Dragonshire (This is the original version, extremely different from the other one)

Moonlight Walk (Chapter 5)

Later that evening, I was surprised to hear a knock at my door as I put on my mother's necklace. (I’d taken it off earlier after Dav’id left to look it over and polish.)
"Come in," I shouted.
I was even more surprised to see Dav'id enter the room when he was supposed to be with Emmalea today.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him, "You're supposed to be with Emmalea."
"I tried to end that as quickly as possible," he said sarcastically. For a moment his eyes were green as he chuckled at his sarcasm. "I still have some extra time," he said, "Want to go for a walk?"
"Sure, I've nothing else to do," I answered calmly even though I was ecstatic inside. Being with him always gave me a nervous and happy feeling.
"Come on then."
He grabbed my hand and we walked out to the palace gardens. The moon was shining outside as we walked down the garden path. The moonlight on his face made him appear luminescent, and I didn't notice that I had been staring at him.
"Why are you staring at me?" he asked.
"What?" I said, snapping back to the present, "I wasn't staring at you."
"Yes you were."
"No I wasn't."
"Yes you were," he said, stopping to putting his hand under my chin and pushing my head up gently to look into his eyes. His eyes were pink as he looked into mine. He stroked my cheek softly and our faces were beginning to close the gap between us.
"No I wasn't," I whispered. I closed my eyes and all doubt about how someone like him couldn’t fall for someone like me vanished. I felt my heart beat faster as our lips drew closer. Our lips were but a finger's width away when a high pitched, shrill voice rang out over the gardens.
"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?" screamed Emmalea as she made her way down the path.
"Nothing! We were just taking a walk," I said quickly, pulling away from Dav'id who had put his arm around me during the moment. I felt my cheeks get red hot as I backed away from her.
"Didn't look like that to me," Emmalea said snottily.
"Well it was!" shouted Dav'id, his eyes flashing red.
Now I know why she wears a red dress, I thought.
While they were talking, screaming was more like it, I managed to slip away unnoticed up to my room.
I think I'd better stay away from them both, I thought, at least until things cool down.
Can we talk? It was Dav'id's telepathy power. I had actually learned to get a hold of his mind while he had been gone. We had made good use of it while he had been out with Emmalea.
No Dav'id, I thought back to him.
Before he could respond, I blocked him out of my mind, another useful trick I had learned, and blew out the candle. I pulled up the covers around my shoulders and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, the moonlight walk. Emmalea has bad timing doesn't she?