Stolen Serenity

An Uneasy Awakening

*I have no idea what Sora's parents' names are, so I'm making them up.*

Serenity stirred in her sleep, her eyes feelings as if they were glued shut. She attempted to lift her arms, but found they were tightly tucked underneath a blanket that laid on top of her.

She mumbled a few words under her breath as she forced her eyes open, blinking a few times. But before she could adjust the the lighting and figure out where she was, a warm damp cloth was applied to her forehead, filling the dips around her eyes with water.

"I see you've waken," a soft voice greeted her ears as she reopened her eyes.

"Where am I?" Serenity questioned as she began to sit up in bed, only to be pushed back down by the mysterious woman.

"You're in a safe place. I'm Cecile, Sora's mother," she patted Serenity's forehead with the cloth before leaning back into the rocker that she had sitting by the bedside.

"How long have I been here?" Serenity questioned as she groaned in pain. Her backside was killing her from the fall.

Memories from the night washed back into her mind. What was with that raven suddenly attacking her? What did it want?

"About three days," she replied as she place her hands in her lap. She examined Serenity. "You seemed to have a pretty nasty fall. What happened up there? Sora said once minute you were climbing down and the next you wer on the ground, blacked out."

"I think I was attacked by a raven," Serenity quietly spoke, unsure if she even believed it herself.

"That's odd. The other day there was a raven perched on Sora's windowsill, pecking at the glass," Cecile rubbed her chin as her mind wandered into deep thought.

"Where is Sora?" Serenity asked as she started to worry about how he had been while she was out.

"He's hanging out with Riku and Kairi. Apparently they were going for a swim and to work on a raft they have been working on for quite some time now," Cecile smiled as her glance traveled out to the window which faced the sea. Little figures of the group could be made out, and two were racing quite quickly through the sand.

"Do you think I'm alright to go out?" Serenity questioned, not wanting to put herself into more pain.

"You'll be fine," Cecile pulled down the covers off of Serenity. She looked down at her bruised legs and spoke.

"Just make sure you don't fall again. Your bruises might get worse," she lifted Serenity from the bed by her hands and smiled her way before leading her to the door.

"Thank you for everything, Cecile," Serenity smiled as she opened the door and closed it behind her.

"You're very welcome, dear!" Cecile shouted after her through the open living room window as Serenity tracked through the sand.

Cecile suddenly closed the curtain and locked the door before turned to the darkened corner of the room and smirked.

"Did you give her the formula?" a slurred voice slipped out from the shadows in the corner of the room. A wooden rocking chair creaked as it rocked back and forth, even though Cecile could not see it.

"Yes," she smiled evilly as she peeked through the curtains to Serenity. "I injected it as she was sleeping."

"Very good, very good." the voice laughed menacingly as a pair of yellow eyes began to glow through the darkness, illuminating the silver hair around the dark face. "Now all was have to do is wait."