Stolen Serenity

Feels Like Magic

Serenity walked through what seemed like the endless lengths of a narrow passageway. All forms of light forever lost by now, she guided herself with her hands that brushed against the rock-like wall. Occasionally, she fell into a small opening or stumbled over a random vine but she was overall able to keep herself upright as she traveled.

A light suddenly emerged from the end of the tunnel she was lost in. Excited that she may be almost to the end, Serenity begin to pick up her pace as she was on the edge to finding out what exactly she was being led to.

After what felt like eternity, she found herself walking into a small opening. The walls were enshrouded in tree trunks and faded chalk marking, some appeared to be toddler doodles of stars and swirls while others had significant details. Small mushrooms sprouted through the ground, glowing a dim blue that lit the floor of the cave partially. A hole sat above the top of the small cave, shining in white light that blinded her the second her eyes glanced up.

Her fingers traced the cave wall but stopped when they touched the chalky surface of a drawing that caught her with the most interest. Sketched into the wall bolder than the rest was a drawing of a girl and a boy holding paopu fruits out towards each other.

"Once two have shared a paopu fruit, their destinies become entwined with one another," Serenity spoke to herself as she rubbed her palm over the star-shaped figure.

She continued through the cave, examining all the scribbled artwork until she reached a mahogany door that seemed very out of place. What kind of door would sit in the middle of a hidden cave?

Her hand lightly hovered over the door and a tingling sensation sent its way up her arm, making the hairs stand straight as needles on the back of her neck. She looked around the surface of the door for a way to open it, but there was no handle in sight.

"Not only is it in the middle of a cave... it has no handle as well," she spoke aloud to no one in particular. She placed her hand closer to the door, closer and closer, until her fingertips finally touched the mahogany paint.

A white aura immediately jetted out from behind the door. The once mahogany colored paint turn to one of white and gold as both of her hands pressed harder onto the door. Serenity was so astonished by the events happening that she was frozen in place.

She began to watch as the white glow swarmed up her arms, engulfing them in white as it traveled to her shoulders, across her chest and down to her toes. Before she knew it, her entire body was glowing brightly like a star in the night sky.

She removed her hands from the door and glanced at her hands as she turned to face her palms. Where was this light coming from?

She glanced back up at the door that appeared as if it were about to burst open in an explosion of white, but it remained in tact. Her body was overcome by a tingling sensation.

Moving her hands around, she felt as if she were simply air. Everything moved so easily... she felt like she was floating in the midst of sea.

She outstretched her hand to her left and touched one of the dying tree limbs clutching to the rock walls. The moment her finger laid rest upon the bark, the tree burst into full bloom and the greenest of green leaves sprouted as pink cherry blossoms burst from stems.

Serenity laughed to herself at the magnificent sight and spun in a circle, her arms outstretched as a glitter like aura separated from her fingers, creating a trail behind her movements.

"What are you doing here?" a voice echoed off the cave walls, and in a split second everything faded and reverted to it's original form.

She spun to face where the voice had originated from when her eyes landed on a young boy that appeared to be her age with his arms crossed, watching her with his brows furrowed. He had spiked brown hair that defied all gravity and the most mesmerizing set of crystal blue eyes she had ever seen.

"Uh..." she stuttered as she looked around her surroundings for help of an excuse.

How would she get herself out of this?