Status: Active :) (updates may be slow though)

I Will Make You Believe You Are Lovely

Prologue

Cathy sighed and ran a hand through her hair and sighed miserably down at her empty glass. There were only few little droplets left in it.

But they weren't enough to make her feel better.

The bartender noticed and walked back over from talking to another customer.

"One more?" He asked.

Cathy looked up from her empty glass and smiled.

"Couldn't hurt?" She grinned at the bartender as he went off and got another drink.

After he left, Cathy's smile faltered and disappeared entirely. She ran her finger round the edge of her empty glass as she stared into it again.

It was easy to identify the sort of people in that bar alone. There were the men that were just out for a drink, watching the sports channel on the small TV in the corner near the pool table.

The girls-night-out group, sitting in the booths and drinking their silly cocktails and talking about that one good looking guy leaning on the bar counter.

There were the old and miserable men that were there drowning their sorrows with a glass of whiskey and trying to forget about their boring life.

The people that came in here not knowing where else to go.

The to-be alcoholics.

The cheaters.

The liars.

Cathy.

Cathy was labeled in the group of 'Recently-broken-up' or 'Caught-my-boyfriend-cheating.' She was 'hurt' and 'alone'.

No she wasn't. She was pissed. How would you feel if your walked in on your boyfriend screwing his receptionist?

Not o-fucking-kay; if you asked Cathy. She knew things were a bit rough between her and Scott, but did that give him a reason to fuck his colleague?

Apparently so.

"Here's your drink." The bartender said, coming back and putting it on the bar counter in front of Cathy.

"Thanks..." Cathy said.

While taking a swig of her drink, the door to the bar opened and someone walked in but Cathy didn't bother to look up.

From the corner of her eye, she could tell it was a man though as he sighed when he sat down on one I the bar stools beside Cathy.

He ordered his drink and Cathy snuck a quick look.

Short brown hair, big blue eyes and a slight baby face. How old was this guy? Well, Cathy wasn't one to judge. She was only twenty two but still.

But for some reason, Cathy didn't know what category he fell into. He was on his own, seemed tired but not ultimately miserable... Cheater? Nah, the baby face doesn't cut it.

"So, why are you here?" Cathy asked simply as she glanced back down at her drink.

Blue eyes glanced up startled slightly and looked over at Cathy. Once he realised she was talking to him, he quickly blinked and then spoke.

"Left a party early. I just want a drink, not to dance to crappy music." He said.

Okay, the lisp didn't help the baby face at all. Cathy let out a chuckle.

"That doesn't seem like the only reason." She said simply.

"And why are you so interested?" He smirked.

"Just trying to make conversation." She shrugged before taking another swig of her drink.

"A great way to start a conversation is by saying hello." Blue eyes said, smirk never leaving.

Cathy laughed. "You seem too nice to be in here. You don't fit in."

"And how exactly don't I fit in?" Blue eyes quickly thanked the bartender for his drink and then turned his body to face Cathy.

"Well, you see other there?" Cathy nodded her head to the girls. "Girls night with at least one of them looking to screw that guy over there."

Blue eyes smirked as his eyes moved across the room to look at the people Cathy spoke about.

"How about him?" Blue eyes asked.

Cathy looked at who Blue Eyes was looking at and raised an eyebrow as she found the old guy.

"Most likely spends a majority of his day working in an office and comes here for a drink before he has to go home to his family where his wife will shout at him and his kids won't care." Cathy said.

"Wow, you can put a downer on anyone's mood." Blue eyes said, raising his glass to his lips.

"Well, tell me what you think is with that guy." Cathy said pointing to a guy on his phone.

"Business dude? Shit, I don't know." Blue eyes sighed and shrugged. "I'm hardly observant of people. You should ask my friend instead. He's the guy who'll hardly ever speak but he'll be able to know everything about you within a few minutes."

Cathy nodded and acted as if she was contemplating it. "I'll hold you to that. So if this friend was here right now or at that party you left, he could tell me about some girl dancing? Even if he was tipsy?"

"Nah, not this guy. He's straight edge. Hasn't touched a drink in years." Blue eyes said.

"Wish I had the will power to do that." Cathy sighed.

"I can second that, I don't know how the guy does it. He's vegan too."

"How the fuck does this guy survive!?" Cathy looked at Blue Eyes shocked. "I'd die with out bacon!"

Blue eyes laughed, it was a weird cute giggle but Cathy tried not to focus on that.

"He tried tricking me into eating some vegan bacon once." Cathy laughed as Blue eyes shuddered.

"But how do you fit in here?" Blue eyes asked.

Cathy raised her glass to her lips. "Caught boyfriend cheating." Took a sip. "Now he's my ex." Put glass back down.

"Ah." Blue eyes said.

"I still don't how you fit in here." Cathy sighed.

"Well, maybe I'm just that sort of guy." Blue eyes shrugged.

"And what sort of guy is that?" Cathy asked.

"The cool, mysterious guy." Blue eyes smirked.

Cathy snorted. "Yeah right."

"What, I'm serious?" Blue eyes laughed.

"Sure okay then." Cathy scoffed.

"Trust me, if you knew what my life was like at the moment, you would think its great; but I'm just tired." Blue eyes sighed. "But it's only 2006 right?"

"It's only 2006." Cathy nodded her head. "If you had the time, I'd love to talk more." She smiled.

"I'd like that." Blue eyes grinned.

"I'm Cathy," She said as she raised her glass for a toast.

"I'm Joe." Blue eyes clinked his glass with hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah! Hello :D welcome to "I will make you believe you are lovely"! A Joe Trohman fanfic because there are not enough out there :)

You can find me on WattPad also where you can find my Patrick Stump Fanfiction "Definitely Unexpected" and my Pete Wentz one "With You, I'm a beautiful mess".

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated!! :D

Xx