Dragonshire (This is the original version, extremely different from the other one)

A Brief Moment (Chapter 9)

A bit later, I lay awake on my bed.
What am I going to do?,I thought, Every time we come so close, then something goes wrong.
I'm coming up,said Dav'id's telepathy suddenly.
Why?,I thought to him.
You'll see.
Then his voice drifted away.
I jumped up and looked in the vanity mirror. I felt I had to look as best as I could. Then I heard a knock on my door and I called for him to come in.
Dav'id walked into the room, his eyes pink. But there was something different about them. A burning determination. The mere sight of it coupled with the pink made me blush again.
He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. It was a long, slow kiss, and I was conscious of the warmth in his lips. They moved, strong and sure against mine, and for a moment I thought for sure that I had died and gone to heaven. I felt a pleasant tingling sensation in my skin.
I held him close and opened my eyes for a moment. I saw someone move hastily away from the doorway when I looked.
Abruptly, he let me go and smiled. He looked into my eyes one more time, his hand brushing my cheek, and whispered, “I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow. ” Then he left the room.
I stood there for what seemed like hours after he left, just smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah. I like this chapter. Sorry if the detail isn't very good, but as I said, I was eleven or twelve. I didn't have much experience to go on back then. I had to make it up as I went. I'm sure if you've read The Vampire's Moon, you'll see that I've gotten much better at describing kisses...among other things. *cough cough*