Leaving You?

Prologue

I sat him down on my bed, reaching for his hand from the chair seated across from him.
"Aiden..." i said his name calmly, hoping he didn't suspect anything from my cool exterior.

"Emma." he said, looking sincerly at me. I felt the tears building up in my eyes, bleeding over the edge, about to pour over my pale skin.

"Baby..." He looked concerned, squeezing my hand and scooting closer to the edge of the bed.

"What is it? Whats wrong?" The panic in his voice was detectable, and hardly reassuring. It was going to break my heart to have to do this to him. I couldn't tell him. I couldn't, how could do this to him? I couldn't talk. I just stared at him, as a few tears managed to escape from my eyes.

"Emma, you're scaring me..." I wiped my eyes with the back of my free hand, and took a deep breath.

"I have something to tell you, but i can't."

"You can tell me anything."

I looked down, picking at a hole in my favorite jeans. The tears ready to fall again.

"Look at me." His voice was soft.
"I love you. I love you more than life itself, you can tell me anything."

I could hardly contain the hysteria inside me; the sadness that made me want to puke. I could hardly hold myself together. I pulled my hand away from him, gently, and wrapped both my arms around my waist, cringing, letting tears silently flow down my cheeks.

He moved from the bed to the floor, grabbing my hand and pulling me down with him. I moved close to him, pressing my face into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me together, holding me together so i wouldn't fall apart.

"You are my world." he said, his voice shaky. He was nervous. I moved my face, resting my cheek on his shoulder. I wanted to kiss his neck, and make him forget what i was saying. But that wouldn't work this time.

"I love you" I whispered into his ear. He squeezed me tighter,

"I love you too."

"Thats why this is so hard for me."

He placed his hands on my face kissing me. Softly, gently, sincerely. He would always be mine. With this kiss, he promised me forever.

"I'm yours" he said, reading my thoughts like he always did.
"nothing you say will ever change that."

<u mind cleared, i knew i had to do this. The words resting perfectly on my lips,
"Aiden...I'm..."