Stolen Serenity

Spread Wings and Take Flight

Serenity ran through the cold sand as the wind fiercly blew at her face. She stumbled a few times as she made her way through the sand, but soon found her feet trailing into cold water.

"Crap," she muttered to herself. The darkness of the night concealed everything from her eyes and she could barely make out the outline of her very own hand in front of her face.

"Sora?" she called out into the darkness as she picked up her pace once more and traveled away from the water. As she ran, her feet kicked up sand into the air, spilling ti everywhere behind her.

"Sor-" she was cut short as she ran smack into a large figure before her.

"Ow," she groaned as she rubbed her bottom. She could feel a bruise already forming.

"Sorry," she heard a soft voice utter before someone took hold of her hand and lifted her from the ground.

"Sora?" she worriedly questioned, hoping that it really was him and not someone else.

"At your service," he chuckled as he scooped her up into his arms and hugged her tightly.

"You're such a jerk!" she exclaimed as she playfully smack his arm. "How could you leave me like that?! Do you know how awkward that was? He freaking hit on me!"

A burst of laughter erupted from Sora as he clutched his stomach in the darkness. He practically fell into the sand laughing as tear trickled out of his eyes and down his cheeks. "That was hilarious!"

"It was not," she pouted as she folded her hands across her chest. Half in annoyance, half in coldness.

"It was too," he spoke as he took a step closer to Serenity in the sand. She felt his hand brush up against hers for a moment before it was tightly locked in his grasp. "Come on, you should be getting home."

"Aw, but I don't want to!" she groaned as Sora pulled her by her hand through the sand, upset that her fun had come to an end, even if it did involve being molested by Riku.

"Tomorrow will come soon," he laughed at her resistance.

"Not soon enough," she pouted as she pulled her hand out of his grasp and planted her feet firmly into the sand. "I'm not going home."

"Yes you are!" Sora demanded as he raced towards her, resulting in a wild goose chase along the ocean shore. Or should I say wild girl chase.

"You're going home, Serenity!" Sora laughed as he narrowly missed her. She spun around to a halt in the sand and shouted back at him.

"No I'm not!" she protested as he raced towards her. Soon she found herself pulling her body up a tree trunk to one of the palms until she was nestled safely in the middle of the branches, coconuts occupying her for the time being.

"Come down from there! I can't even see you!" Sora blindly called up to her.

"And that's a bad thing?" she chuckled as she plucked one of the coconuts off the branch. "Catch!"

Before Sora could say anything different, Serenity dropped the coconut carelessly down from her place in the tree and listened as the wind whistled against it until it hit the ground.

"Ouch!" Sora screeched as he began to hop around on one foot, the other in his hand. "What the heck was that?!"

"Oops," she shyly chuckled as she watched the dark shadowy figure of him hop around below. "Bad aim?"

"I'd have to say so! You got my foot," Sora winced as he sat his foot back down onto the ground.

"I'm sorry," Serenity apologized as she leaned forward from her spot in the tree. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," he answered back as he attempted to kick the coconut away, resulting in another yelp and wince of pain. "Will you just come down here already?"

"Fine, fine," Serenity settled as she began to move down the tree. She positioned herself on the trunk, steadily placing her feet on each side. As she descended, a rustle in the bushes caught her attention and she froze in place.

"What was that?" she questioned. Her eyesrapidly moved around her surrounding as the rustling grew louder, and before she knew it a large, black raven was flying out of the brush and straight into her.

"Ahh!" she screamed as she lost her grip on the tree trunk. She down towards the ground, waving her arms around frantically as she tried to beat away the bird that was attacking her.

"Serenity!" Sora shouted as he raced to catch her before she hit the ground. He could only identify the outline of her body falling and hs legs weren't moving fast enough.

"Serenity!" he called again as he watched her hit the ground.

Serenity's eyesight began to grow darker than the outdoors already were. She suddenly felt herself becoming lightheaded, and before she could protest...

...she was falling into an even darker shade of black.