Status: This is the first story I have written and published and plan on continuing. To anyone who reads this I hope you like it, it is based on real events that too place 2 years ago. It's also on wattpad. Well anyways, enjoy.

Can't Let Go

Introduction

The dark room Stacy is in became dimly lit as the door slightly opened to let in a light she hadn't seen for days. Isolated and alone, she keeps to herself in hopes of one day to just disappear all together. Days get harder for her and lonelier but with every might in her she manages to hold on and cherish the life she has. She doesn't want to die she says, she wants to be free. EShe wants the lies to stop, the people to go away, she wants the drugs to stop fueling her along with the alcohol, and she wants to be able to live without that kick from a substance. Numbing herself with thoughts of one day ending it herself and inflicting pain on her once clean wrists just to feel something other than the emptiness they left her with. But what gets to her the most is those late nights when she's unable to sleep. She's left there to think about things she's suppressed from her everyday life. Faking a smile to herself just to be convinced it's going to be okay.

Sadly though, as quick as the light came in, it burned out, taking her hope and life away.

Sitting on the edge of a bridge, unable to see anything but she hears the water running. The current is dangerous at this time of night and she knew that. The sound of the crashing waves against rocks was loud like the memories of her past. She just wants the voices to go away so she can think clearly. After a half an hour of sitting there and getting lost in her thoughts, she arose from her seated position and stood up on the edge, towering over the far fall from her destined desire.

"Stacy." The calm and soothing sounding voice said quietly from behind Stacy.

Immediately Stacy spun around and tried to search for this person who seemed to be near her. But who would be out at this time of night, other than her voices? Squinting at the darkness that surrounded her she had no luck in seeing anyone.. or anything at all for that matter.

She let out a sigh and turned back around to be met by the face of the devil himself. Laughing and taunting her he reels her into his grasp and she soon finds herself drifting away into the underworld. Before she notices it she's hanging over the edge of the bridge at a dangerous angle. This could be it, she though to herself.

Do it. Jump.

"Stacy wait!" The frantic voice shouted through the thick darkness. The same voice from earlier. Stacy turned back and looked at her friend who was desperately calling her name, asking her to step of the ledge. That exactly what she did too. Stacy turned back around, blew a kiss to nothing in particular, and stepped off.