Thirst for more

Finality

“How do you plan on keeping her safe?” David said in that hard tone I was beginning to hate so much.
“I have no choice. I’ll have to kill him if he pursues her.” I shuddered at the thought of Shane fighting, but David was unmoved. Why was he so angry? Where was the David I knew and loved?
“You’ll need help,” David said, his voice light with hope.
“I have friends I can call,” Shane said tightly.
“You’ll need more than one or two friends.”
“Don’t insult me, David. You don’t really want this. You don’t have the slightest idea about this life.”
“Yes, I do. And I know what I want,” David said, teeth clenched.
Shane just gritted his teeth. Finally, I understood what was going on. David wanted to become a vampire, and Shane was denying him. Everything made sense now. Why Shane was so tense, why David was so cold.
“Why not?” I interrupted. “Why won’t you do it?”
They both turned, remembering that I was there.
“Love, I won’t do it. I won’t condemn him to this. And I won’t turn you either.”
He looked into my eyes, and there was finality to his words.

I looked down at my feet, my thoughts filling my head. Why does David even want to be a vampire? Why is Shane denying him? Worse, why is he denying me? Doesn’t he want me forever?
To my embarrassment, my eyes began to fill with tears, and my head felt like it might explode.
I shook it off and headed back towards the party.
“Um, love? Where are you going?” Shane asked behind me.
“Back to the party. Where do you think?” I said, with a hint of curiosity in my voice.
“Alright then, lets go!” he grabbed my hand and we went straight past the party.
“Wait! Where the heck are we going? The party’s back there!” I complained.
“Out!”
“But where?”
“You’ll see!” He said with a hint of amusement ringing in his voice. We ran towards his car and he opened the passenger door for me. I looked back at the house and I barely saw David standing there on the front porch. He looked angry, and I felt like I’d just ditched him.
He looked at me, and I lipped sorry before I got into the car. The door shut behind me, and the next instant, Shane sat in the car beside me.
“Wow,” I mouthed. He smirked, turned out the driveway, and we raced into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is...finally! Comments=love

XOXO,
Threnody