The Pack

Chapter Seven

Alpha looked at Edward and said. "This is not your fault at all Edward.". She looked at the young man before they left her alone to get dressed in jeans and a shirt. When she walked out and into the yard, she was hugged by her Betas before James joined her by her side. Alpha scanned the crowds before spotting Bella. "Bella. Come take a walk with me." She said and silenced others who insisted she rest. Alpha walked with Bella, who was now fearful that Alpha wasn't going to help them anymore but she kept her mouth shut.

The two walked a ways into the forest and Alpha stumbled a bit as she was still recovering. "Bella. I am risking my entire pack to protect your daughter. A mother should not have to see their children die. James and I have tried to have children but it always ended badly. I was pregnant 5 times and they ended with 2 still borns, two miscarriages and one who survived until he was 2. Lucan died from unknown causes. One day I just found him dead in his cradle, he died in his sleep. I do not want you to go through something like that." Alpha said to Bella, who was shocked and saddened by the story.

The two finally came upon a small stone building and Alpha opened the stone door easily before they descended a flight of stairs. "This is where we bury the Alphas and their mates. My mother and father are here along with items from past Alphas and their mates. They are still buried in Romania, hidden from the humans." Alpha explained before pulling a lever which lit up the large underground tomb with natural light.

The room was made entirely out of stone with little alters for each Alpha and their mates. 5 little alters were next to each other with one toy in front of each tiny stone coffin. The sight saddened Bell dearly before at the very far end, was a large stone coffin and one beautifully decorated Urn. "My Mother and Father. He went back for her body and had her cremated. I had this place made so my family could be together in once place." Alpha explained before her fingers brushed against Lucan's coffin.

Alpha's eyebrows then furrowed as she saw her father's coffin had been disturbed. The lid was off a few inches. "Help me move the lid, Bella." She requested and the two women removed the lid only to have Alpha back up and cover her mouth with her hands.

Kristoff looked like he had just died the day before, he was not a skeleton... Alpha called for Larent and Carlisle, knowing they could hear her if she shouted. When the two showed up along with Edward and James, Alpha showed them Kristoff. "This is impossible..." Dr. Larent said before giving the male a look over. "He does not have any indications that he was decomposing. It is like he is just frozen but he does not have a pulse or anything that would indicate he has moved." He said, scratching his head and Carlisle looked like he was in deep thought.

"I don't know what to think. He should be bones by now..." Carlisle said before Larent went over to Lucan's coffin and lifted the lid off to see if Lucan was in the same state but he was not. He sighed and placed the lid back on. "I have no idea what is going on..." He muttered before there was roaring coming from The Den, signaling something was wrong.