Dragonshire (This is the original version, extremely different from the other one)

Epilogue-The End

I looked out the window at the starry sky. It had been two years since Salindath's death and Dav'id's near death experience. I sighed, the memory of Dav'id's body falling to the ground still haunted my dreams at times. I sat there, thinking how I would live without him.
I couldn't, I thought. I let images of him fill my thoughts. I remembered the warmth of his hands, the warmth of his lips. I shivered at the memory, his kiss still gave me goose bumps. I was distracted from my thoughts as I heard a knock at my door.
"Come in," I said.
Slowly the door opened and Dav'id entered the room. A smile crossed his face. I smiled back.
"I thought I'd find you here," he said.
"Uh, it's my room. Where else would I be?"
He chuckled. "None the less." Then he grabbed my hand. His eyes were dancing with pink as he pulled me off my seat. He quietly lead me through the palace and to our clearing. He wouldn't let me ask a single question the whole time. He entered the woods and reemerged as a pink dragon. Pink didn't look good on boy dragons, but he didn't care. I grabbed the clothes from his mouth and he quietly swooped me up in his talons.
Mere minutes later he dropped me on the soft earth and I gave him back his clothes. I looked around, and recognized the small clearing we were in. It was just outside Dragonshire, my home town. Silently, Dav'id emerged from the woods as a human. He took my hand and lead me to where the stake I had been fastened to so long ago still stood. We sat in front of it, Dav'id in front of me.
"What are we doing here?" I asked.
He reached for my hands and carefully stroked my palm.
"Do you remember this place?" he asked.
"Yes, but that doesn't answer my question."
"This is where I first lay my unworthy eyes on you. The place I first heard your beautiful voice, your aroma, your stunning eyes." He pressed my hand against the side of his face. "This is the place where I first realized I loved you. Looking back I realized that the fluttering feeling I had felt at the precise moment you came into view, hadn't been nervousness. It was actually my heart telling me you were the one for me."
"Oh, Dav'id." He put a finger to my lips to silence me.
"I love you Katie, and I want you to be with me and share my love forever." Slowly he put a hand in one of his pockets.
My eyes widened as he withdrew a small ivory box and place it in my hand. I opened it and my heart nearly stopped. It was a ring. A small ring with a small diamond that was every color of the rainbow and more. It was the color that had been in his eyes when he had felt complete and true love for me. The golden band the diamond was set in had words engraved into it. It said, Katie, my love, will you marry me? I looked up at and him and realized I was crying.
"Yes," I whispered. "Yes, I'll marry you! Yes, I love you! Yes, yes, yes!" I was screaming now, and I flung myself on top of him and gave him a long kiss. His face couldn't show the amount of happiness that emanated from the yellow in his eyes.
We sat back up and wordlessly, he slipped the ring onto my finger.
"You are the only one for me," he said, his voice the very essence of happiness.
"And you as well," I replied. Then we just sat there, me leaning against his chest, soaking in his love and warmth.
**********************************************************************

Not long after, Katie gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. As she looked down onto the small bundle that was placed in her arms after birth, her smile was the brightest in history.
"I shall name her Ari'elle," were the first words from her mouth. The baby looked up at her, it's eyes wide and changing from one color to the next. It was at that moment that Katie knew that this baby would someday be a great and powerful ruler. She knew she was destined for greatness. She had no way of knowing the dangers and the love her daughter would come to face in the next fifteen years, or of the great evil this girl would have to face.
But that is another story.................
♠ ♠ ♠
How sweet. I started the second story, but never got around to finishing it. It's around here somewhere...I'm sure I could find it if you wanted me to do a sequel like the epilogue promises...just let me know!