that Kristoff looked like a mean brut, wearing all black with his long black hair in a low ponytail bound with leather with facial scruff and an earring. Alpha excused herself after thanking them for their hospitality and walked outside with her father, who didn’t look particularly happy. James took a step forward to stop her from leaving but his father placed a hand on his shoulder to stop him. Kristoff and Alpha walked into the forest and when they were deep enough into the forest, Kristoff turned to his daughter and said. "I told you not to go anywhere near humans as they will kill us! Is this what you’ve been doing all day for weeks!?” He yelled, his eyes turning red. Alpha’s eyes turned bright blue and she shouted back. “No! This was the first time I’ve had contact with them! You can’t keep me tucked away from humans forever!” Kristoff panted slightly and said. “That boy with red hair had a look in his eyes that I didn’t like when he looked at you! You are never to have contact with them ever again or I will chain you in your room until that human is dead!”. Alpha’s eyes turned back to green and she started crying softly, making Kristoff sighed deeply and his eyes turning back to brown. “I’m just protecting you from being hurt. Those humans will hurt you…” He said softer. “Mother fell in love with you even though you were one… Why couldn’t that happen to me?” She asked softly and Kristoff sighed. “It could but you are not ready for that just yet." “I am 162 years old, when am I going to have love?” she cried softly. “You will find it but not now…..” Kristoff said and they headed back to The Den. Weeks passed and James couldn’t get her out of his head,.He packed a small bag and told his family he was going to go hunting for a week but in reality, he was going to search for 'Laura'. James searched the forest for days before he came upon her with 2 muscular young men and what he saw next almost made his heart stop. He saw his girl take down Mountain Lion with ease and the two men picked up the lion and took it away. James stepped out and stared at the girl who haunted his dreams. Alpha turned around and gasped loudly out of surprise. “Please! Don’t run away from me… Please. I-I can’t stop thinking about you.” James said quickly and Alpha looked at him. “Are you not…?” She began to say but James shook his head. “Don’t get me wrong, I am terrified right now about what I just saw and your green eyes are bright blue but…. I don’t care. I found you.” James grinned at her and she smiled slightly as her eyes turned back to green. Kristoff watched this from a distance and growled slightly before seeing the way they looked at each other. It was the same look Annabelle had when she looked at him. Kristoff showed himself and James instantly pulled Alpha behind him. Kristoff then said. “Do you love my daughter even though you’ve barely met?” He asked and James nodded. “Yes.” “Are you willing to do anything for her?” “Yes.”. Kristoff stood in front of James, who had fear in his eyes but determination too. “Are you willing to become one of us?” He finally asked the most important question. James took a step back and said. “If my family can come too.” He said with a shaky voice. Kristoff scowled slightly before nodding as he growled, his eyes turning red and his teeth elongating. James’s eyes widened in terror before Kristoff bit James deeply, making James reach back and Alpha grabbed his hand and held it tightly. Kristoff pulled his head back and James fell to the gorund and screamed in pain as his body began to adjust and transform into a werewolf. The transformation was extremely painful as his bones broke and reformed, his blood felt like it was boiling and his teeth snapped and began to grow, his fingers began to grow claws and his eyes began to change completely black before a roar of pain echoed into the forest. The transformation would last only a few hours but he would be put in the pit until his hormones and mind calm down enough to where he can climb out of the pit, if he survives that long. Not all who are bitten become a werewolf so if he wasn’t killed by the transformation or the other newly transformed wolves then he would survive. He was brought to the pit by one of the Betas before Kristoff went to the farm only to see it was on fire. Kristoff roared into the forest and his wolves came to the rescue. They put out the fire and saw that his family was missing. He had some Betas and others search for them but found nothing. When James finally climbed his way up from the pit, he was told of this and shouted that it was the Collins family. The Collins family wanted all the land surrounding the small town and they went too far. Kristoff gave his blessing for James to get revenge, as it was a good way to see if James could handle a fight. James showed up at the Collins home and the whole family was terrified to see James. He demanded to know where his family was and the patriarch said. “Check the town’s pig sty.” With a laughed and James went on a rampage, leaving nothing behind alive. Kristoff didn’t like the idea of killing but when he heard what they did to James' family, he looked the other way. It took years before James became good enough in Kristoff’s eyes for his daughter.
When Kristoff began to not be able to transform back from his Alpha state, Alpha found the recently changed doctor, Dr. Laurent to help. He and his assistants tried to cure it but sadly could not. Alpha was in a constant state of worry and sadness, crying every night in her sleep, not even James could help sooth her. After two years of suffering, Kristoff finally died but not before passing his Alpha status to his distraught daughter. The whole pack, even those who were on the furthest edges of their territory could hear Alpha’s cried and screams for her father to come back. The transformation to Alpha is painful, even more then being turned into a werewolf. Alpha cried and screamed in even more pain from losing her father. The Pack mourned for the loss of the strongest Alpha that has ever been for years and still do. James helped Alpha slowly heal from this and still helps her to this day. Alpha and Carlisle’s paths have crossed a few more times since her father’s death and she has led The Pack the best she could. Now… she is about to die like her father did, in pain if they didn’t find a way to cure the condition that was now affecting her….

--

Alpha gasped as her eyes flew open and she panted slightly. She didn’t know what happened and didn’t know where she was. James was right by her side and kissed her softly but firmly as he whispered. “You’re ok… You’re alright…” over and over again. Alpha held onto him and cried, scared out of her mind.
Edward walked up to her after seeing what she was seeing in her mind and said. "We will help you in any way we can. You will survive to see the world end. I promise you that." Edward said, feeling the most guilty about this then ever.