Stolen Serenity

Oops?

"So who who exactly are these friends of yours?" Serenity asked as she was practically dragged through the sand by Sora. He seemed extremely eager to introduce her to them.

Serenity on the other hand, was a little afraid.

"Riku and Kairi," Sora replied as he pulled her through more palms until the were hidden away in a jungle of palm trees and wild flowers.

"You all have weird names," Serenity laughed as she tried to avoid swaying palm branches that seemed to be targeting her face.

"As if Serenity is normal," Sora snickered as he tugged on her arm to move faster.

Eventually the two broke through the trees to find more beach, but this half of the island was inhabited by a few small houses. Before Sora could even say anything to Serenity, he was suddenly tackled down the ground, resulting in a mouth full of dirt and sand.

"Aha! That's for shipping me out in the water last night on my mattress!" exclaimed a boy with long silver hair and sparkling green eyes. He laughed hard while clutching his stomach. Trying not to lose his balance, he leaned against a tree trunk.

"Riku, I'm going to get you back!" Sora shouted as he pushed himself up off the ground. "You just wait!"

"I'd like to see you try," Riku replied as he pulled out a wooden sword from behind him and pointed it at Sora's stomach, ready to stab. Sora kicked the sword clean out of Riku's hand and all three of them watched as it crashed into the sand several feet away.

"This is Serenity," Sora spoke, pointing into her direction. Riku clearly hadn't even noticed she stood there, watching the whole scene. His eyes widened as he turned his attention to her.

"Where the hell did you come from?" he shockingly questioned.

"Hello to you too," Serenity spoke as she reached her hand out to him, only to watch him flinch back and then slowly reach out for her hand. She felt like a giant germ no one wanted to touch. Why were they all so strange to her?

"Don't mind him," Sora answered her thoughts. "We've never really had anyone new to the island... besides Kairi of course."

Riku's eyes instantly widened at the sound of Kairi's name.

"By the way, Sora," he said. "Kairi wanted me to tell you something... but I can't quite remember what it was?"

"Well try harder!" Sora immediately demanded. Serenity too the notice of his touchiness with the mention of Kairi. Could he possibly... like her?

"Can't remember," Riku smiled widely and tauntingly at him. "Oh! She went home. She wasn't feeling very well." and with that said, Riku ran off towards the water.

"Idiot," Sora mumbled under his breath as he took Serenity's hand once again.

"Now where are we going?" she sighed as she felt her legs beginning to cramp from all the walking.

"Don't worry, it's not far." he smiled back at her as he lead her along the beach to an over sized, twisted palm tree trunk.

He suddenly turned to Serenity, her facing turning to one of question. He slipped his arms under hers and pulled her close. Serenity's face immediately burned red with shock, wondering what he was doing.

Before she could ask, he lifted her up high into the air and propped her down onto the tree trunk and jumped up, sitting down right beside her.

"I like to come here to think," he softly spoke as he gazed out into the horizon.

"It's nice," Serenity whispered as she too, took in the sight of the water. It sparkled a shockingly bright orange as the sun began to set behind it, disappearing bit by bit as if the ocean were a curtain.

"Sorry for that back there. Riku's not used to new people." Sora apologized as he slipped off his gigantic shoes and dipped his surprisingly small feet into the water, sending ripples everywhere.

"It's alright," Serenity accepted, smiling at him.

"He's got this theory that there are other world's out there." Sora continued, splashing his feet a little more rapidly this time.

"What do you mean?" she asked, her full attention caught on his words now.

"He believes," Sora paused. "There's more out there. Other worlds beyond this island that have things we've never seen, never dreamed of, never would believe if someone dare tell us of them. He's hooked on finding a way to get off this island and to find a way to those worlds."

"That's silly. There's only one world out there. And we're in it," Serenity disagreed as she kicked off her shoes as well and attempted to dip her toes into the water, but realized they were indeed too short.

"How exactly did you get here?" Sora questioned her, his eyes still locked to the horizon.

"Well I came here by..." she pondered for a minute. Now that she thought about it, she really didn't know how she got here. From all she can remember, she was sitting by the front door with her bags. And the next moment, she was waking up in her bed.

"I... don't know," she whispered. "I really don't know."

"Sometimes I believe he's right, that there is a way to get to the other worlds. But sometimes... sometimes it seems so unrealistic." Sora quietly spoke. He turned his attention away from the water and to Serenity. He smiled warmly at her as he watched her stare off into the horizon.

"She's cute," he thought to himself as he took in her details.She had long aquamarine colored hair that touched her mid back, tied tightly in a white scrunchie. Her eyes were a deeper shade of aqua though. They sparkled with the reflection of the orange-shaded ocean and he could see the waves rolling in them.

He glanced down to her hand, resting cold and alone of the tree trunk. He lifted his slowly, trying not to catch her attention.His hand hovered in air above hers, ready to touch.

He smiled to himself as he placed his hand on top of hers. Her cheeks immediately flushed to a shade of pink as she turned her face towards her.

He could tell she was startled by his action, and was about to move his hand. But before he could do so, she smiled warmly at him and squeezed his hand in hers.

Only two seconds had passed since he grabbed her hand, but apparently two seconds was far too long because Sora was suddenly kicked off of the tree trunk and landed with a loud "splash!" into the water.

He quickly stood up in anger that his moment with Serenity had been ruined. He spun around, ready to pounce on whoever had kicked him, but the world froze in place on him.

Standing behind the two of them in the wet sand, stood a fuming red haired Kairi.