Hearts on Ice

Succumbing to Frost

There was deathlike silence and a chill spilled throughout her being while she stood in a black abyss.

She stood erect and unmoving, afraid to take a step towards the nothingness that surrounded her like a suffocating presence. Her hands were clammy, near frozen, and trembling about as she wrung them anxiously.

Below her, the floor began to illuminate, fresh fallen snow being shown to her bright blue irises. The smallest of smiles graced her features, her crystal-like eyes seeming to glow warm with fondness at the sight. Scooping up a bit of the white powder, she admired its beauty and fragile state before she tossed it into the sky, the snow scattering about and falling down upon her and the ground with grace.

Her smile faltered and panic flashed within her eyes when she noticed the snow wouldn't stop falling, more of the powder descending around her.

The snowfall grew thicker, the winds beginning to whisper warnings about what was to come into her ears, and when she stood frozen in fear, those whispers turned to howls. With the rigorous winds came blankets of snow that were laid down, trapping her where she stood.

The flurry of white spun around her and her visibility became zero.

Her heart pounded away in her chest, her eyes growing wider with terror.

The blizzard swallowed her up, snow encasing her in a pure white casket.

Elsa had succumbed to the frost.


“Elsa!”

A girl in her teens shot upright from her bed, her white as snow hair falling about her while parts were matted together from sweat. Her hands went to her chest almost as if to calm the erratically beating heart within, her blue eyes darted to where the voice had emanated from, and her voice softly called out to the person who had called her, “A-Anna, what is it?”

Elsa's younger sister, Anna, stood in her doorway with a confused expression etched upon her features, her strawberry-blonde hair pulled into two neat braids and her blue eyes held their usual curious gleam. “It's time for school.”

“Oh...” Elsa sighed out, nodding her head to acknowledge that she was now in reality. “I'll be ready in a bit.”

Anna smiled and closed the door after she left, leaving Elsa to slowly gather herself and push her wicked dream from her mind. “It was just a dream. The cold can't hurt you. It can't.” She told herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to read this story. I hope you're enjoying it so far!

This story will be set during modern times, but there are probably going to be flashbacks to Arendelle and such. I'm not sure where this story will be going, how long it will be, or anything else. I'm just writing this out on a whim after watching some Jelsa YouTube videos. ::XD:

Anyways, please comment, recommend, and subscribe!